Clement on Sky Sports

You have no idea how much I hope this is all bluff and bluster and he's just trying to keep the ship on track for the cup final. After that I hope he's got them all sussed and gets a high percentage of them to f*k.
I am pretty sure that's the case. He needs to stay calm and focus on that game and I think he is. He will come good, I am sure of it.

You have no idea how much I hope this is all bluff and bluster and he's just trying to keep the ship on track for the cup final. After that I hope he's got them all sussed and gets a high percentage of them to f*k.
I hope he's got them all sussed and gets a high percentage of them to f*k.

If he doesn't have them sussed then goodbye next season already.

Hes got to maintain some sort of positivity in public but behind closed doors one would assume it's a different story.

Tbh I would rather he did do that for now rather than throwing people under the bus publicly which will likely just cause the players to turn against him (assuming that they're currently onside).
Agree, we need a reaction from the players, especially with the Cup Final around the corner. That and also ripping them for being inadequate is hardly going to look attractive to potential clubs we can flog the dross to hopefully.

hopefully
he doesn't come across as the type to air dirty laundry and slate current players publically
the summer will tell a lot

we were promised a lot last summer but as the pre-season unfolded it became more underwhelming as it went on

Never noticed Lunny pointing after the OG. Who is he pointing at?
There was a thread earlier highlighting Collum sprinting past Lundstram in the lead up to the goal whilst Lundstram put in a half hearted jog. Not sure of it's been chopped or not.

Agree, we need a reaction from the players, especially with the Cup Final around the corner. That and also ripping them for being inadequate is hardly going to look attractive to potential clubs we can flog the dross to hopefully.
Exactly.

Hes got to lead by example and if he starts ripping folk that could easily cause the dressing room to completely fall apart before a big game.

That cup final is absolutely huge.

He's surely just trying to keep everything in a straight line for the cup final to get one last effort out of this season's squad. It's his only option for now.

If he honestly believes there is a single positive out of this league run-in we are in much deeper trouble than I thought - no wait, hang on, I've found one - when it went to 2-0 on Saturday I was steeling myself for 5 or 6...

For the life of me I don’t know why folk get their knickers in a twist about what managers or players say in media interviews. Unless they veer right off course , like Derek Adams, then it’s just blah blah blah.
The manager will be judged fully next season.
If I watch an old firm game next season and see the same type of defending we had for those 2 goals this weekend, then my mind is made up.

The manager is in a very difficult situation right now to be honest. He is p1ssing with the proverbial he has. We are even further down to the bare bones. If he comes out and slaughters his players any hope of them mustering a performance to win a double is gone. I'd like to think behind the scenes he has most of their cards marked.
Thats not to say he isn't without his faults. He has made some bad and strange decisions over the last few weeks but the fact he had the realisation to drop Goldson before he got injured tells me he is capable of making difficult decisions some managers before weren't willing to make.

I just hope he’s able to see through our squad of charlatans and he’s just man managing them at the moment till after the cup final …. Don’t suppose he has much choice but to try and polish the turd that is our squad right now

My gut tells me this is what he is doing. He’s a professional guy, he will say and do the right and proper things in the moment but when his time comes he will be ruthless

It’s being reported that his run back was blocked by Gollum, why Tav gave the Odd Job one all the time in the World to bring down the ball? & get time to put it in the Box is more baffling,
Sorry nothing is more baffling than a pro footballer having all the time in the world under no pressure to do what he wants with the ball and somehow sticking it in the bottom corner. If I saw that in an Asian or African league I'd be asking for betting patterns to be checked

I think Clement has known for ages who he wants to keep and who he wants rid of.
Obviously couldn't do it during the season,time for this squad to get ripped apart...or at least a start!.
Tbh he could never know who he would have to pick with all of these injuries and holidays some players took

Hes got to maintain some sort of positivity in public but behind closed doors one would assume it's a different story.

Tbh I would rather he did do that for now rather than throwing people under the bus publicly which will likely just cause the players to turn against him (assuming that they're currently onside).
Managers are dependent upon players only an idiot would give them a reason to work against you which is why I’m fairly confident the likes of TC is the problem rather than the manager ( if there is one which to me seems plausible)

I will be honest and hope I'm wrong I feel like he's talking absolute rubbish to try deflect surely there's no way he justifies the performance by saying the expected g at half time was similar

Agree.

Albeit, that Silva chance would have been absolutely buried by Sima.

There are so many interviews and press conferences that players/managers often begin talking gibberish to fill the space.

I think Clement has known for ages who he wants to keep and who he wants rid of.
Obviously couldn't do it during the season,time for this squad to get ripped apart...or at least a start!.
I really hope that’s the case.

He certainly seemed to be suggesting a couple of weeks ago that both Tav and Goldson would be a big part of his plans for next season while he made little secret of his desire to retain Lundstram.

If privately he’s been planning to bin the three of them all along then he has me totally fooled.

Personally, when he spoke of big changes in the squad this summer I think he was referring to the players that are out of contract and the loanees who will likely return to their parent clubs. Add in another two or three who’ll almost certainly be sold and them’s your big changes right there, IMO.

And this is why I wasn't joining the wankfest over his press conferences when we were winning under Clement. Managers talk a lot of shit at these things - a lot delude themselves that it's clever and entertaining when we are doing well only to then rage at largely the same bs when we are doing badly.

Could not care less what any manager says at these contractually obliged appearances.

Back