Claw back 8 points and still finish 8 points behind them

He got as much as he could out of some players and then any sort of form went completely out the window. Not helped by a horrific injury list either.

I’ve said this a few times but expecting him to get a tune out of the squad he was left with by Beales incompetent negligence was a miracle but the structural problems caused by Beale have done him in eventually.

Total mismanagement of players contracts that we should have to endure players like lundstrum and barasic dead behind the eyes going through the motions. Clearly we learned nothing from the Kamara episode.

A total abdication and dereliction of care for the team and the fans.

I couldn’t be more angry with the situation. Who is to blame for this? Can’t be the manager.

What alot of P!sh. We were absolutely nowhere when he came in. Everyone thought the league was gone, we would win nothing and be pumped out of Europe. He took the league to the penultimate game, has already won a trophy, won our europa group and in final of another cup.
There has been a couple of concerning things that Clement has done but whatever happens on Saturday he will get(and deserves) the chance to gut the lovers from our club.
If he fails to rid us of our losership team over the next window then he will be gone next season and it will then be his fault.

Hopefully he's learned what's required player wise to win in this country and the board support him over summer.

Tbf if we were in a title race then the kids wouldn't have been wheeled out today, but there's no getting away from the fact that if we had won the home old firm then the game in hand we were 5 points clear on the home straight. To finish 8 points behind from there is an absolute disgrace.
I was happy at FT that day with the late equaliser, but when I woke up the next day I was on a downer as I had a horrible feeling we had blown the chance to effectively have one hand on the title. I knew it would come back to haunt us.

These players have stopped playing for Clement already.

There's absolutely no option, other than an almost total clear out for next season.
Said the same on a thread last night. They’ve done the same to gio and Beale, get an initial reaction when a new manager comes in only for it to sink back to their old ways when the going gets tough. If clement hasn’t realised since Dingwall and dens that he needs to absolutely gut this team of the serial losers then he’s only got himself to blame if he gets binned in the first quarter of next season.

Tbf if we were in a title race then the kids wouldn't have been wheeled out today, but there's no getting away from the fact that if we had won the home old firm then the game in hand we were 5 points clear on the home straight. To finish 8 points behind from there is an absolute disgrace.

If PC wasnt just in the door we’d be calling hor his head, sacking offence right there.

There was no pressure on us to bridge that points gap as the league was just about gone.

Somehow we manged to do it but once we hit the top and looked like kicking on we got vertigo and fell apart.

We were only 7 behind when clement arrived. The gaps got bigger since clement arrived. Its not his fault but it’s certainly not a good luck to be 7 behind, 2 ahead and finish 8 behind
8 behind is misleading - Today’s game was utterly meaningless, and I can’t imagine any of the players, rightly or wrongly, were going to risk an injury just before the cup final. I imagine the gaffer probably underlined that too. Given the injuries we have, we need to manage games.

That said, 6 behind really isn’t a whole lot better despite what I said above and underlines the need we have for real quality.

Today’s game was a throwaway match - Nothing to gain and a potential injury nightmare. We seem to have got through it so it’s now a case of letting the gaffer sort out tactics, team shape and personnel for the game.

My worry is the constant references to “look back 6 months ago”. The reality is nothing has really changed. A point further behind, no obvious style of play, brutal at times to watch.

Yes we won the LC but the manager only had to beat a shite hearts team and squeezed past the sheep in the final. Didn’t have to beat the Manks.

And my worry is that we haven’t looked close to beating them once. The score lines suggest close games but we have barely troubled them.

If PC is to turn it around he needs to do something that not many rangers managers with a poor start have been able to do in the past.

I think it would be negligence if we weren’t at least assessing options.

Football is won on the park and not with charismatic interviews and nice sound bites in press conferences….
This and talking about the fact we had picked up more points than them since he came in. I’ve been thinking for the last 3-4 weeks that this is going to come back and bit him on the arse and it has done. He’s made a fool of himself by constantly banging on about that. It means nothing unless he won the league in my opinion.

