Claw back 8 points and still finish 8 points behind them

Odds on title favourites to losing it by 8 points within 5 weeks. Quite a feat, even for this group of tragic losers.

One of Clements objectives when he came in was to at least get closer to the filth in the league. We’ve finished even further behind them than we were when he started.

He has to absolutely empty every one of the losers within that squad including our rightback or he’ll be looking for a new job next season.

7pts behind now 8pts. Shocking. Need far better but I don't think we will be able to afford the changes we need.

I’d be interested to know how many goals we have conceded since the winter break. The absolute number 1 issue to be fixed there is that defence. Not one of the five centre halves is close to good enough. Left back has been a problem with Yilmaz being consistently injured - Barisic has been done for a long time. And I think most of us are pretty much done with Tav at this point in time.

Last edited:
Yet Clement will tell you they clawed it back so have made progress.

I really hope most of what he comes out with to the media is a front, and he ruthlessly goes through the shower in the summer.

It’s been a horrendous collapse. From a position of strength, to shitty knickers and multiple points thrown away in a short span of time.

I think that’s 12 points from the last 24 available. Absolutely pathetic, and I get that the manager can’t be blameless, but the focus has to stay on these players, because there just isn’t a manger out there on our budget that would turn them into winners.

I’d be interested to know how many goals we have conceded since the winter break. The absolute number 1 issue to be fixed there is that defence. Not one of the five centre halves is close to good enough. Left back has been a problem with Yilmaz being consistently injured - Barisic has been done fir a long time. And I think most of us are pretty much done with Tav at this point in time.

Pre-winter break = 11 goals in 20 games
Post-winter break = 21 goals in 18 games

Even in the post winter break spell we conceded 15 of those goals in the last 8 league games.

Just this shower doing what they do best and evacuating their bowels during a run in.

A better defence and a striker that can score and we are instantly better.

Our form of late wont have gone unnoticed and I think Clement will be given permission to get rid of the majority of this squad, its the only way we can move forward.

2 defeats to Celtic in his tenure, swing of 12 points in their favour.
We won’t win the league until we start taking more points from them than they do us.
They have dropped more to the rest than we have.
It has won them 3 in a row. Simple maths.

I think Clement has been found out. He had a good start however he can't beat Celtic and has now dropped points to Motherwell, Ross County, Dundee, Celtic and Hearts when closing in on a title.
Clement maybe has some question marks but there is enough there to suggest he deserves next season.

Someone needs to gut the squad and it’s 2nd best mentality - might as well be him. Not sure what plan B is either.

I think Clement has been found out. He had a good start however he can't beat Celtic and has now dropped points to Motherwell, Ross County, Dundee, Celtic and Hearts when closing in on a title.
10pt turnaround in just over a month. (my post on this was chopped for some reason ).

We were only 7 behind when clement arrived. The gaps got bigger since clement arrived. Its not his fault but it’s certainly not a good luck to be 7 behind, 2 ahead and finish 8 behind
I’m sorry but the manager has to shoulder some blame too

4 wins out of 10 premiership games since March.

Create very little, set pieces are a joke and defensively wide open.

Injuries haven’t helped admittedly but he still had enough to beat County and Dundee.

Lose next week and he’s toast. A manager who can’t beat Celtic isn’t going to last long in this city.

Someone needs to gut the squad and it’s 2nd best mentality - might as well be him. Not sure what plan B is either.
Clement isn't really coming across like a winner with all his soundbites since the pressure started ramping up like "we won the moral victory", "We've more points since I came in", and "Tomorrows game (against Celtic) is NOT a must-win".

The defence is a massive concern. Yes, we’re all annoyed at Dessers etc. but we are leaking goals at an alarming rate, and that’s with Butland stopping half of the clear chances we give other teams.

Great Rangers teams are built on solid defensive foundations, maybe above all else. We’re a shambles.

Clement isn't really coming across like a winner with all his soundbites since the pressure started ramping up like "we won the moral victory", "We've more points since I came in", and "Tomorrows game (against Celtic) is NOT a must-win".
No idea what went wrong as he started very well.

Yeah I’m not seeing it personally. But these players have thrown managers under the bus countless times before.

Very subtle. He’s won multiple league titles with different outfits. And hey at least he had us in contention in May, some managers needed Covid just to get past January without being being miles behind. Bet that league cup genuinely bothered you too, to have equaled your heroes trophy haul in a matter of weeks. I’m only talking rangers trophy haul, since his general CV in management wipes the floor with our most recent managers.

Last edited:
Back