Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

You can buy it or not, entirely up to you. The trophy centre was the wholesaler acting on behalf of the club. It was supplying every piece of branded tat that the club sold through its shops. The trophy centre was not selling the tat direct to punters. It is all documented fact and this conversation is a very well trodden path that has been ‘alive’ on this message board for over a decade. It is a shambles and an utter scandal that the rancid bastards at their club awarded the contract to the beast, given it was know by the club what he was.
NL,
I used to help run a pool league in the early eighties and would purchase around twenty trophies, a year, with a maximum spend of less than £200.
They weren’t all just medals on bits of wood either.
I have never understood how, or why, Celtic would spend well over a hundred times that amount at a place like the trophy centre.

NL,
I used to help run a pool league in the early eighties and would purchase around twenty trophies, a year, with a maximum spend of less than £200.
They weren’t all just medals on bits of wood either.
I have never understood how, or why, Celtic would spend well over a hundred times that amount at a place like the trophy centre.
I'm not sure I can explain it any clearer mate. The £250k per season was not for trophies. The Trophy centre was given a contract to supply every bit of branded merchandise sold in the scum's own shops. They became the wholesaler supplying the shops. If the scum shop sold a bedsheet through its stadium shop, that bedsheet had been supplied by torbett. The trophy centre became the agent for buying the various bits of branded shit from multiple suppliers around the world.

I'm not sure I can explain it any clearer mate. The £250k per season was not for trophies. The Trophy centre was given a contract to supply every bit of branded merchandise sold in the scum's own shops. They became the wholesaler supplying the shops. If the scum shop sold a bedsheet through its stadium shop, that bedsheet had been supplied by torbett. The trophy centre became the agent for buying the various bits of branded shit from multiple suppliers around the world.

You've explained it well, bud. I hadn't understood until now. Still absolutely shocking that they saw fit to do this in the first place given what they knew about the guy who ran out.

Our of interest, when was the trophy centre formed?

You've explained it well, bud. I hadn't understood until now. Still absolutely shocking that they saw fit to do this in the first place given what they knew about the guy who ran out.

Our of interest, when was the trophy centre formed?
I can't remember at all, however, the million quid contract was agreed after the beast had been outed to the chief beast as a predator.

Yeah that's what I'm curious about.

He formed the boys club's when he was 21, which makes me wonder whether the trophy centre was after this. Basically set up as another vehicle to get close to kids.
Not trying to be pedantic, but I think he was even younger than that. 19?

I don't doubt the merchandising factor the 'trophy centre' was involved with
I have trouble with the ammounts declared / earned / spent

Without using Seville Calculator arithmetic - I can't see how they can get to the figures claimed
(maybe that's because I'm not searching / accessing the right sources ?)

Man U - who were widely believed to have the highest value brand merchandising worldwide - would have had trouble coming close to these figures from what I can see

I know we as a club have had some pretty poor commercial plans / strategies in the past -
but within reason we should have been able to achieve at least similar levels of revenue in these time periods
Again I'm probably looking in the wrong places - but I can't see any evidence we did

How do you know this ?

Like the Church of Rome they are up to their necks in this lets be clear the Catholic Religion is the worlds biggest paedo ring i make no apologies for this statement an absolute breeding ground for predators . They should be exposed world wide
They are a very evil and conniving cult, founded on the ridiculous and immoral notion of vicarious redemption by human sacrifice. They hold their myths and legends of Bronze Age illiterate sheep herding peasants from an obscure backwater in the Middle East above the protection of children in their care, unleashing an army of grotesque elderly virgins on the world. You have to wonder about the atrocities they committed when they held all the power or what they are still doing to this day in impoverished ignorant countries.

Without using Seville Calculator arithmetic - I can't see how they can get to the figures claimed

Man U - who were widely believed to have the highest value brand merchandising worldwide - would have had trouble coming close to these figures from what I can see

I know we as a club have had some pretty poor commercial plans / strategies in the past -
but within reason we should have been able to achieve at least similar levels of revenue in these time periods
Again I'm probably looking in the wrong places - but I can't see any evidence we did
It was a straight contract. Their club paid £250k for the stock the trophy centre provided. It was not an unreasonable sum.

The contract itself was legitimate and reasonable. The person the contract was awarded to was not. It is really, really easy to delegitimise genuine issues when we add things that are not true to them.

Celtic FC, after knowing Torbett was a paedophile who preyed on their own young children, awarded his company a contract that ran to a quarter million a year for 4 years and which continued for 3 (well, perhaps 2, but I think 3) years after the beast was jailed. Instead of reporting him to the police, they entered into a further business deal. This simple fact is an utter scandal in and of itself. When we start adding bits, calling it money laundering, whatever, we hand a series of reasons for people to question everything about what is being said. Through history thousands upon thousands of things are confused and obfuscated because the facts are buried in needless and damaging noise that serves the accused far more than the accuser. Everything I have said on the matter is public record and provable. Everything I have said is utterly damning of that disgrace of an organisation. Nothing at all needs to be added to it to make it worse and any conjecture or theory simply allows people to question all of it, rather than serve to highlight the issue.

