Celtic, referees, interventions from VAR, and finally 2 penalties conceded.

The main reason why we won’t be allowed to win the league.

It’s completely rigged for them to win it. A total stitch up which we’re powerless to challenge.

Depressing doesn’t begin to cover it.
You would think when Liewell was taking he should say no penalties against Celtic well sorry no he is not too much into the truth and facts

Some of you may remember this thread;

Well I decided to complete a half season review of how referees and assistants were performing this season.

As we know not everything makes it in to the Scottish Press but at a quick count there has been a contentious decision given to celtic in 13 out of their 22, or 60% of their league games. No not all have been game changing but we do know they are 6 points better off in games against us due to numerous incorrect and undeniable decisions.

Incredibly it started in the first game of the season Celtic v Ross County. Referee Nick Walsh, denies Ross County a penalty and red card for DGSO then later awards celtic a penalty.
VAR Gregg Aitken AVAR A Mulvanny

Less than a month later they came to Ibrox, Matondo had a goal ruled offside, Roofe a perfectly good goal disallowed. Maeda wiped Cantwell out in box, infact he was allowed to foul without reprisal.
Referee Don Robertson, VAR Alan Muir AVAR Danny McFarlane, for good measure Assistant Ref Frank Connor

Gallagher told Sky Sports: “I think the referee has got it absolutely correct on the pitch. I don’t think it’s a foul, I think Dessers gets in front of him. He gets in front of him and he has committed no foul at that point“

A fortnight later celtic struggling at home to Dundee. Referee Grant Irvine awards celtic a penalty at 0-0 in the second half.
"I have watched it a couple of times and it's hard to make a decision. I don't think it was a definite penalty. I don't think Ryan needs to challenge for the ball, but David Turnbull has been cute, he has used his body. "I'm not sure if it's in the box. The ball definitely isn't. But to lose the all-important goal in the game to that is very disappointing.

3 weeks later with celtic leading 1-0 celtic score an offside goal. VAR didn’t intervene.
Ref Matthew McDermid VAR David Dickinson. AVAR John McCrossan
https://www.skysports.com/watch/vid...dmits-tough-afternoon-in-3-1-defeat-to-celtic
Derek McInnes: Celtic's second goal was offside | 'We expected VAR to overturn it'

A fortnight later at Tynecastle and referee Nick Walsh awards celtic a ridiculous penalty.
Naismith said “I don’t think the penalty was a penalty “
Chris Sutton said “Kyogo goes to ground far too easily, there is no contact”

10 days later as St Mirren visited celtic Nick Walsh on VAR is at it again, at 1-1 and celtic struggling he awards celtic a penalty.
However, Turnbull was unable to add a second after a Video Assistant Referee (VAR) review determined that Alex Gogic had handled inside the box.

3 days later up in Dingwall, referee David Munro books Brown of Ross County. VAR ask for it to be upgraded to Red. VAR Andrew Dallas AVAR John McCrossan. Celtic struggle to break down 10 men County, 6 mins added time 1st half, celtic score 45+7.

3 weeks later celtic awarded a penalty at 0-0 and miss, they are then awarded another in the 87 minute for an offence officials were told the week before were not punishable. Greg Taylor escapes with a booking for a tackle worse than the Ross County player was sent off against celtic in the previous match. At 1-1 10 minutes of added time were played.

2 weeks later celtic are awarded a penalty that wasn’t a penalty, referee John Beaton, VAR Gavin Duncan AVAR David McGeachie

4 days later away to Kilmarnock at 0-1 Celtic A Johnston saves the ball on the line,
Referee David Munro, VAR Greg Aitken AVAR Andrew McWilliam.
At 2-1 Kilmarnock 8 minutes added time, full time 100min 35 seconds. Third time in a month celtic had over 10 minutes added in 2nd half of games.

A fortnight later after losing their previous 2 SPFL matches, not having scored in over 200mins of domestic football at 0-0 Livingston were denied a penalty immediately before half time as the crowd were getting on Celtic’s backs.
Referee Matthew McDermid VAR Alan Muir AVAR Andrew McWilliam

A week later we went to Parkhead, where do you even start other than

Match Officials​

Referee: Nick Walsh Fourth official:Kevin Clancy VAR:William Collum Assistant VAR Daniel McFarlane
Aided and abetted by dark forces at the SFA.

