Captain next season

My point was the club can tell any player they aren't in the plans. However cannot force them to leave.
Doesn’t mean he has to play. He won’t be the first player we’ve had that is forced to train out with the 1st team squad and he won’t be the last. It’s up to him, find another club or finish his career training with the under 18’s. The only unpalatable situation here is if he is still wearing a Rangers top next season.

Doesn’t mean he has to play. He won’t be the first player we’ve had that is forced to train out with the 1st team squad and he won’t be the last. It’s up to him, find another club or finish his career training with the under 18’s. The only unpalatable situation here is if he is still wearing a Rangers top next season.
We cannot afford to have players exiled and still on the wage bill. If he is still here he will be played every week by the manager whether fans like it or not. He has played 54 games this year. He isn't just going to be dropped and kicked out to the reserves.

We cannot afford to have players exiled and still on the wage bill. If he is still here he will be played every week by the manager whether fans like it or not. He has played 54 games this year. He isn't just going to be dropped and kicked out to the reserves.
What we can’t afford is another season with James Tavernier in the Rangers 1st team. That costs us a lot more than his wages
If he won’t leave them he is stuck in football oblivion, it’s up to him.

What we can’t afford is another season with James Tavernier in the Rangers 1st team. That costs us a lot more than his wages
If he won’t leave them he is stuck in football oblivion, it’s up to him.
For all his failings I'd suggest 54 games, 24 goals and 12 assists means he isn't just going to be just told to leave. No chance. That's my opinion and I'd think the manager doesn't blame Tav for all our issues this year.

Personally I'd like to see Butland be Captain next season, if he's not sold for rebuild money. Out with that I'm not sure who be captain unless club bring in one worthy during summer. But has to be one constantly representing club with heart on his sleeve.
I'd settle for one that doesn't need to take every throwing, free kick, corner kick ect..

You're in cuckoo land if you think Clement will exile the captain and vice captain haha. This isn't Football Manager pal.

For all his failings I'd suggest 54 games, 24 goals and 12 assists means he isn't just going to be just told to leave. No chance. That's my opinion and I'd think the manager doesn't blame Tav for all our issues this year.
Not them all, I grant you on that but a significant portion of the blame goes to Tavernier. He can’t have it both ways, be the focal point of the team taking all the penalties and vast majority of free kick chances and not be significant when it results in failure. He should have already played his last game but if the manager wants to write off our Scottish cup chances so he gets a final hurrah then so be. Next season if he is still in the first team then the cull doesn’t need to start with the manager but the board also.

See if you step back for a second and realise how mental you sound. Yet again he's been voted into the league's team of the year by his fellow pros yet you think it'd be sensible to relegate him to the reserves.
I’ve got eyes, I’ve seen exactly what he has been bringing to our team in the last two seasons. His time is up. He deserves to see out his contract if he wants too, he earned it but it can’t be at the detriment of the first team.

He’s been the focal point of the team for too long, it started with Warburton. We need a completely fresh ethos in our team that starts with a new captain and Tavernier and Goldson leaving. I think like me a lot of fans are crying out for a new style of football that doesn’t involve having fullbacks putting hopeful balls into the box and midfielders tasked more with covering for fullbacks than contributing to attacks.
This TM. This system needs to go for us to be successful in my opinion. For far too long we have deployed it, it's been the one constant.

People are blind to the knock on effect this entire system causes due to "Aye but Tav scores goals". Get it binned along with players who have it ingrained into their style of play.

This TM. This system needs to go for us to be successful in my opinion. For far too long we have deployed it, it's been the one constant.

People are blind to the knock on effect this entire system causes due to "Aye but Tav scores goals". Get it binned along with players who have it ingrained into their style of play.
It’s suffocating to other players. There’s a reason why Warburton is no longer a first team manager and it was him that set this fullback system up.

You're right mate, football hasn't changed at all in 30 years.

If you think you can get away with even a fraction of what you could back then then you're deluded. Just about every manager will tell you how different dressing rooms are nowadays.
I said earlier this thread, a Roy Keane or “proper captain” doing what they did then now would be suspended for months and then charged under Humzas hate law!

Add a new board also. The cull will need to start at the very top if Tavernier is still a Rangers player next season. As for this contract pish, there’s ways to end it, force him out on loan.
We don’t need to force him out on loan. He’s a decent and true bloke, he won’t need “forced” to do anything. He’s not gonna tarnish his reputation being on the bench or the stands as a mercenary. If we tell him thanks for your time but we’re moving on, we’ll let you go for free to anyone your happy agreeing a contract with I’m certain he’d be off to the Middle East or turkey.

We don’t need to force him out on loan. He’s a decent and true bloke, he won’t need “forced” to do anything. He’s not gonna tarnish his reputation being on the bench or the stands as a mercenary. If we tell him thanks for your time but we’re moving on, we’ll let you go for free to anyone your happy agreeing a contract with I’m certain he’d be off to the Middle East or turkey.
Yes I think so too. It’s everyone’s best interest if he leaves and finds another club. Worse case scenario does not involve him being in the first team though.

It’s suffocating to other players. There’s a reason why Warburton is no longer a first team manager and it was him that set this fullback system up.
Absolutely spot on. Yet people are blind to it all because "Aye but Tav scores goals". It's the definition of insanity deploying a system continuously which has failed!!. I just hope Clement bins it, if he doesn't he'll be gone before Christmas.

