Clement isn't the problem

He’s been part of the problem during our collapse.

Doesn’t mean you want him sacked for saying that.

Style of play, set up, selection and choice of substitutions have been terrible. Such a rotten footballing team.
He can only pick the same bottle merchants and dross he’s been left with till he gets his own stamp on the team

He can only pick the same bottle merchants and dross he’s been left with till he gets his own stamp on the team

Starting Wright against Celtic, Lawrence and Dowell in midfield. Taking too long to make changes.

Sterling is never a LB. As much as I don't want Borna in the team he should be at LB with Sterling in midfield until Diomande is back. Winning the midfield battle in Scotland is a must. Ross County and Dundee we had no midfield.

Continuing with Fabio Silva off the left.

I agree the players, especially those that have been there long term are the main ones to blame. However the manager has had options to change things and chose to stick with the dross.
No subs again at half time. Just like Sunday.
That tells me he was satisfied with what he was watching.

Raskin could have been introduced for example.
Instead he stuck with players clearly going through the motions.

Even the horrendous start once again where we almost lost a goal in the opening seconds didn't seem to enrage him.

He'd be well aware by now that this core of players have seen the previous two managers removed.
Yet he's sticking with them.

When he took Cantwell off after 30 minutes that evening I honestly thought we'd found a guy that would not tolerate anyone that never adhered to his instructions.

The past few games have proven me wrong.

Starting Wright against Celtic, Lawrence and Dowell in midfield. Taking too long to make changes.

Sterling is never a LB. As much as I don't want Borna in the team he should be at LB with Sterling in midfield until Diomande is back. Winning the midfield battle in Scotland is a must. Ross County and Dundee we had no midfield.

Continuing with Fabio Silva off the left.
Borna shouldn’t be near the squad could easily play Davies there or bring in a youth Fraser or yfeko this is major reason we keep crumbling trusting the same imposters over and over instead of something new

He definitely is a problem right now.

His team selections are ridiculous at times to the point everyone can see it before the game then he has to make an early sub.

His tactics are shit. No midfield at all, hoof it up the pitch and hope something happens.

And he is talking utter nonsense in interviews.

Needs to sort it out or he will build a team in the summer then get sacked in September or October.

He stated he loved the passion I've not seen any last 2 games,not fcking good enough.season is over in a week fcking scandalous

Control the midfield you control the game.

Every week we have folk criticising Lundstram when essentially he is a one man midfield in against 3 sometimes 4. Look at last night how many times did Goldson and Souttar blootered the ball straight out of play. Lundstram has to drop deep to pick up the ball looks for his midfield then realises that the midfield is HIM.

Our last success v Celtic was with a 3 man proper midfield

Jack Lundstram Raskin.

2 of that three have been available for weeks, Sterling or King could have been the 3rd man, but no we play Sterling as a LB, think that is the 3rd game he’s started there and we’ve not won one. Celtic twice and last night (for what it’s worth he was equally bad on his strong side as RB v Morton)

Lundstram hasn't really played in midfield the last 2 games. He's played so deep he's basically taken himself out the running for any meaningful contributions

So we are saying these players are not good enough to beat Motherwell ,Ross County and Dundee?He should have them playing like there lives depended on it yet all we are getting

Yes, that's exactly what we are saying. Look back at every single season this group have been together, bar 1, and how they struggled at this point in the season against the likes of St Johnstone, Hamilton, Ross County (again), Dundee United.

It's what they do.

I don’t think he’s blameless. his game play last night was a big red flag. It looked like we played 2 holding midfielders that sat next to the CB to allow tav to push forward. Who is terrible in the centre area. I had no idea where our width was and out press was zero. Not all on the manager but he isn’t innocent

I'm growing increasingly wary of the manager's contribution to the malaise we are watching.

The style of play is not good on the eye and the record of 2 wins in 6 domestically, at a point in the season when prizes are handed out, is not a good gauge of future success.

The only team we beat in March was Hibs, and here we are in mid-April having not won a game all month.

I'm sorry but alarm bells are ringing loud and clear.

Failure to beat Hearts on Sunday and our season is over.

