Claw back 8 points and still finish 8 points behind them

Very subtle. He’s won multiple league titles with different outfits. And hey at least he had us in contention in May, some managers needed Covid just to get past January without being being miles behind. Bet that league cup genuinely bothered you too, to have equaled your heroes trophy in a matter of weeks. I’m only talking rangers trophy haul, since his general CV in management wipes the floor with our most recent managers.
No it didn't bother me in the slightest. What does bother me is our inability to beat Celtic and the more we can't beat Celtic the manager will come under increasing pressure. I take that it bothered you when we beat Celtic regularly because you disliked the manager.

Beale’s record wouldn’t have been much different. Beat the jobbers, lose to Celtic.

Beale lost to Kilmarnock, Celtic and Aberdeen. Won the rest (I think?).

Clement has lost to Celtic x 2, Motherwell, Ross County. Drawn with Celtic, Aberdeen, Dundee and Hearts.

I’m sorry but the manager has to shoulder some blame too

4 wins out of 10 premiership games since March.

Create very little, set pieces are a joke and defensively wide open.

Injuries haven’t helped admittedly but he still had enough to beat County and Dundee.

Lose next week and he’s toast. A manager who can’t beat Celtic isn’t going to last long in this city.
He’s definitely got some questions to answer, but he’s nowhere near the top of the list for me.

I agree though, he’s under massive pressure if he doesn’t win next Saturday, especially with the first one next season being at their place.

No it didn't bother me in the slightest. What does bother me is our inability to beat Celtic and the more we can't beat Celtic the manager will come under increasing pressure. I take that it bothered you when we beat Celtic regularly because you disliked the manager.
You are an oddity though. Clement hasn’t even got his squad together yet and you’re gunning for him. We could have easily won the title without ever beating them this season had we taken care of County and Dundee. To think you actually had the cheek to call some of our fans happy clappers and state that they weren’t fussed about Celtic overtaking our trophy haul, at the same time you’re championing the return of a manger who was on the wrong end of 2 Celtic trebles, and delivered an incredible one piece of silverware, and who has since tanked a PL job and being forced into managerial obscurity in the Middle East. A glaring hypocrite, and clearly much more of a Liverpool/Gerrard man than you’ll ever be a Rangers man.

He’s definitely got some questions to answer, but he’s nowhere near the top of the list for me.

I agree though, he’s under massive pressure if he doesn’t win next Saturday, especially with the first one next season being at their place.
The style isn’t there
The defensive shape isn’t there
Chance creating isn’t great either.

His final season at Monaco seen a similar form collapse.

I’ve already got the same feeling I had with Gio, Beale and Caixinha.

Wish I was wrong but the eye test has me already fearing next season.

He better have something different up his sleeve in terms of tactics and style of play or he will be out a job by Christmas as what ever the fk that is , isn't working.
He hasn't changed anything to fix it in the last two months. Doubt he will do it by next week.

The guys toast. Its just a matter of how many months we drag it along for.

You are an oddity though. We could have easily won the title without ever beating them this season had we taken care of County and Dundee. To think you actually had the cheek to call some of our fans happy clappers and state that they weren’t fussed about Celtic overtaking our trophy haul, at the same time you’re championing the return of a manger who was on the wrong end of 2 Celtic trebles, and delivered an incredible one piece of silverware. A glaring hypocrite, and clearly much more of a Liverpool/Gerrard man than you’ll ever be a Rangers man.
I'll call anyone a happy clapper that thinks being unable to beat Celtic acceptable. Gerrard is the only manager who could beat Celtic regularly since Walter and one of the main reasons they won two trebles under his leadership is due to how far behind we were at that time it's a minor miracle he manged us to become champions.

Clement has a good record as a manager and started well however something has went badly wrong and the more we can't beat Celtic the more he'll come under pressure. The run in for this season has been shambolic.

