Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Trophies and football have nothing to do with this and should be kept out of it. These lads need justice for what happened to them and that’s accountability and sentencing from the bastards that done it.
Are you saying Celtic should not be punished for their part in covering this up and you only want the actual perps punished?

Celtic enabled this to continue by re-employing the perps and also covering up the abuse those young lads had to endure.

Nonsense. A by-product of this should very much see Celtic stripped of all trophies won whilst the abuse was being carried out.
I agree with this as well. They wanted us stripped of titles etc. for a crime we did not commit.

I actually think they should lose their license to operate. If you can't lose it for what they have done then what can you actually lose it for.

If the answer is cheating or maybe bribery then I reckon what they enabled is a far worse crime that cheating or bribery.

Last edited:
I agree with this as well. They wanted us stripped of titles etc. for a crime we did not commit.

I actually think they should lose their license to operate. If you can't lose it for what they have done then what can you actually lose it for.

If the answer is cheating or maybe bribery then I reckon what they enabled is a far worse crime that cheating or bribery.
You're not wrong there. Odious scumbags.

Are you saying Celtic should not be punished for their part in covering this up and you only want the actual perps punished?

Celtic enabled this to continue by re-employing the perps and also covering up the abuse those young lads had to endure.
Anyone with a grasp of the facts wouldn't argue otherwise. Not for a second. If people still need this explaining to them there's really no point in wasting your time with them.

How does this all work in terms of them paying out? Would it be covered by their liability insurance. Apologies if this has been discussed before.
The tims are saying their liability/indemnity insurance covers this.

Insurers don't like paying out and would insurance companies have policies that cover legacy sex abuse.

Insurers don't like paying out and would insurance companies have policies that cover legacy sex abuse.
No insurance company would cover a liability where the company failed to declare a previous incident as part of their renewal. Celtic knew about Torbett and Cairney and the fact that Cairney was allowed back into club to once again abuse boys would mean that any claims would not be covered by insurance.

No insurance company would cover a liability where the company failed to declare a previous incident as part of their renewal. Celtic knew about Torbett and Cairney and the fact that Cairney was allowed back into club to once again abuse boys would mean that any claims would not be covered by insurance.
This.
Insurance companies aren't mugs. That is why they have a mountain of small print attached to every policy.
No insurance company would pay out when the loser is culpable in criminally covering up and even abetting the incident/s that led to the loss.

Especially companies that welcomed the peados back to re-offend. That’s culpability - there is no payout forthcoming. Serves as a lovely comfort blanket though

What insurance company would pay out when the people running the club not only knew, but allowed the abuse to continue over 5 decades.
Can your insurance actually cover you for something that was illegal? especially if you knew about it and you knew it was illegall?

Breaking news from Canada.

Read up on this appears to 6 or 7 victims and 1 perpetrator.

I’m not interested in the money side but well done to the victims.

Good, I hope their disgusting club believe this as well.

If they do, it’ll also end up in court and I can only see one outcome when they take on the insurers’ corporate legal team - and my guess is that this would cost them millions as well.

Not a chance they’d get away with non-disclosure of previous offences let alone re-employing beasts.

Also sounds like they’re not pursuing their separate entity nonsense....

Can your insurance actually cover you for something that was illegal? especially if you knew about it and you knew it was illegall?

The mythical £70m they are sitting on...and not spending in fear of a huge payout that could run into millions tells me any sane insurance company have chased them.

I imagine frantic calls are being made...

Hello sunshine insurance how can i help?

Ehh hullo im looking for indemnity insurance ...its a delicate matter.

Ok sir...can i have your name?

Errr its Celtic footba...
Line goes dead

Hullo...hullo...a hink thurs sumthin wrang wi this phone Pat?

Hulllllo?

Their financial behaviour says to me there is no insurance.

The mythical £70m they are sitting on...and not spending in fear of a huge payout that could run into millions tells me any sane insurance company have chased them.

I imagine frantic calls are being made...

Hello sunshine insurance how can i help?

Ehh hullo im looking for indemnity insurance ...its a delicate matter.

Ok sir...can i have your name?

Errr its Celtic footba...
Line goes dead

Hullo...hullo...a hink thurs sumthin wrang wi this phone Pat?

Hulllllo?

Their financial behaviour says to me there is no insurance.
Oherwise Religious organisations, youth groups, media organisations etc would not have paid out in last few years and of course football clubs see link first one I could go0gle.

Oherwise Religious organisations, youth groups, media organisations etc would not have paid out in last few years and of course football clubs see link first one I could go0gle.

The perpetrator in this case was never convicted.

The Celtic Family have NINE convicted paedophiles to their name.

Compensation in England, with convicted paedophiles, would be way above that paid by Chelsea.

In Scotland ?

Compensation in England, with convicted paedophiles, would be way above that paid by Chelsea.

In Scotland ?
Agreed - my point is about whether or not Insurance companies ( and mostly based in England) would cover the clubs.