Last edited:
It's not the manager.
It's down to the players for being wage thieves who don't apply themselves professionally to their work.
No manager puts a team onto the park to play in the way we saw on Sunday and last night..
Gio lost his job for the same failures as we saw over the last 2 games.

Sick of seeing people complaining about Clement and his team selection. He can only work with the players he's got and he's performed a miracle with them to even get us to this position.

The squad needs gutted starting with Tav, Goldson and Lundstram.

I've got a lot more faith in Clement than I did in Beale to get the recruitment right this summer. We need to give him time to get this right, another manager is not the answer.
If he is telling them to go out and play this dreadful long ball game he is a lot to blame.

It's not the manager.
It's down to the players for being wage thieves who don't apply themselves professionally to their work.
No manager puts a team onto the park to play in the way we saw on Sunday and last night..
Gio lost his job for the same failures as we saw over the last 2 games.
Do you know a single person who had Wright in their starting line up against Celtic?

Why are we playing Sima on the right considering how effective he has been on the left?

If folk are wanting to claim he worked miracles to get us into a position to win the league at least be honest and say he has played his part in them throwing it away.

What’s his style of play? Cause all he seems to do is want his teams to hoof the ball up the park. Dundee on a far less budget passed us off the park in that first half. His teams are far to light and open in the middle of the park
That’s my thought too. I understand we don’t want to be rash and do the same thing all over again with a new manager but what was his plan? Do we trust him to get it right, at this point I would give him the summer to recruit but will they go for the fight and quality needed that we know exists in this league or will we be arrogant and shop overseas with tubes that don’t understand the demand of wearing the famous jersey?

Right now he's part of the problem.

Some of his decisions right now are mind boggling.
Two key games-pivotal to the season and his inability to influence them either in line up and subs has been shocking to be honest.

He’s lost a massive amount of credibility because we just watched a disaster repeated

No he’s not.

The spineless trio of Tavernier, Goldson & Lundstram are the problem.

They’re like a cancer running through the squad/club.

Our style of play is genuinely honking to watch though. That has to change or he’ll be out the door soon enough too.
So why does he refuse to drop them. Sterling at rb. King at cb (as Balogun was ill) Raskin in cm (granted he’s been off the boil but he works a hell of a lot harder than the current performances we are getting from lundstrum / dowell / Lawrence.

The board need to sit down with the manager and ask him about his plans for next season. If they involve Tav,Goldson and JL then he needs to be shown the door.

He definitely is a problem right now.

His team selections are ridiculous at times to the point everyone can see it before the game then he has to make an early sub.

His tactics are shit. No midfield at all, hoof it up the pitch and hope something happens.

And he is talking utter nonsense in interviews.

Needs to sort it out or he will build a team in the summer then get sacked in September or October.
Depressingly accurate.

Shouldn't be surprised how quickly some on here have turned against the Manager, rightly or wrongly we can't keep sacking Managers all the time

He hasn't even had a full season yet and only 1 transfer window so far

Last edited:
Kerion Dowell nowhere near it all year but Clement puts him on in the business end of the season. He needs to take some responsibility, but 90% of the blame is on the usual suspects.

Also, can someone explain that style of play? Hoof it up? Seen better play in the lowland league.
It's a lack of options though, Diomande would be in if he was available.

I think if we need to maybe take a step back and look at this objectively.

When Beale left after 7 games, we were sitting on 12 points (7 off top)
Given that 90 points is usually the bare minimum it requires to win the title, we would have needed Clement to obtain at least 78 points from 31 games, of which around 1/3 would be with a squad he had no input to. A near impossible task.

He's actually not that far away as it stands. 5 wins (as unlikely as it may seem) does it. Ironically if Celtic had actually went on to get a 95-100 point total which their start promised, there would probably less grumblings about Clement. It's the fact that they had a bad spell just before Christmas and opened the door for us that has ultimately made it disappointing.

Shouldn't be surprised how quickly some on here have turned on FF, rightly or wrongly we can't keep sacking Managers all the time

He hasn't even had a full season yet and only 1 transfer window so far
It's honestly one of the worst parts about our fans imo.

I fully agree that Clement has made mistakes but he's also only working with the dross that he has inherited.

