Changes soon to be made to Ibrox facilities for the 1st team?

tell you what with our manager and his backroom ,it seems there is not one part of the whole operation of running our club that they have not looked at or thought of, this level of scrutiny and sheer professionalism will I'm sure reap great rewards for our club going forward,, lets cherish and enjoy what we have in our managers office,

They were in the Holiday Inn at Glasgow Airport before the game on Thursday before the game (I though was an odd choice of hotel tbh)

Just a thought but I reckon most hotels in Glasgow would be chocker coz of the European Championships.

Might be this was the only choice.

WATP

This is the Anfield dressing room, pretty sure something similar could be incorporated into the current dressing room whilst retaining the historical aspect of the current one. A nice blend of old & new

thumb_37708_default_news_size_5.jpeg

Can still keep a traditional feel but modernise aspects of it.

Those wooden benches don't look the most comfortable for a start and the pipes underneath look terrible. Get new wooden/wooden look panelling and a lick of paint.

I hope certain things can be improved around Ibrox but the dressing rooms can be left alone. They are iconic and steeped in History and tradition. The portrait of Her Majesty is all the motivation needed.

As another poster put it last week.
If Stevie G has not made a comment on it, whatever he says is my default.
The man is just class.

Was told within weeks of him joining that he wanted to totally change the dressing room.

Wanted to get rid of the benches in the dressing room and let the players have their own individuals seats and lockers. He specifically wanted it like Man City’s home changing room.

Revamp of Edmiston House? This could be converted to anything he wanted including perhaps a walk way into the Copland stand

I’d be very upset if we trashed our home dressing room, the history is seeping from the place and should be inspirational to the team.

I’m sure we could put the facilities in an adjacent area of the stand or renovate Edmiston House to accommodate, maybe 3ven buy the Ibrox Complex across the street.

Regardless of Gerrerd’s plans, there has to be a changing area and our current iconic room should not be touched.

The changing rooms, trophy room, blue room and manager’s office should be untouchable to any Rangers manager or board - these things need to be permanent, managers and boa rods are not.

We can't kick the kids out though.....

Sadly our standards slipped during the last 6-7 years. Things have moved on in the football world and our manager is bringing back the elite club standards.
Ever supporter should be enjoying this period, we certainly deserve it.

Hope we don’t change the dressing room too much, was in it in recent years for the play on the pitch day getting changed, using the showers etc .. never felt a feeling like it

I’d be very upset if we trashed our home dressing room, the history is seeping from the place and should be inspirational to the team.

I’m sure we could put the facilities in an adjacent area of the stand or renovate Edmiston House to accommodate, maybe 3ven buy the Ibrox Complex across the street.

Regardless of Gerrerd’s plans, there has to be a changing area and our current iconic room should not be touched.

The changing rooms, trophy room, blue room and manager’s office should be untouchable to any Rangers manager or board - these things need to be permanent, managers and boa rods are not.
This , all day long for me.
Our changing room is unique. All other teams have similar set ups now with individual cubicle type areas.
Our shower facilities are fine also. Feel like some folk just like to moan about something.

I would have no objection to the changing rooms being renovated. Last time I was in them they seemed completely inadequate for the club we want to be.

They can recreate the wood panel wall in the museum the club and fans deserve.

I have no idea what facilities we currently have but to have the players at the ground prior to matches I would imagine that we would need car parking, warm up rooms, medical rooms and canteen facilities

The proposed changes to the dressing room would allow that to be used earlier as well. they should incorporate better seating, tv areas etc

I just done a tour of the new Perth Stadium (Australia) and the facilities there are state of the art

The changing rooms have individual seating and lockers, tvs in them, medical rooms right next to them, cinema rooms adjoining where the teams can watch match footage prior to the games, parking underneath etc etc etc

Behind scenes in changing rooms etc from around 13min mark in the following video

Last edited:
The dressing room could be modernised. New seating retro fitted in a way that benches are left in place. I would be disappointed if there were drastic changes to the dressing room.

%^*& me who gives a %^*& if stevie G wants in modernised then that is the bottom line get it done.

Dressing room changes are a bit of a difficult one,Let's be honest if new players come or people never been to Ibrox they would think the dressing rooms were very poor and old and not modern in the slightest and probably compare them to lots of modern stadiums dressing rooms covered in plastic and mdf with nice lighting and a paint job and wonder why a club with the history and size of a club like Rangers haven't kept up with modern times.

Being a Rangers supporter we all know the reason why,It's part of our history,It's part of the very fabric of our main stand,It's original,It's iconic and something we all love and have known since we were all little kids.

