Chasing a victory this time

They didn’t look that great upfront last week but that doesn’t mean they do not have a goal in them. We keep them from scoring we go through as I can see Rangers scoring two.

Last edited:
I'm most uneasy in that I think we need to score early to take the pressure off but even that doesn't make a huge difference to them as they know they only need one. It's a hard one in that situation as game goes on, press for the 2nd to seal it but risk conceding or defend the 1-0?

0-0 suits them too, that would be one nervy half hour of ET which I'm not sure my heart can take.

Looking forward to that Legia team having to attack.

For all the stuff spouted about their defence, their goals scored isn’t far off the low number of goals conceded. If we manage to go 2-0 up at some point, I expect to see the proverbial fish out of water.

I like the fact that we have to win - going into a game knowing a draw is enough muddies the water for me.

Yeah this for me too mate. I feel pretty confident about Thursday if I’m honest.

I really do want rangers to get through. But. In my opinion. The league comes first. If we didn't get through. Then we would just concentrate on winning the league. That's just my opinion though. I'm sure there will be people on here that disagree.

We need a couple of goals.

1-0 with five minutes to go, gets everyone on edge.

But as we saw last week, they will stop at nothing to thwart us playing.

Last week they thwarted a few promising moments for us with pull-backs and even a rugby tackle on one occasion. They took 4 yellow cards in order to cope with our better passages of play (not great for a home side).

It wouldn't at all surprise me if they didn't finish the game with eleven on the park.

We look a far superior team in open play, however they definitely carry a danger at set pieces with their height.

Important not to give away cheap free kicks, but I expect us to be too strong for them.

We look a far superior team in open play, however they definitely carry a danger at set pieces with their height.

Important not to give away cheap free kicks, but I expect us to be too strong for them.
They had a couple of good chances with headers in the first leg,the wee guy who took all their set pieces,think he was Georgian,puts in a good ball.
They will be a threat.

When I go under general anaesthetic tomorrow to get my balls removed, I wonder if they’ll let me stay under until 19:45 on Thursday.

We will beat Legia and go into Sunday flying and attack the filth from the off, win the game and send them onto simmer for a 2 week stew.

Agree MU but we do give away a lot of stupid free kicks and its annoying, we go steaming into the back of players time a bit too often for me and you can see the free kick coming moments before

Win the game and we’re through. It’s a great position to be in. If we can’t beat Legia in a one off game to get to the Europa group stages, then we don’t deserve to be there anyway. It really is that simple.

I really do want rangers to get through. But. In my opinion. The league comes first. If we didn't get through. Then we would just concentrate on winning the league. That's just my opinion though. I'm sure there will be people on here that disagree.

So u don't want the 10 million that buys better players trip s abroad to watch the Rangers and helps to attract better players and im sure S Gerrard wants European football

Im actually looking forward to it but come Thursday will be shitting it no doubt.

Lets be honest knowing after the draw for round three that we wouldnt be seeded if we beat the danes then we would have bit accepted this position.

Give us an early goal though Rangers!!

So u don't want the 10 million that buys better players trip s abroad to watch the Rangers and helps to attract better players and im sure S Gerrard wants European football
Of course I do. But the league comes first. Stopping the mentally challengeds 9 in a row should be important to the players. And winning some silverware aswell

There’s one way we might not get through. By being too cautious and patient. We should press them high and go all out to get a goal from the kick off. And if we get a goal, we go all out guns blazing for another. And when we get a second, we do the same for a third and a fourth. No point in allowing them to score against the run of play and then having only say half the game to score two. All we have to do is beat them and we’ll do that by having scored more than them. The chances are whether we defend or attack, they’ll get a chance and will likely score ( we’ve been doing that regularly in recent games and getting away with it...so far ). So long as we’re trying to full on attack and win the game we should go through. If we try and see out a one or even two goal lead we’ll be riding for a fall.

For the 1st time since SG was appointed, we are not ahead after the 1st leg of a qualifying tie. I expect the tension will be more noticeable although I think we have the quality to go through.
We don’t need to do any chasing.
We’re not behind and have ninety, even a hundred and twenty minutes, to score one goal.

I don't think we're creative enough to break them down.

I think if it's still 0-0 at HT then the crowd will get edgy.

I predict that we'll go through on penalties.
The crowd will be on edge from the start.
(They’ve been on edge since the final whistle in Warsaw, if not before.)
I guess you’re a bit on edge just now?

I think they will score but I also think we will go through with a goal to spare.

They looked decent in their best moments going forward but I feel defensively they wont keep us out.

Taking the lead as early as possible is vital for us as it means they have to come out and this is what we excel against.

Longer it stays scoreless the more they grow in confidence and the more I shout incoherent nonsense at the TV.
Nope.
As it stands, we need one goal.
That may change but, right now, we keep it tight at the back, and we play our game.

People are talking about Legia as if they are Barca, I cannot fathom it.

They are wholly unremarkable.

There is no ambiguity, we must win. We are not trying to defend a 1-0 lead and end up sitting too deep and letting teams come at us as we have done in the past. It is clear cut. We need to score more than them. They will come at us more and as such leave gaps behind that we can exploit. This type of game suits us. In saying that, all areas of the team must be at their best.

Fast football from the first whistle, keep them on the back foot the whole game. I believe this Team has that level of fitness and endurance to make that happen.

The crowd will be on edge from the start.
(They’ve been on edge since the final whistle in Warsaw, if not before.)
I guess you’re a bit on edge just now?

Possibly PSTD.

Not just from 2012 onwards but right back from the first European tie that I can remember.

Dukla Prague 3- 0 Rangers.

7 wins and 3 draws in our last 10 home European games ,2 of the draws were 0-0 the other 1-1 when Barisic scored late on .
Confident will get the job done. Ibrox isn't easy for visiting teams

I think they will score but I also think we will go through with a goal to spare.

They looked decent in their best moments going forward but I feel defensively they wont keep us out.

Taking the lead as early as possible is vital for us as it means they have to come out and this is what we excel against.

Longer it stays scoreless the more they grow in confidence and the more I shout incoherent nonsense at the TV.
I've every confidence we wont concede.However if we are 1-0 up with 10 minutes to go I'll be shiting myself...please be 2 or 3 up!

Back