3 days later to start the year and just to remind folk VAR is actually a thing, referee David Munro books St Mirren player for attempting to score VAR Steven McLean and AVAR Dougie Potter recommend it be upgraded to Red.
Sky Sports' Chris Sutton: "Olusanya is entitled to commit for the cross. It's a genuine attempt to put it in. Some people may look at that as dangerous play but Hart has dived down on that. "I really feel for Olusanya. Sometimes in football, there are accidents. He's trying to score a goal. What's he supposed to do?"

Feel free to add any I may have missed.
Superb mate.

I’ve advocated someone pulling together all the bad decisions for them and the ones that go against us in a video format with text down the side and the referees and var involved

Then create a league table of these decisions at the end

I don’t have the skills to do this but gladly help with research

It’s completely rigged for them to win it. A total stitch up which we’re powerless to challenge.

Aberdeens performances are akin to match fixing also worth 13 points a season to the filth with goal difference included

We have no chance of any backing or support from the other clubs, I just showed these stats to a Dundee Utd fan, and he simply shook his head and said we were paranoid.

Well I decided to complete a half season review of how referees and assistants were performing this season.

As we know not everything makes it in to the Scottish Press but at a quick count there has been a contentious decision given to celtic in 13 out of their 22, or 60% of their league games. No not all have been game changing but we do know they are 6 points better off in games against us due to numerous incorrect and undeniable decisions.

Incredibly it started in the first game of the season Celtic v Ross County. Referee Nick Walsh, denies Ross County a penalty and red card for DGSO then later awards celtic a penalty.

Less than a month later they came to Ibrox, Matondo had a goal ruled offside, Roofe a perfectly good goal disallowed. Maeda wiped Cantwell out in box, infact he was allowed to foul without reprisal.
Referee Don Robertson, VAR Alan Muir AVAR Danny McFarlane, for good measure Assistant Ref Frank Connor

Gallagher told Sky Sports: “I think the referee has got it absolutely correct on the pitch. I don’t think it’s a foul, I think Dessers gets in front of him. He gets in front of him and he has committed no foul at that point“

A fortnight later celtic struggling at home to Dundee. Referee Grant Irvine awards celtic a penalty at 0-0 in the second half.
"I have watched it a couple of times and it's hard to make a decision. I don't think it was a definite penalty. I don't think Ryan needs to challenge for the ball, but David Turnbull has been cute, he has used his body. "I'm not sure if it's in the box. The ball definitely isn't. But to lose the all-important goal in the game to that is very disappointing.

3 weeks later with celtic leading 1-0 celtic score an offside goal. VAR didn’t intervene.
https://www.skysports.com/watch/vid...dmits-tough-afternoon-in-3-1-defeat-to-celtic
Derek McInnes: Celtic's second goal was offside | 'We expected VAR to overturn it'

A fortnight later at Tynecastle and referee Nick Walsh awards celtic a ridiculous penalty.

10 days later as St Mirren visited celtic Nick Walsh on VAR is at it again, at 1-1 and celtic struggling he awards celtic a penalty.
However, Turnbull was unable to add a second after a Video Assistant Referee (VAR) review determined that Alex Gogic had handled inside the box.

3 days later up in Dingwall, referee David Munro books Brown of Ross County. VAR ask for it to be upgraded to Red. VAR Andrew Dallas AVAR John McCrossan. Celtic struggle to break down 10 men County, 6 mins added time 1st half, celtic score 45+7.

3 weeks later celtic awarded a penalty at 0-0 and miss, they are then awarded another in the 87 minute for an offence officials were told the week before were not punishable. Greg Taylor escapes with a booking for a tackle worse than the Ross County player was sent off against celtic in the previous match. At 1-1 10 minutes of added time were played.

2 weeks later celtic are awarded a penalty that wasn’t a penalty, referee John Beaton, VAR Gavin Duncan AVAR David McGeachie

4 days later away to Kilmarnock at 0-1 Celtic A Johnston saves the ball on the line,
At 2-1 Kilmarnock 8 minutes added time, full time 100min 35 seconds. Third time in a month celtic had over 10 minutes added in 2nd half of games.

A fortnight later after losing their previous 2 SPFL matches, not having scored in over 200mins of domestic football at 0-0 Livingston were denied a penalty immediately before half time as the crowd were getting on Celtic’s backs.