We can look at the pros and cons of PC,Gio and Beale but this is on the players.

Time and time again they bottle the challenges in front of them.

This team needs gutted and if Rangers and PC don't then they only have themselves to blame for next seasons failures.

I'll call anyone a happy clapper that thinks being unable to beat Celtic acceptable. Gerrard is the only manager who could beat Celtic regularly since Walter and one of the main reasons they won two trebles under his leadership is due to how far behind we were at that time it's a minor miracle he manged us to become champions.

Clement has a good record as a manager and started well however something has went badly wrong and the more we can't beat Celtic the more he'll come under pressure. The run in for this season has been shambolic.
Exactly hit the nail on the head, amazing how some fans forget just what a cluster feck Rangers were on and off the pitch, when Stevie G took over, he immediately stopped the humiliation we got a regular basis by the absolute tankings Celtic were giving us at Ibrox, Hampden and their midden, he also gave us credibility in Europe. We should be forever grateful to Stevie G for what he achieved at Rangers. He's the best thing that's happened to us since 2012.

The fact Rodgers laughed at us with his "i've been here five seasons and each one apparently Rangers have been coming" and we didn't ram it down his throat shows the mentality of the entire squad. Unprofessional, unmotivated, complacent, losers.

This is a nonsense stat

If Celtic don't score a late goal and we don't concede that 95th minute equaliser, the gap is only 4 points. And suddenly we're talking about how well Clement has done to close it.

But this stat suits a certain narrative.

We had King and Fraser in defence, Fraser made his debut midweek. Got to keep that in mind. Balogun and Yilmaz play and it’s a different game

I think Clement has been found out. He had a good start however he can't beat Celtic and has now dropped points to Motherwell, Ross County, Dundee, Celtic and Hearts when closing in on a title.

You're right, let's get rid of him and start again shall we?

Beale’s record wouldn’t have been much different. Beat the jobbers, lose to Celtic.

The thing that people overlook (deliberately out of bravado, or by being simply delusional) is that this is exactly what you'd expect, regardless of who the manager is, because they're better than us

No one was complaining when we were a game away from going top of the league, sadly this team ran out of steam towards the end and the lack of quality showed. While we can question subs but how slack 5 yard passes or players inability to track back

Clement inherited the shitshow to end all shitshows. A convoluted system, full of players not conditioned for a 60 game season and a squad lacking any sort of belief. Players also bought for a style of play completely unsuited to the demands.

Keep seeing the - "Aye but Beale's win pershentage wiz higher than Clements but" posts which is completely blind to the trajectory we were on with Beale. We were looking at a 20+ points differential if he'd stayed in charge.

Beale also doesn't win the League Cup, doesn't get the result in Seville against Betis and doesn't muster the away performance against Benfica IMO.

That's not to say Clement has been perfect but when he's constantly on the edge of his technical area for the past 6 weeks, screaming at players to push-up and narrow the space you have to conclude that he has players who can't do it, either through fitness or ability. And if people wish to make the leap that they're not listening, then through those 3 variables (fitness, ability, attitude) he has to be allowed to change the culture and personnel. Those who say Beale had a better win percentage are intellectually lazy and ignorant.

Motherwell, Dundee and RossCo. Absolutely disgraceful results in a run in to a title. Then add on losing a injury time goal to the vermin. We gifted them the title. Handed it to a very average scum team, that’s what makes it so sickening. Clement can only work with what he had, and he was left in the end with certain players who looked like rabbits caught in a headlight and others with limited skill.

The collapse has been incredible

Hopefully our manager brings in winners
You had them needing snookers only to pot the cue ball off a simple red.

Very disappointing to see how the last couple of months unfolded, I can only begin to imagine the frustration felt by each and every one of you.

Change very much required so let’s see what big Clement can do.