When we rebuilt the stadium me and probably lots of others thought it wasn't the same Ibrox as before with the sweeping terraces now gone and again parts of the stadium which were iconic growing up had now gone forever,It was ultra modern and i didn't like it and i could have cried when they knocked it all down and modernised it,all my memory's of being there with my dad and my granda were now gone and now a very distant memory,our spaces on the terrace were now replaced with three plastic seats.

But the point being that you find it hard to adapt and sooner or later you accept your surroundings and realise that Ibrox is indeed a wonderful stadium but never forget how it used to be or the good times.

Changing the home dressing room wouldn't have the same affect as i don't use it,but it's still very iconic and i would hate to see it changed. For years i've always wondered why we haven't used the walls above the wooden panels and put up murials of some of the greatest players who have ever played at Ibrox both old and modern era and would be a magnificent site looking down on our players of today and those same players looking up at Ibrox greats.

If they did change it and made it more modern,then that's just something i suppose us older generation would just have to accept,but we would never forget and i'm sure we would all adapt.

I don't think the changing room will ever be changed. When you saw the gaffer walk into the dressing room you got the sense that he knew it's a room with a shit load of history and he's adding to that!

Seem to be in the minority, but whilst history is important, were a football club and everything should be done to make that football team the best it can be. If that means completely modernising the changing room so be it. It can b3 recreated in a museum or pictures can be taken to fix it in people’s memories. But it is time to move on and grow with the modern game.

Was told within weeks of him joining that he wanted to totally change the dressing room.

Wanted to get rid of the benches in the dressing room and let the players have their own individuals seats and lockers. He specifically wanted it like Man City’s home changing room.
Quite honestly I find that hard to believe.

We are ripping out the lower part of the stadium at the middle to east. The club are wanting the players to be cocooned when they arrive. Kitchen and relaxation area including warm up area.The gym and other offices are going to make way for it. Plans have been drafted.

They were in the Holiday Inn at Glasgow Airport before the game on Thursday before the game (I though was an odd choice of hotel tbh)

They used to use the menzies hotel in town, The new signings used to stay there aswell before they got a house in glasgow

Perhaps warm up facilities, briefing room, somewhere for pre-match grub. Using the full day to be a team and be together as a unit.

Hotel facilities? Maybe, I forget the name if the building we could renovate but isnt there a legal battle over that?

All the things in my first para... where do you put them? They’ll be areas of limits to tours etc but it does seem quite compact inside the main stand tbh.
Do they still have the warm up area under the main stand. IIRC as a young boy you could watch players kick a ball about on red blaze through a window at the rear of the enclosure

if like Anfield that will be the case, fantastic setup with kitchens, gyms, physio rooms, lounges only accessible to players and managers and no messing ! lockers with USB points and dirty gear left on the floor gets you fined ! Changing rooms at Ibrox classic but need an upgrade. Tour of the new stand was fantastic.
Hopefully they don’t change the dressing room too much. It has real history and character. Tell the players not to wear expensive bling on game days

Hopefully they don’t change the dressing room too much. It has real history and character. Tell the players not to wear expensive bling on game days
Personally I couldn’t care less if they painted it pink with purple polka dots

All of the facilities are purely support functions for the one thing that matters more than anything else...... a fit and healthy team that is winning on the park

A change in the dressing room is a difficult one, but what this does say is that the manager, if these are his ideas, is here very much for the long term. On that basis, the manager should get what he thinks is best.

Do they still have the warm up area under the main stand. IIRC as a young boy you could watch players kick a ball about on red blaze through a window at the rear of the enclosure
I dont know actually. Did a tour few years ago and wasnt shown it. Doesnt mean its not there, just not heard of it before. Lucky bugger to have watched them in that non-pressured environment. Bet they had a right laugh!

We added a third tier onto our maginifecent grade A listed facade, so modern and new can be done well at Rangers. With the right designer and using quality leather/wood our dressing room could be modernised tastefully.

I’m all for our traditions and history however I feel SG must be backed in that whatever he feels will help him, his staff and his players then he should get it.

I trust our board to ensure that any changes that SG requires are done as sympathetically to those traditions as possible.

I also remember watching the players through the window at the back of the enclosure. The “warm up area” I knew as the “indoor running track” (not sure why but I think maybe that’s how my dad referred to it). It ran the whole length of the main stand/enclosure and when the players came from the dressing room they crossed it before reaching the tunnel and emerging onto the pitch. I don’t think it exists anymore, I’m not 100% sure but think that whole area was remodelled at the time the enclosure was converted from standing to seating. If you see TV pictures of the players lined up in a wooden panelled area just before they emerge from the tunnel I think that may have been where the “indoor running track” was.

The thought of this happening to our dressing room makes me want to cry.

I’ve always thought the club should make the training ground the hub for prematch build up to home games and games that are near Glasgow, instead of paying for a hotel. Not been in the training ground but surely they could find or build room for players to sleep etc, would enable early morning practice or prematch briefings.

Back