Match Officials​

Referee: Nick Walsh Fourth official:Kevin Clancy VAR:William Collum Assistant VAR Daniel McFarlane

3 days later to start the year and just to remind folk VAR is actually a thing, referee David Munro books St Mirren player for attempting to score VAR Steven McLean and AVAR Dougie Potter recommend it be upgraded to Red.
Sky Sports' Chris Sutton: "Olusanya is entitled to commit for the cross. It's a genuine attempt to put it in. Some people may look at that as dangerous play but Hart has dived down on that. "I really feel for Olusanya. Sometimes in football, there are accidents. He's trying to score a goal. What's he supposed to do?"

Send it to the club mate, they probably won't do anything with it but worth sending just in case

Match Officials​

Fantastic from OP. I had a post similar last week and you’ve nailed it even more than me. The cheating is on a new level.

Superb mate.

I’ve advocated someone pulling together all the bad decisions for them and the ones that go against us in a video format with text down the side and the referees and var involved

Then create a league table of these decisions at the end

I don’t have the skills to do this but gladly help with research

A lot more incidents aren’t reported, or discussed,

We really need someone with the time and digital skills to pull together comparable incidents that had different outcomes.

It started first game of season, celtic v Ross County.

With the contest goalless, the forward had an appeal for a spot-kick turned down by referee Nick Walsh following a brush with Celtic keeper Joe Hart that led to him taking another stride forward before losing his footing. He was left bemused that the contact threshold for a penalty appeared altogether different shortly afterwards. Celtic able to take the lead from the spot after Walsh deemed a Josh Simms’ touch on Greg Taylor that sent him hurling to the ground merited sanction. Murray is insistent the two incidents should not have resulted in contrasting outcomes, even as VAR backed the on-field decisions.

We know celtic got penalties;

home to Dundee, Tony Docherty said “David Turnbull has been cute, he has used his body. "I'm not sure if it's in the box.”

away to Hearts, Chris Sutton said “Kyogo goes to ground far too easily, there is no contact”

home to Hibs, Nick Montgomery said “The player who actually went down didn’t even think it was a penalty, He didn’t think he got touched. He said that to the boys afterwards”

We know Maeda taking out Cantwell at Ibrox and Johnston on Dessers at Parkhead weren’t even looked at.

So 7 decisions that each and every one went in Celtic’s favour.

Absolutely brilliant work op!

We need this evidenced, we should share it far and wide and make a big deal about it.

It’s how they fucks yet again have managed to orchestrate another big cover up. The scum have somehow got VAR by the balls in Scotland. There will be more to it.

You can see their tactics on the field with the ball boys, the mirrored actions to the refs when things don’t got their way. The VAR screen at parkhead right in front of their mobs. The random balls on the pitch, the penalty retakes, the ball boys throwing balls to players when the other ball has not even out of play. They use every tactic on the field they’ll do off field too. Scratch that surface and I swear there’s allsorts of dodgy shit going on. That’s why the main man himself is very quiet.

If someone gets this in a format I’ll happily format and document professionally and we can get it sent off to all sorts. Dm.

Match Officials​

Top post.

Another thing worth maybe checking is how many of those penalties that Celtic scored had instances of encroachment. I bet there are a few, and they were not retaken as they had already scored.

Imagine being the referee that forced a retake after they scored, only for them to miss it second time around. There would be rather bold statements getting put out by Celtic (and subsequently ignored by the SFA).

Even with holding the loaded dice of refs in their favour with endless big decisions going their way, the peasants are still struggling. Imagine the media today if we had won 1-0 yesterday after the ref had told Tav to retake a penalty he had previously missed. ? The media would be in meltdown this morning. One story only would be dominating the back pages.

This is the type of stuff that needs documented and made into a YouTube video

With commentary down the side

Show videos for and against side by side to detail the blantant cheating that is occur g on a weekly basis

Send it to sky and ask them for their opinion

Update after resuming from the winter break

27/1/24 Celtic 1 Ross County 0

Celtic captain Callum McGregor set another major career milestone this afternoon when he took to the field to play his 450th game for his boyhood heroes.
The midfielder angered County forward Simon Murray in the first-half. His opponent felt he went down far too easily when he challenged for the ball and lashed out after the spot kick had been awarded.
VAR managed to keep Abada onside for his deflected shot to lead to another deflected shot that gave celtic an early goal. With the crowd getting more anxious as half time approached McGregor took a dive when he made contact with Simon Murray what is more incredible than Euan Anderson giving the penalty was VAR Greg Aitken didn’t ask him to look at it again. They weren’t slow in demanding a retake when the keeper saved the first one, not that it mattered he saved the second one too.