No, but that's not what you said, nor what I was replying to; you said he had been found out.
Managers appear to have sussed our tactics under Clement that's why we've dropped so many points in the run in. He keeps playing the same tactics against Celtic where we sit off them and get overrun in the midfield.

I'd be the same about any manager that we have that beats Celtic regularly
No you wouldn’t. I proved yesterday that you simply move the goalposts depending on who the manager is. Like I said, you’ve got the cheek to call actual Rangers fans (not Liverpool or Gerrard fans) happy clappers and accuse of not being bothered about Celtic overtaking the trophy haul, at the same time advocating for bringing back Mr 1 in 9, and you’d do this while sacking a manger with a far better pedigree and CV before he’s even got his own team together. No surprise you also backed SG over the actual Rangers men who saved the club with their own money, having the cheek to blame them for not being able to pull money out of thin air post covid. You’re a Liverpool fan and Gerrard groupie first and foremost bud, nothing more nothing less.

Even if someone highlights your hypocrisies. You just gloss over them and repeat the same lines again and again like a bot - “but they didn’t back him with the money we didn’t have”. Yawn.

No you wouldn’t. I proved yesterday that you simply move the goalposts depending on who the manager is. Like I said, you’ve got the cheek to call actual Rangers fans (not Liverpool or Gerrard fans) happy clappers and accuse of not being bothered about Celtic overtaking the trophy, at the same time advocating for bringing back Mr 1 in 9, and you’d do this while sacking a manger with a far better pedigree and CV before he’s even got his own team together. No surprise you also backed SG over the actual Rangers men who saved the club with their own money, having the cheek to blame them for not being able to pull money out of thin air post covid. You’re a Liverpool fan and Gerrard groupie first and foremost bud, nothing more nothing less.
Do you not agree our record against Celtic is shocking since we were champions?

Do you not agree our record against Celtic is shocking since we were champions?
And there it is, just gloss over it and repeat the same tripe again. Do you not agree 1 in 9 is garbage? Do not agree your man has done crap in management in his subsequent two jobs? Do you not agree it’s far easier to go up against an imploding mediocre manager like Neil Lennon than Rodgers or Postecoglu? Do you not agree banging on about trophy hauls and wanting the return of a man who got 1 in 9 attempts shows real hypocrisy? Do you not agree a Liverpool fan and Gerrard obsessive has zero objectivity regarding matters at Rangers?

And there it is, just gloss over it and repeat the same tripe again. Do you not agree 1 in 9 is garbage? Do not agree your man has done crap in management in his subsequent two jobs? Do you not agree it’s far easier to go up against an imploding mediocre manager like Neil Lennon than Rodgers or Postecoglu? Do you not agree a Liverpool fan and Gerrard obsessive has zero objectivity regarding matters at Rangers?
You seem a tad angry about a Rangers fan that enjoyed beating Celtic regularly. I'd also add that Gerrard beat a Rodgers and Ange Celtic teams. If beating Celtic upsets you that much maybe it's you that's not actually a Rangers fan.

He got as much as he could out of some players and then any sort of form went completely out the window. Not helped by a horrific injury list either.

I’ve said this a few times but expecting him to get a tune out of the squad he was left with by Beales incompetent negligence was a miracle but the structural problems caused by Beale have done him in eventually.
This all day. If Beale was still around I don’t think we are winning the league cup either.
We’ve had terrible luck with injuries in the last few seasons too.
With no injuries we probably win the EL too.

You seem a tad angry about a Rangers fan that enjoyed beating Celtic regularly. I'd also add that Gerrard beat a Rodgers and Ange Celtic teams. If beating Celtic upsets you that much maybe it's you that's not actually a Rangers fan.
You’re not an actual born and bred Rangers fan though are you. By the way, truthfully I don’t care if Rangers win trophies without beating Celtic a lot. I just care about winning the trophies, you clearly don’t though, because you’re gunning for Clement who has won far more than Gerrard. So yeah, you carry on championing the return of a manager who’s sat doing crap in the camel league, who delivered 1 in 9 and oversaw 2 Celtic trebles, I’ll stick to persevering with the guy with the better CV who hasn’t even got his own team yet.