Great post. It would be interesting to see the spend of our club and as you say the likes of MU at the time.

Like the Church of Rome they are up to their necks in this lets be clear the Catholic Religion is the worlds biggest paedo ring i make no apologies for this statement an absolute breeding ground for predators . They should be exposed world wide
We can't possibly say they've not already been exposed, they have.

Not with the likes of a Hollywood movie on the subject and so on. They are mocked by comedians etc but herein lies the problem. It's laughed off, it's acceptance!

The world knows the Catholic religion is synonymous with pedophilia alright. The challenge for rest of society is to fully absorb the catastrophic impact this repulsive cult has on literally hundreds of thousands of innocent fellow human beings throughout the world.

Or a vehicle to launder money?
it looks like it could have been to launder money ,clubs split the gate money back then ,they were declaring crowds of 24,000 when it was clear when seen on tv there was 30 to 40,000 at the games, cheating member clubs of much needed revenue, it was before wall to wall tv coverage and there would be weeks when the only idea of the crowd would be a couple of photos in the newspaper, so the attendance was rarely questioned

Not with the likes of a Hollywood movie on the subject and so on. They are mocked by comedians etc but herein lies the problem. It's laughed off, it's acceptance!

The world knows the Catholic religion is synonymous with pedophilia alright. The challenge for rest of society is to fully absorb the catastrophic impact this repulsive cult has on literally hundreds of thousands of innocent fellow human beings throughout the world.

I remember reading this. An estimated 200,000 in Spain alone

it looks like it could have been to launder money ,clubs split the gate money back then ,they were declaring crowds of 24,000 when it was clear when seen on tv there was 30 to 40,000 at the games, cheating member clubs of much needed revenue, it was before wall to wall tv coverage and there would be weeks when the only idea of the crowd would be a couple of photos in the newspaper, so the attendance was rarely questioned

The crowd attendance figures at the piggery were a running gag on Sportscene back in the day.

Yet these days they do the opposite, claim there are around 60,000 in the mhidden when there’s clearly thousands of empty seats.
Lies again, but for a different reason this time, PR.

Yeah that's what I'm curious about.

He formed the boys club's when he was 21, which makes me wonder whether the trophy centre was after this. Basically set up as another vehicle to get close to kids.

The Trophy Centre worked out of Shawbridge Industrial Estate behind the police station when I was still a kid so that would have been over 45 years ago

it was the size of Del Boys garage where the watch was found

I could never compute £250k alone for the mockits contract , never mind any further business

Did Torbett not make Kevin Kelly a director of the Trophy centre?,? so at the end of the financial year you pay said directors a big fat dividend, that’s how he snuck money out the club and turned a blind eye to Torbetts crimes.

Not pedantic at all, strengthens my curiosity that he was involved in the boys club first before conjuring a way to remain close to the club.
Remember, Torbett approached them when they were European Champions and their board said ''you are 19 years of age, no playing cv, no professional coaching experience. When can you start''? Not suspicious at all no siree.

The C of E aren’t blameless in this sickening crime either, nowhere near the scale of the RC church but proportionally similar? The mealy mouthed expressions of regret from the Archbishop’s of York and Canterbury ring as hollow as the chief deviants in the Vatican.

Did Torbett not make Kevin Kelly a director of the Trophy centre?,? so at the end of the financial year you pay said directors a big fat dividend, that’s how he snuck money out the club and turned a blind eye to Torbetts crimes.
Seen Kevin Kelly more than a few times in the shop I worked in on Shawbridge Street back in the early 90s,assume in the area to check in on his retirement fund I would guess.

All abuse is despicable, however the magnitude of what happened at the Celtic family over decades too generations of young aspiring footballers is unprecedented.
That an organisation can have so many predators preying on young people and multiple administrations/custodians get it so wrong is astounding.
The Kelly's, Torbett, Cairney and Mccafferty's of this world are opportunists who manipulated and exploited generations, those that chose to defend and protect them and the brand are equally culpable. What we are witnessing is a whitewash and that is unacceptable and unforgivable.
Their licence to operate should be revoked.

The thing is -
If a full & severe punishment isn't dished out in this instance -
then similar crimes committed at any time in the future - will inevitably have proportionately low punishment measures - as a precedent will have been created

Does anyone. Know why its all gone quiet with this matter ??

I thought they had a timescale to make the terrible victims of this atrocity an offer or court proceedings would commence.

Back