3/2/24 Aberdeen 1 celtic 1

See post 65

Aberdeen took an early second half lead and were in control of the game. 5 mins later Nawrocki already on a booking wipes out Miovski, as clear a yellow as you will see, Steven McLean once again bottles sending off a Celtic player and books Miovski for pointing out he was kicked. Celtic later makes changes and one of the subs scores 5 minutes after coming on. Celtic then replace Nawrocki with Welsh, however had McLean done his job Aberdeen would have been defending a lead v 10 men and Walsh probably would’ve been on instead of the goal scorer

7/2/24 Hibs 1 celtic 2

Nick Walsh at his finest. A tale of FOUR penalty decisions that Nick Walsh awarded all in Celtic’s favour. He also allowed a reckless challenge by Ralston go unpunished in the lead up to Celtic’s second last minute penalty, a similar challenge that seen a StMirren player sent off the week before. Minutes in to the game he awards celtic a settler of a penalty for an innocuous clash of heads that no one in Scottish football and further afield has ever seen happen. Hibs claw their way back in to the game and score a deserved equaliser, minutes later Boyle is clipped in the box, a penalty all day long, particularly with Nick Walsh’s low bar threshold, remember Kyogo at Tynecastle. Walsh books Boyle. Where was VAR Andrew Dallas in all this. Hibs miss chanceafter chance Walsh and VAR miss a Celtic player handball in his own box. As we get to 90 minutes and celtic thinking they got out of jail with a point VAR and Walsh fling them a lifeline to 3 points. They firstly ignore Ralston’s 1980s tackle the Hibs player pulls out of to avoid injury but then award a penalty for a coming together after Kyogo shoots. They couldn’t even prove it was in the box.

A penalty Nick Walsh awarded for Celtic earlier this season.

A penalty he failed to give against Celtic

This was 5 minutes after Aberdeen had taken the lead.

As clear a yellow card you are likely to see. Would ten men have managed to get an equaliser, would their goal scorer Kuhn actually have got on as no doubt they‘dve had to have put on Welsh sooner than they did.

There was no excuse for ref McLean to keep the Celtc defender on the pitch after a blatant second yellow card offence, but he did anyway. This clear evidence of cheating by a ref has already disappeared from the collective media memory bank.

There was no excuse for ref McLean to keep the Celtc defender on the pitch after a blatant second yellow card offence, but he did anyway. This clear evidence of cheating by a ref has already disappeared from the collective media memory bank.

McLean is no stranger to bottling decisions against celtic. You just need to compare the tackles from Taylor and Bolton of St Mirren he recently sent off.

Kettlewell says laws of game need to applied consistently after major decisions against champions.

“[It is frustrating] if the officials are telling me something when I go and sit for two-and-a-half hours with chief executives and managers when that exact incident came up in one of the clips. There were conversations around whether the player was going to get on the end of it, and whether every contact in the box is a penalty,” Kettlewell said. “From the angle I’ve seen Calum Butcher is adamant he didn’t pull the jersey. His palm is resting on the waist. I argued the point on this the other day and my understanding was that that wouldn’t be given as a penalty. But, lo and behold, when Steven McLean goes over to the monitor we all know what’s coming at that point. The guys from Celtic will maybe think it’s justified but I think it’s incredibly soft. Butcher gets caught on the wrong side – he’s put his hands up to that – but at no point has he pulled Johnston’s jersey and hauled him to the ground.
“So I find it baffling off the back of the conversation that was had with myself and several others in a room. That was brought up and I am really surprised that was the case. And I am looking at Blair Spittal's shin, he has a huge gash halfway up from a challenge from Greg Taylor, who I don't think is a dirty player, he is a very good player. There doesn't seem to be any look at that, it's a yellow card. People think we are insane by criticising and saying is that one not worth a look? I looked at the challenge again and I think it's a bad one.

McLean is no stranger to bottling decisions against celtic. You just need to compare the tackles from Taylor and Bolton of St Mirren he recently sent off.

Kettlewell says laws of game need to applied consistently after major decisions against champions.

