Carlisle United pre season friendlies

Newtown Bear

Does anyone know if Carlisle have any home pre season friendlies lined up yet ? Been looking to go down there for a while tho hoping for some decent weather for it cheers.

Jacksonville Jaguars in a mixed sport contest late July is probably likely.

These are the last two seasons:

Tend to have one on a Saturday, it'll be on the above board as soon as any are named. Was a bit of a boycott over that Dundee United one last July over prices, Americans won't make that mistake.

Last edited:
The club are renovating the East Stand and putting in executive boxes.
Think they are working on the Neil Centre as well.
Not sure if this might impact on home friendlies

It’s been a poor season for the club on the field but they have stuck with Paul Simpson and the crowds remain good.

Off the field, for the first time in years, things look bright and the Piatek’s seem to have the ability to ‘read the room’ in terms of their dealings and the way in which they’re operating. As someone said above, don’t think there will be things like pricing issues on friendlies etc going forwards.

Be good to see us have some sort of link with Carlisle where we can send players on loan. Would make sense geographically and also benefit both clubs.

Me too mate.
Love a wee day trip on the train there.
Might check out season ticket prices.

Same as this season:

Did think they may do some kind of cheap offer, they were on Radio Cumbria earlier and a question was regarding this decison - answer didn't give anything away.

Apparently have a player budget of 3.5 million for next season aswel. Time will tell thought.

I can't help but think they have too much money these folk, throwing it about enough. Seems to me the only one really in to Football is the son, funny goings on.

I can't help but think they have too much money these folk, throwing it about enough. Seems to me the only one really in to Football is the son, funny goings on.

He certainly talks a good game, but yeah I get what you mean, it still doesn't seem real if I'm honest.

ALways fancied a wee day trip down to Carlisle to watch a game something different.
Any home games haven't really helped with my shift pattern

My son did post grad work experience in Hawick and ended up travelling to Carlisle to watch them. Even though he is now back home they have become a sort second team for him. He watched their play-off with Bradford last season.

He certainly talks a good game, but yeah I get what you mean, it still doesn't seem real if I'm honest.
Not sure what his end game is.
Modernising the stadium would be a good start but there is ceiling on how far Carlisle could go.
A 15000 capacity with good bars and restaurants would be ideal but to fill it they need to be challenging in League 1.
Hard to see how they will make money from themselves put of this.

Last edited:
Modernising the stadium would be a good start but there is ceiling on how far Carlisle could go.
A 15000 capacity with good bars and restaurants would be ideal but to fill it they need to be challenging in League.
This is what I dont understand either, they did say they wanted a club they can grow with a large catchment area, so carlisle it is although I bet last year (Bradford games) they thought it'd be like this all the time.

A 15000 capacity with good bars and restaurants would be ideal but to fill it they need to be challenging in League 1.

Just been down tonight as Nephew plays in the kids teams. Usually play at Penrith and train at Dalston so I really get the whole training complex in one place idea for all levels and it would be great for the City and very welcome. Just can’t get my head round why they are doing so much in a rush really, it seems a bit philanthropic at times and kind of naive. They seem really good, genuine people and they obviously aren’t daft in business - just can’t add it all up.

Just been down tonight as Nephew plays in the kids teams. Usually play at Penrith and train at Dalston so I really get the whole training complex in one place idea for all levels and it would be great for the City and very welcome. Just can’t get my head round why they are doing so much in a rush really, it seems a bit philanthropic at times and kind of naive. They seem really good, genuine people and they obviously aren’t daft in business - just can’t add it all up.
Probably just the American way mate, we're just not used to it.

Back