Lets not forget they have already lost a case in court. Presented with undeniable proven facts their arses collapsed.

The exact same thing is going to happen in the current case. The significance of that payout x20 +plus must have big peeturs arse making buttons.

In Scotland ?
I'd say there's recent precedent in Scotland.

FBS

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-60377109.amp

https://news.stv.tv/west-central/council-ordered-to-pay-1-3m-to-man-abused-for-years-by-foster-carer

All Celtic care about is their 'good name' (I know!). They will be dreading the negative publicity surrounding this. What happened at Penn State was reported worldwide. In fact the only thing I know about Penn State is that they covered up the abuse committed by one individual. Celtic's crimes are far worse, far more serious.

The lives those bastards ruined will never be mended by compensation payment's, especially if the payment's are covered by an NDA. A full admission of guilt and negligence as well as compensation is the least the victims should get. We should know soon if this is the case.

In Scotland ?
It's your last sentence that concerns me, paedophilia appears to be taken lightly in Scottish courts, by Scottish politicians, by Scottish footballing authorities and by the Scottish media.

All Celtic care about is their 'good name' (I know!). They will be dreading the negative publicity surrounding this. What happened at Penn State was reported worldwide. In fact the only thing I know about Penn State is that they covered up the abuse committed by one individual. Celtic's crimes are far worse, far more serious.

The lives those bastards ruined will never be mended by compensation payment's, especially if the payment's are covered by an NDA. A full admission of guilt and negligence as well as compensation is the least the victims should get. We should know soon if this is the case.
Regarding any NDA, as I’ve posted previously in this thread, they are not worth the paper they are written on. They only apply to the individual who receives any compensation. They cannot stop other family members or friends from disclosing an amount, as long as the person disclosing accidentally or inadvertently came across the settlement document and it’s been released without the knowledge of the recipient.

Given how long this went on and was an open secret for a long time it feels like there is no end to this. Money won't pay the victims for the hurt but it will recognise the hell they went through. The saga seems to go on and on with no resolution. I hope for the victims sake they get resolution soon.

Trophies and football have nothing to do with this and should be kept out of it. These lads need justice for what happened to them and that’s accountability and sentencing from the bastards that done it.
WTF - That club should be disbanded for what they enabled. Those poor souls have had their lives destroyed, and some didn't survive the damage caused to them.

So celtic are now in discussions to pay compensation, though don't accept liability, in spite of all the proof they were running the boys club. Ye, that makes sense.

If they were punished years ago, not only would so many victims have been spared, but also likely sponsors wouldn't have touched them, banks woudln't give them a line of credit, players wouldn't go near them and they wouldn't have racked up the cash to win titles, get into champs league etc, to ours and other clubs detriment.

So it goes hand in hand.

Remember Celtic aren't shy about using using non-football rules to suit themselves. They went after Legia a few years ago and had them kicked of a European competition.

Legia's crime. They used a player who was ineligible. I think he was on the pitch for minutes.

Yip, the bold Celts straight for the jugular.

But don't anyone mention Celtic getting punished for a grotesque crime. Nah it wisnae Celtic it was the Boys Club. Make ye sick.

I know ineligile players gets punished. Do we actually have to find a rule that states, that you are not allowed to use practising paedophiles ?

Last edited:
Many here say they would like trophies, championships and whatever taken from them. (Which I agree with) but this is all down to what the boys (now men ) want front this.
We know from reading from a few here. All they want is for them to say it was them or something similar.
What do the men want, do they want trophies and championships taken from them?

Would be interesting if the victim represented by Kim Leslie details were somehow to be 'passed' to Thomsons re the out of court settlement made literally on the steps of the court house of settlement amount as a starting point to avoid court but hopefully Mr Woods and the Grays especially in light of Hamas Useless advising of his fantasy dream job to be Chairman of scumtic fc and thus why the SNP kept 'religous' organisations ( I would not class them as sporting) off the CSA Scotland report and because of his attitude in basically blanking their contact re their son/brother and individual abuse to protect his dream employer and with the selfie he posted on social mhedia of posing in his WHITE cellic nike (covid conference?) hoodie! Take it the full way.
This stinks of Government interference , just like the SNP not wanting to take on Westminster/HMRC re the pursuit of Rangers being used as a test case for EBT tax loophole being reversed especially as being at war when Scotland used as the guinea pig for Poll Tax a year earlier than England.

Last edited:
Many here say they would like trophies, championships and whatever taken from them. (Which I agree with) but this is all down to what the boys (now men ) want front this.
We know from reading from a few here. All they want is for them to say it was them or something similar.
What do the men want, do they want trophies and championships taken from them?

Forget the title nonsense thats not happening.

What these men want is acknowledgement that Celtic employed and covered up the crimes of those employees and a proper public apology and not a mealy mouthed statement of "regret" and distance from their disgraceful actions.

Back