Also, you know you’d love Celtic to win that final, purely so you can come on here regurgitating all that same nonsense. You can deny it, but you know it’s true. Somewhat ironically, Gerrard had two free hits at a league and Scottish cup with Celtic already being out, and still couldn’t deliver.

You’re not an actual born and bred Rangers fan though are you. By the way, truthfully I don’t care if Rangers win trophies without beating Celtic a lot. I just care about winning the trophies, you clearly don’t though, because you’re gunning for Clement who has won far more than Gerrard. So yeah, you carry on championing the return of a manager who’s sat doing crap in the camel league, who delivered 1 in 9 and oversaw 2 Celtic trebles, I’ll stick to persevering with the guy with the better CV who hasn’t even got his own team yet.

Also, you know you’d love Celtic to win that final, purely so you can come on here regurgitating all that same nonsense. You can deny it, but you know it’s true. Somewhat ironically, Gerrard had two free hits at a league and Scottish cup with Celtic already being out, and still couldn’t deliver.
I remember at the time when we failed to win the two cups Celtic fans insisted Callum Davidson was better as he won 2 cups with St Johnstone is that what you're alluding to, it was also Celtic fans that started the 1 in 9 patter. Regarding the cup final I'd love us to win it however if Clement fails to beat them the pressure will grow and I can assure you most fans will be of the same opinion a Rangers manager that can't beat Celtic won't last long.

I remember at the time when we failed to win the two cups Celtic fans insisted Callum Davidson was better as he won 2 cups with St Johnstone is that what you're alluding to, it was also Celtic fans that started the 1 in 9 patter. Regarding the cup final I'd love us to win it however if Clement fails to beat them the pressure will grow and I can assure you most fans will be of the same opinion a Rangers manager that can't beat Celtic won't last long.
You don’t know what most fans will be thinking, you’re a Gerrard fan, not a Rangers fan. Most sane Rangers fans will recognise that Clement is on a hiding to nothing with this group of players. You just carry on ignoring everything I’m asking you, if you gloss over it all then you’ll win the argument. By the way, 1 in 9 isn’t “patter”, it’s 100% absolute fact. 1 solitary trophy in 9 isn’t nearly good enough at Rangers, that is also fact. Clement hasn’t even got his own team together yet and has a superior CV to Gerrard, there’s another fact.

Have fun sitting there keeping your fingers crossed for a Celtic win next week. When Clement gets his own team and is overseeing Celtic trebles and struggling to match St Johnstone in the cups then I’ll worry. But even then, it won’t be your man crush replacing him. And just another reminder to everyone about your level of bias here, you actually once said SG was the best manager in the clubs history, before getting a slagging, taking the huff and leaving :))

You don’t know what most fans will be thinking, you’re a Gerrard fan, not a Rangers fan. Most sane Rangers fans will recognise that Clement is on a hiding to nothing with this group of players. You just carry on ignoring everything I’m asking you, if you gloss over it all then you’ll win the argument. By the way, 1 in 9 isn’t “patter”, it’s 100% absolute fact. 1 solitary trophy in 9 isn’t nearly good enough at Rangers, that is also fact. Clement hasn’t even got his own team together yet and has a superior CV to Gerrard, there’s another fact.

Have fun sitting there keeping your fingers crossed for a Celtic win next week. When Clement gets his own team and is overseeing Celtic trebles and struggling to match St Johnstone in the cups then I’ll worry. But even then, it won’t be your man crush replacing him. And just another reminder to everyone about your level of bias here, you actually once said SG was the best manager in the clubs history, before getting a slagging, taking the huff and leaving :))
I'm fairly certain that most fans would prefer the league title to the league Cup however what you're saying is factually correct regarding his trophy count however the context has been clearly overlooked by you. It's probably best we agree to disagree as I clearly won't change your mind and you certainly won't change mine.

Back