All we had to do was beat Motherwell and Celtic at home and Ross County and Dundee away. I don't blame Clement but he's not had a positive 1st season.

Understanding Beale would have been about 30 points behind, but if nothing else, hopefully allows Clement never to trot that line out again.

It was painful - it was Beale type stuff. No one gives a crap about points won in a period unless it ends up with a title.

Same old scenario, same old players that cause it.

That’s the simple reality. Sooner we all realise it the better and the sooner we rid the club of the utter dross that’s around the better too.

Time for change.

Not many managers would get off as lightly as Clement has for what is the worst collapse I can remember in my lifetime.

If he goes into the final with the same setup as the last 3 old firm games we will lose.

7pts behind now 8pts. Shocking. Need far better but I don't think we will be able to afford the changes we need.
If it meant getting rid of the losers I'd take finishing 20 points behind next season.

We're at a point where drastic action is required for the long term future of the football team.

We were only 7 behind when clement arrived. The gaps got bigger since clement arrived. Its not his fault but it’s certainly not a good luck to be 7 behind, 2 ahead and finish 8 behind
It's the best look that Clement could have had at this group when they get to this stage of the season. If he was at all undecided about any of the squad then the last couple of months should have clarified a few things in his head when reshaping the squad for next season.

A blessing in disguise I'd say.

I'll call anyone a happy clapper that thinks being unable to beat Celtic acceptable. Gerrard is the only manager who could beat Celtic regularly since Walter and one of the main reasons they won two trebles under his leadership is due to how far behind we were at that time it's a minor miracle he manged us to become champions.

Clement has a good record as a manager and started well however something has went badly wrong and the more we can't beat Celtic the more he'll come under pressure. The run in for this season has been shambolic.
Well I’ll take the opinions of Rangers men over the options of Liverpool fans if that’s alright. And I’m sorry but Gerrard’s two collapses which lead to a diddy like Lennon raking in the silverware were completely unacceptable. Especially when you consider his two key players were already in place when he arrived. And I know you’re not interested in logic or common sense, but put Clement up against Lennon instead of a Premier League manager and I bet it would a good bit easier for him, at least let him get his own team in place and that would probably be a help too. And nah, you can’t call anyone a happy clapper when you spent years happy clapping Celtic trebles and 1 solitary bit of silverware. Like I said before, a bigger hypocrite I’ve not seen.

2 points ahead to 8 points behind in the space of 8 games.

Clement has a lot to answer for and I expect we will be looking for a new manager in 4 or 5 months. No shape at all to our team and teams play through our midfield with ease.
What would a new manager do?

I really hope I'll be proved wrong but it's true about beating Celtic. Rangers managers don't last long if they can't beat them. But I still have hope we will get the summer signings right.

If Celtic embarrass us in the cup final I don't think he'll get the summer. The cup final is now huge for him but looking at the players or our style of play can anyone truly say they are confident for next week.
Imagine believing if we don't win next week Clement will get sacked ....

The effort of pulling it all back and then getting ahead took a huge toll on the squad and in the end it cost us.

The injuries to Sima, Cortes and Yilmaz effectively cost us the title. Yilmaz seemed to feel like the point where the wheels came off.

We were starting to us inverted fullbacks and Yilmaz running through. His injury left us so predictable.

All we can do is hope that we are not in the same situation this time next season.
Everything is up in the air now, is the manager good enough, we don't really know. What type of player is coming in, we don't know. Who leaves, we don't know.
There is %^*& all we as supporters can do about it.

It's insane that these same players who continue to let us down every single season aren't the ones taking most of the blame by some posters on here.

Changing manager non stop isn't going to do a thing for us rather than continue to set us back. Clement has won titles and trophies before coming to us, he isn't the problem. Our terrible squad and their attitude is.

Look at him on sidelines at any match, he's constantly screaming at them what to do, where to be and they just seem to be in their own wee bubble with very little effort. They don't care, they aren't good enough and they do not have the mentality to play for our club.