People keep contradicting each other on here.
'Why does he always keep making so many changes to the team ?' and then when he doesn't make many changes people ask why he isn't changing it ? Yesterday the players that came in during the second half were at times even worse than those they replaced, it's not really an enviable position to be in as a manager.

Clement is a fault along with these players. Yes his hands are tied but he constantly plays guys who are not performing!! yet wont bring in others like Raskin, davies, McKinnon etc the first 2 haven't been great but could they be worse in what we have seen the last few games???
Clement is putting trust into players who hide, and crumble under pressure and if that continues next season, then we all know what happens!! He mentioned the structure, what structure? we have none!! isn't that up to him???

So why does he refuse to drop them. Sterling at rb. King at cb (as Balogun was ill) Raskin in cm (granted he’s been off the boil but he works a hell of a lot harder than the current performances we are getting from lundstrum / dowell / Lawrence.
Clement is finding out about the nature of players who he considered at least adequate at their jobs who, in fact, don't have the the backbone for a fight when it's required of them.
Simple fact is we have players who coast when things are going their way,but who lose focus and ability when they have to knuckle down and get the job done.
Clement can't make a brave man out of a coward.

What’s his style of play? Cause all he seems to do is want his teams to hoof the ball up the park. Dundee on a far less budget passed us off the park in that first half. His teams are far to light and open in the middle of the park
Our midfield is shocking

He's the manager. It's his fault. Same players every week, same tactics. Doesn't seem to be any change really.

Clement is finding out about the nature of players who he considered at least adequate at their jobs who, in fact, don't have the the backbone for a fight when it's required of them.
Simple fact is we have players who coast when things are going their way,but who lose focus and ability when they have to knuckle down and get the job done.
Clement can't make a brave man out of a coward.
Appreciate what you’re saying and I take your point on board. I’ve managed staff for 16yrs and know that if the passion, hunger and drive isn’t in them you can’t suddenly install it in them. However how long does it take for you to see who is letting you down. We all know that several players who yet again started last night should be nowhere near the starting line up given their recent poor performances and effort levels. How do you explain Lawrence seeing out the game?

At some point the manager is accountable. We can’t keep peddling this about same players letting us down when we continue to not only start them but leave them on the park.

Also what was his gameplan last night, what was his post match interview all about.

Questions need to be asked.

Kerion Dowell nowhere near it all year but Clement puts him on in the business end of the season. He needs to take some responsibility, but 90% of the blame is on the usual suspects.

Also, can someone explain that style of play? Hoof it up? Seen better play in the lowland league.
Manager doesn't change it, gets criticism.

Manager attempts to change it, gets criticism.

The issue is the current squad and Clement has probably got everything he could out of them.

I like him. I think he has probably installed a belief earlier in the season and a celtic collapse at times which brought us into a title race. Sadly the belief is gone.

What he does have to explain though, is why when Balogun has been back for weeks has he not had any game time and Goldson is continually being picked.

We have a captain playing with no confidence and instilling no confidence in other players and we have Sterling who could easily play right back.

We have a passenger in midfield Lundstram who looks like he is towing a caravan yet is played week in, week out.

Im willing to give Clement time and think he deserves that but i do agree watching us at the moment we dont have a style of play. And i think he needs to make drastic changes to try salvage anything for the remainder of the season otherwise what is the saying "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"

The OP is spot-on that Clement should not be getting stick however the idea that Tav, Goldson and Lundstram are the first who should be gutted is preposterous.

There are good reasons for not giving Lundstram a new contract. Mostly due to his age and likely performance trajectory over the coming years however he has been very consistent over this season as a whole. Is he really the first you’d want to show the door? Would Scott Wright not be ahead of him on that list? Or Kemar Roofe?

The same goes for Goldson. His form has undoubtedly dipped in recent weeks. As has just about everyone else’s. Are we really saying that Ben Davies would be a better option? Leon King? I agree that we need to strengthen the back line but there are many, many more players in that squad who have delivered less than Goldson.

As for Tav, he is the least of our problems. His output is genuinely exceptional. If even four or five other players in the squad were matching what he does over a season we’d be running away with the league. Is there a case for him moving on? Probably but he’s nowhere near the top of the list.

Back