“[It is frustrating] if the officials are telling me something when I go and sit for two-and-a-half hours with chief executives and managers when that exact incident came up in one of the clips. There were conversations around whether the player was going to get on the end of it, and whether every contact in the box is a penalty,” Kettlewell said. “From the angle I’ve seen Calum Butcher is adamant he didn’t pull the jersey. His palm is resting on the waist. I argued the point on this the other day and my understanding was that that wouldn’t be given as a penalty. But, lo and behold, when Steven McLean goes over to the monitor we all know what’s coming at that point. The guys from Celtic will maybe think it’s justified but I think it’s incredibly soft. Butcher gets caught on the wrong side – he’s put his hands up to that – but at no point has he pulled Johnston’s jersey and hauled him to the ground.
“So I find it baffling off the back of the conversation that was had with myself and several others in a room. That was brought up and I am really surprised that was the case. And I am looking at Blair Spittal's shin, he has a huge gash halfway up from a challenge from Greg Taylor, who I don't think is a dirty player, he is a very good player. There doesn't seem to be any look at that, it's a yellow card. People think we are insane by criticising and saying is that one not worth a look? I looked at the challenge again and I think it's a bad one.

He's a cheat, no different to the many other refs, mate. When a ball can be punched out of the penalty area, and the ref, his assistant, Collum and his assistant on VAR all don't see it, then we have serious problems with refs in Scotland.

Hahah, we're clear and homing in mate. Don't bother watching the big giant fix, what's the point? Me on the other hand, I'll be celebrating, I've started already. No doom and gloom here. You can have my happy life or your sad one.

Using a managers comments as justification is pointless. They all talk shite to deflect from the defeat. Even Levein at the weekend did the same.

The clips themselves tell the story.

Isn't it strange that refs have a list of guidelines as to what equates to a foul, yellow card or red card. Weirdly scotland refs seem to shun the rules and guidlines that are there to help them and seemingly just free style every game. I don't get it why do we have rules? Especially if the referees are not going to use them to make a decision

And yet Rangers are cast as the villains by the rest of Scottish football.

This is an ideal opportunity for the teams in Scottish football to unite and point out that its not VAR or the standard of refereeing that is the problem, but the obvious favouring of one team at the expense of everyone else.

Sadly the envy others demonstrate towards anything rangers' related is so strong that they would rather let their own team be cheated than unite behind Rangers to cut out the 'cancer' that plagues Scottish football.
There is no logic to the other teams accepting the other team getting a free ride (not Jeanette Finlay)

It must be the Britishness that dulls their senses.

Thank you for exposing this for what it is and has been like since we got back!

The truth should set us and all the other teams bar one free if there was no Celtic influence and place men in positions of power within the game!

I'm not one for conspiracy theories and it's probably more due to unconscious bias then deliberate cheating (in most cases).

In summary, Celtic always moaned about referees and decisions going against them. Now, they get every big decision going their way and approximately half of Scottish referees would favour celtic over Rangers.

Maybe it's too obvious for some people to believe but it's happening in front of our eyes.

Well done to the OP as gathering the evidence is an essential part of changing things.

Their captain and their manager both admitted they were refereed "more leniently" in Scotland.

Without a trace of embarresment.

A wonderful OP. We all know it's going on but when you see it documented down so comprehensively, we really will have our work cut out to win this league.

What we have to lose is this mindset that it's behaviour unbecoming of the Club. I used to think the same way but times change and we have to change with them or it's only going to get even worse than it is now. It's obvious we're being shafted so it can't continue.

Or to give it, its proper name. Dignified negligence.

Ironically I feel that their desperate referee hounding before the first 2 old firm games of the season will come back to bite them. The referee swing will be in our favour towards the business end of the season. I know this sounds a bit mad but that's what my 34 years watching Scottish football has partly taught me. The Scottish league operates in a predictable manner, the 2,3 or 4 incidents in the first two old firm games where so obviously called wrongly that it may see refs scared to award contentious decisions against us. Just my thoughts. Kind of like a ref evening up a match after making a bad decision. Perhaps naive of me fellow follow followers.
I’ve been thinking the same thing and we might get a decision or two go our way.

Only time will tell.

Great work @Angrybluebear
Is there a way to get this out to a wider audience than FF,
I generally don't watch them unless v us, but I watched their game at Easter Rd and Hibs were absolutely shafted,
Had that been us that robbed them with the refs help, the media would still be banging on about it,
I was in favor of VAR as I reckoned it would be much harder for the bent refs to cheat, but they're carrying on regardless.
They need to be called out and exposed more, but how, with their fanboys in media protecting them?

Fantastic work @Angrybluebear I hope the club or indeed some renegade from the Media pick up on this, unfortunately I won't hold my breath, the ba#tards have all bases covered.
But we will keep up the good fight.
NO SURRENDER.