Our manager will come good next season.

What would a new manager do?
Set the team up well so that Dundee, Ross County, Motherwell and Hearts don't play through our midfield at ease.

We obviously need a clear out and much better recruitment in the summer but we have better players than those teams and their managers completely outmanaged Clement.

For all the bluster, this is the furthest behind we have finished since we won 55.
Clement has a lot to do this summer, but needs help. Recruitment better be spot on.

Is it losing umpteen first team starters to injury that's went wrong or is it the fact he's taken over a team of perpetual bottlers?

Set the team up well so that Dundee, Ross County, Motherwell and Hearts don't play through our midfield at ease.

We obviously need a clear out and much better recruitment in the summer but we have better players than those teams and their managers completely outmanaged Clement.
Oh right. You've sounded out a few proven available options then?

Tbf if we were in a title race then the kids wouldn't have been wheeled out today, but there's no getting away from the fact that if we had won the home old firm then the game in hand we were 5 points clear on the home straight. To finish 8 points behind from there is an absolute disgrace.

Is it losing umpteen first team starters to injury that's went wrong or is it the fact he's taken over a team of perpetual bottlers?
Injuries clearly don't help however surely we still fielded a team capable of beating Motherwell, Ross County and Dundee.

We lost it by 6 points with one match to go. Anything else is irrelevant.

Not like if you lose a title by 10 points with 3 games to go and end up only a point behind you'd be patting yourself on the back for only being a point behind if the winners lose their last 3.

If Celtic embarrass us in the cup final I don't think he'll get the summer. The cup final is now huge for him but looking at the players or our style of play can anyone truly say they are confident for next week.
The Manager has to keep these losers onside until after next week or else they might down tools even further and we could get a real pasting.

If we get a doing they will not give two fucks as half of them are already mentally checked out.

Next week I predict Clement will revert to the “Safe” option and start Lundstram, not that’s proven to be that safe recently.

Since the Motherwell game our form has been horrendous.

The Manager has to keep these losers onside until after next week or else they might down tools even further and we could get a real pasting.

If we get a doing they will not give two fucks as half of them are already mentally checked out.

Next week I predict Clement will revert to the “Safe” option and start Lundstram, not that’s proven to be that safe recently.

Since the Motherwell game our form has been horrendous.

And if he doesn't pick Lundstraml; a lot of the Bears that are telling him not to pick him, will moan at Clement for not picking him.

Same Bears that think having between 40~60% of our preferred outfield available for selection is of no consequence

I honestly cant make my mind up about our Manager,he looks the part,talks a good game and started off well.
Some of his decisions leave a lot to be desired.He showed he was a "hard"Manager when he took off Cantwell for not doing as he was told.Everybody loved that, this man takes no shit.
Then his decision to leave nobody back in the home Benfica game caused me some concern.The home defeat by Motherwell maybe just a blip,then defeat to Ross County and draw with Dundee had me really concerned.
The defeat against the tramps was even worse,they have a shaky defence and we sit off them and let them have the run of the pitch.We then do our usual against them,we batter in for 20 minutes when its too late.
Todays result showed naievity in the extreme,3-1up with 10 minutes to go,see the game out and go in to next weeks final with some confidence,but no yet again we manage to throw the game away.
Yes we can blame the players but the Manager sets the tactics.
We can only hope that when he gets his own players it will make a difference.

Yet Clement will tell you they clawed it back so have made progress.

I really hope most of what he comes out with to the media is a front, and he ruthlessly goes through the shower in the summer.
Dessers said the dressing room was quiet after the last OF defeat.

So if we lose the Cup Final next week you expect Clement to get sacked. Jesus wept

All we had to do was beat Motherwell and Celtic at home and Ross County and Dundee away. I don't blame Clement but he's not had a positive 1st season.
He’s inherited a team of absolute losers. Atleast give the man a chance at a summer clear out and rebuild then he can be properly judged.

Back