Absolutely spot on. Yet people are blind to it all because "Aye but Tav scores goals". It's the definition of insanity deploying a system continuously which has failed!!. I just hope Clement bins it, if he doesn't he'll be gone before Christmas.
Agree and so should the board. I’m of the belief that Beale got the job to appease certain players. Enough is enough, that players must be binned starting with Tavernier but at no means ending with him.

Not them all, I grant you on that but a significant portion of the blame goes to Tavernier. He can’t have it both ways, be the focal point of the team taking all the penalties and vast majority of free kick chances and not be significant when it results in failure. He should have already played his last game but if the manager wants to write off our Scottish cup chances so he gets a final hurrah then so be. Next season if he is still in the first team then the cull doesn’t need to start with the manager but the board also.
Pathetic post

I’ve got eyes, I’ve seen exactly what he has been bringing to our team in the last two seasons. His time is up. He deserves to see out his contract if he wants too, he earned it but it can’t be at the detriment of the first team.

So a player who has been in the team of the year in the last two seasons (voted for by his fellow pros) is a detriment to others. Honestly think about what you're saying haha.

Can you imagine a Hearts forum where some of them want to punt Shankland because he takes penalties and "doesn't let others score".

What's this patter about us being set up to suit Tav as well? It's a lazy argument without merit. He no longer overlaps whoever is playing wide, he plays more inverted now. Is it his fault we don't have midfielders or wide players who can score or assist?

Personally I'd like to see Butland be Captain next season, if he's not sold for rebuild money. Out with that I'm not sure who be captain unless club bring in one worthy during summer. But has to be one constantly representing club with heart on his sleeve.
Funny that people still seem to think a captain has some sort of influence over how a team plays.

So a player who has been in the team of the year in the last two seasons (voted for by his fellow pros) is a detriment to others. Honestly think about what you're saying haha.

Can you imagine a Hearts forum where some of them want to punt Shankland because he takes penalties and "doesn't let others score".
The system is a detriment and Tavernier is the front back and sides of that system.

You genuinely think the entire prospects of success at the club is dictated by our right back being at the club still? Is Tav really that powerful? Jesus.

The crazy thing is, some people probably do.

I'd heard of Trump Derangement Syndrome before. Some Rangers fans have Tav Derangement Syndrome.

You genuinely think the entire prospects of success at the club is dictated by our right back being at the club still? Is Tav really that powerful? Jesus.
Jesus I mean this whole group of players that includes Tavernier,Goldson,Lundstram,Scott Wright,Barisic and the rest we won’t win another league title until they are gone it’s quite simple they are serial losers

Jesus I mean this whole group of players that includes Tavernier,Goldson,Lundstram,Scott Wright,Barisic and the rest we won’t win another league title until they are gone it’s quite simple they are serial losers.
To me though Tav still actually contributes positively in terms of goal output. I'm not about his penalties. Take those away and his numbers are still respectable for his position. And aren't his assist numbers among the highest in the league? So that suggests he's still generally an asset in attacking sense from open play. So that's worth keeping hold of to me while we bed in the new players that will undoubtedly join in the summer.

To me though Tav still actually contributes positively in terms of goal output. I'm not about his penalties. Take those away and his numbers are still respectable for his position. And aren't his assist numbers among the highest in the league? So that suggests he's still generally an asset in attacking sense from open play. So that's worth keeping hold of to me while we bed in the new players that will undoubtedly join in the summer.
We need to move on and stop relying on a 32 year old for goals and assists,we need to scout midfielders and forwards to score and assist and make up Tavernier’s numbers we desperately need a fresh start and a RB that defends first and foremost this group of players are finished we need to replace them all asap hopefully the core group over the next couple of months

See if you step back for a second and realise how mental you sound. Yet again he's been voted into the league's team of the year by his fellow pros yet you think it'd be sensible to relegate him to the reserves.
Bet you had a wild night celebrating that. Voted in there alongside Liam Scales who you were deriding for being naff on another thread so tying yourself in knots a bit too But if highly intelligent footballers vote someone into the team of the season then that’s telling I suppose. Theo Bair and Owen Beck in there too, Shankland player of the year, so it’s superstars everywhere. The likes of Van Veen, Luis Lopes and Startelt last season. Get all of them to Ibrox too and get ready for a treble.

Maybe scum minded players gave Tav the vote as a wee thank you for folding when it was crunch time again, or maybe like yourself, he’s picked purely for numbers and being the only right back in the league who’s the figurehead for the side, certainly the only one hitting 20 spot kicks a season. 33 soon too so only going to get worse on the defensive side, but it’s not about Rangers it’s about Tav, and Goldson too apparently.

You are in a cuckoo land outwith our solar system if you think that James Tavernier should be a Rangers player next season.
He will be though, and will remain as captain. When Gerrard joined about 90% of fans wanted him stripped of the captaincy. It should have happened then, now the snowball has got bigger and bigger.

He will be though, and will remain as captain. When Gerrard joined about 90% of fans wanted him stripped of the captaincy. It should have happened then, now the snowball has got bigger and bigger.
The Tavernier phenomenon has finally reached a critical point in my opinion. As such we will see him leave. If not the cull next season shouldn’t be for him it should be for the board.

what a walloper

Back