Match Officials​

This name keeps popping up for corruption..NICK WALSH

We have no chance of any backing or support from the other clubs, I just showed these stats to a Dundee Utd fan, and he simply shook his head and said we were paranoid.
Remember us v Dundee united when it was a stonewaller I'm pretty sure the linesman was John McCrossan, Sakala in the box right in front of the goal just ready to kick it in the back of the net and a Dundee United player yanks him back about 3 feet by grabbing his shirt and he can't connect with the ball, this was in clear view of the linesman, no penalty given, so they don't need VAR to cheat us.

A further update, since it started where it ended this season, referees making the headlines but not quite the correct decisions.

2 March 2024
Rangers 1 Motherwell 2

Casey should have been sent off for tackle vs Rangers​

INCIDENT: Rangers were unhappy there was no card for Dan Casey for a challenge on Ross McCausland which took him out of the game.

DERMOT SAYS: "I don't know why. I think it is a red card. The pace he goes in, not a nice tackle."
STEPHEN WARNOCK SAYS: "It's a poor tackle."
SUE SMITH SAYS: "It has to be a red card. It's late, aggressive..."

Who knows what Referee Alan Muir or Euan Anderson on VAR were thinking, but not only did we lose a player who at that point had been highly influential in our run of only 1 loss in nearly 30 matches, we should have been playing for over an hour against 10 men. To compound the incompetency of the officials Casey scored the winning goal.
3 March 2024 Hearts 2 Celtic 0, could’ve been quite a different outcome had Don got his way.

A Don Robertson masterclass. Tries to give celtic an early settler by giving them a gift of a penalty 10 minutes in. They missed. He fails to send off king fu Yang but VAR tell him to have another look. Fails to give Hearts a penalty. VAR tells him to have another look.

7 April 2024 Rangers 3 Celtic 3

If VAR wasn’t in operation we would have won the game, however it was VAR that saved us from defeat in the end.

Once again celtic were allowed to foul all game, they committed 23 fouls to our 10, none more so than Alistair Johnston, but remarkably only had 4 players booked and kept 11 men on the park.

The most contentious of decisions was how far back they trawled to find an infringement to once again rule out another goal of ours against them.

Gallagher said: "Well, they travel a long way. They (Celtic) have a lot of time to re-set. I know they don't get the ball back, but the referee goes to the screen and gives a foul. I don't think there's any doubt it's a foul, but it's whether the foul is in the immediate build-up. Is that foul in the attacking phase? VAR felt it was, sends John Beaton to the screen for the third time in the match. I don't think we'll argue it's a foul, but is it re-refereeing?"

Re refereeing that’s a phrase that is coming up more and more when we play them.

20 April 2024 Aberdeen 3 celtic 3 in Scottish Cup Semi Final

Once again the officials Don Robertson and Stevie Wonder(Greg Aitken) on VAR concocted a decision to deny Aberdeen a late penalty.

Interestingly Greg Aitken was on VAR the previous year when Collum was the ref when both failed to give Kilmarnock a penalty and chance of late equaliser in the League Cup semi at Hampden

Celtic 2 Rangers 1

Once again referee interpretation is applied to the use of VAR. in real time Lundstram’s tackle looked a yellow, but VAR freeze framing the point of contact was enough for Collum to change his mind, a bit like Robertson at Ibrox to rule our Roofe’s goal v celtic, for Beaton to rule out Dessers goal v celtic at Ibrox. One deemed wrong one highly controversial. But it is what it is so we thought. Beady eyed Collum couldn’t see a blatant handball at Parkhead when sitting watching multiple angles when Johnston clearly handled in his box and Walsh is strutting about looking for nothing, but he manages to “see” a penalty opportunity for celtic. VAR quite clearly says here have another look your heart is ruling your head. They gave him the opportunity to correct his error and he said I’m going out op with a bang.

Sky Ref watch, alludes he was given a chance to rectify his error.

DERMOT SAYS: "He thinks he clips his right foot, doesn't he? It doesn't leap out as the most blatant penalty but the VAR gives him the chance to have a look.

"I think it's right he was sent to the monitor as it gives him the chance to have a look and he can always stick by his original decision."

15 May 2024 Kilmarnock v celtic

KILMARNOCK manager Derek McInnes revealed that referee Don Robertson apologised to him at half-time in the cinch Premiership game at Rugby Park this evening for giving Celtic “a helping hand”.

From last year.

At least Del gets apologies

So to conclude I was hoping after last season’s blatant cheating VAR would put a stop to it, it hasn’t it’s probably made it worse but I’m all in favour of it but would much prefer we employ impartial foreign referees and contract VAR out to some other country that has no interest other than getting to the correct decision.

Back