Cardiff Suing Nantes

You think you've seen every possible type of scummy behaviour by football clubs in pursuit of money but this is unbelievable. A man has died and Cardiff are trying to gouge £100 million out of another club because of it. Absolutely deplorable.

This is seriously crass beyond belief. What must the poor lads family be thinking? Let them grieve in peace instead of having his entire life reduced to his value as an asset.

Cardiff have behaved terribly - and thats the polite version of what i want to really say here.
Did Cardiff actually part with any money for the transfer?

Pathetic from Cardiff. Absolutely pathetic.

Their behaviour over the Sala tragedy is bringing them into serious disrepute.

I take it that was after some sort of tribunal that told them to pay that? Otherwise you wouldn’t have parted with anything before even meeting the guy?

Either way, leave it be Cardiff.

FIFA stepped in and said the transfer had been completed. IIRC they threatened to put an embargo on them until they paid Nantes what they owed.

There’s a great series done by BBC sounds a few years back about it. Really good stuff, quite dark in places as you’d expect but overall a great listen

If you haven't read the article in the OP, this is the quote at the bottom from Tan. Guy sounds like a total scumbag of a man.

Tan previously told L'Equipe: 'I am very angry. We have no choice, we will not stop.

'We were never able to use the very promising player that we had bought. Emiliano Sala could have scored the few goals that would have saved us from demotion to the Championship.

'This resulted in a loss of £100m, at least, for the club. With Sala, we could have been maintained [as a top-flight club].

'He didn't play a single game for us. Why should we pay for his entire transfer? FC Nantes must be punished.'

What next from this horrendous club?
Every time you think they have scraped the barrel they come way with an other act that’s more vile than the last.
Imagine wanting to be associated with a club like that?

They really are proving themselves to be morally bankrupt.

I’m sure they organised his f*cking transport for starters.

If you haven't read the article in the OP, this is the quote at the bottom from Tan. Guy sounds like a total scumbag of a man.

Tan previously told L'Equipe: 'I am very angry. We have no choice, we will not stop.

'We were never able to use the very promising player that we had bought. Emiliano Sala could have scored the few goals that would have saved us from demotion to the Championship.

'This resulted in a loss of £100m, at least, for the club. With Sala, we could have been maintained [as a top-flight club].

'He didn't play a single game for us. Why should we pay for his entire transfer? FC Nantes must be punished.'
Nantes "must be punished" for an accident and found liable for "a loss of 100m". What a total bellend he is. Utterly shameful behaviour.

I watched the episode of Air Crash Investigation which dealt with this incident.

It transpired the pilot of the plane was not a commercial pilot but a private pilot. He wasn’t allowed to fly in the dark, carry passengers for money and although he did technically have an Instrument Rating for IFR flights, he had never actually used Instrument Flying for many years. It was a horror show and although the actual crash wasn’t the pilots fault, it was carbon monoxide positioning which caused him to become unconscious due to a faulty heating system, he still should not have been flying at that time. Whoever arranged the flight is highly culpable.

The Scottish chap? A slimy character indeed
Absolutely, question marks all over Willie McKay and Cardiff.

The fact that the year before the Sala transfer both his twin sons got 2 year deals at Cardiff without ever kicking a ball for them tells you how much he can pull the strings.

There’s no way they would have signed if they weren’t his sons.

Scum - and saying would never have been relegated if the boy hadn't died so suing Nantes for loss of money is just the worse ever and doesn't even make any sense.

Cardiff chairman " So, I don't see why people say we are just after money.We just want to get some justice"
Absolutely bonkers.
Surely the majority of Cardiff fans are unhappy at the clubs behaviour?

Absolutely disgraceful. If they do get anything then every penny should go to the poor guy's family.

I wish i was shocked and disgusted by the behaviour of cardiff. I am not in the slightest.
Also, lets not kid ourselves that many other clubs would not lower themselves to this behaviour either.
Football is morally bankrupt. Only the financial bottom line counts for most of the clubs.

As much as we like watching the game, as a sporting enterprise and business it is devoid of any moral compass or compassion.

We met a Welsh couple on honeymoon 37 years ago.
To this day I’ve never met such miserable, tight arsed people.
Money was the be all and end all.

It must be a Welsh thing.
:)) Random.

Re Cardiff - The guys family might just about be getting over it now and hey these cvnts drag it on.

I wish i was shocked and disgusted by the behaviour of cardiff. I am not in the slightest.
Also, lets not kid ourselves that many other clubs would not lower themselves to this behaviour either.
Football is morally bankrupt. Only the financial bottom line counts for most of the clubs.

As much as we like watching the game, as a sporting enterprise and business it is devoid of any moral compass or compassion.
I would be horrified if we attempted this.

Back