Clement we will be having fun next week also

As I say, do our talking on the pitch.

It’s Poundland psychology from Rodgers.

I genuinely expected Clement to be above that.
When you watch the seated interview it gets asked again and he's not happy about the comments talks about how it was disrespectful etc he looks raging at it.

It didn't come across in the interview just after game that way but the players should be reading at it they should be wanting to team it down his throat

I'm glad he's called out Brendan 'see you back here in May' Rodgers for disrespect. Even if we lose, which we might, he's right to stand up to him. I hope he's ramming it down our players throats to get them up for the fight.

If the gers go in front, the unwashed will turn on honest Brenda. He’s tooooo thick to know most of the scum don’t want him at the theatre of shame.

As I said in an earlier post. Jock Wallace in 1984. 'I really fancy us today'. 'I've got the battle fever on'. We were rotten at that time. Finished third in the league, 27 points back and won fewer than half our league games. But we won that final. The supporters lapped it up. Seems to be a different mindset now. But hey ho. Everyone to their own.
You honestly think Jock Wallace would have said his team were going to have "fun" before an Old Firm match, or any game? To equate that to him being confident before a game is nonsense.

You honestly think Jock Wallace would have said his team were going to have "fun" before an Old Firm match, or any game? To equate that to him being confident before a game is nonsense.
Clement saying we're going to have 'fun' is quite clearly him just saying he's every bit as confident as Rodgers. If Rodgers hadn't shot his mouth off, Clement would have said nothing. But he did and Clement fired back. I quite like it. Others don't. That's fine. I find all the knicker wetting about it utterly bizarre though.

So it's OK for shiney teeth across the city to spout his shite,and many on here saying aye but he's right .
Big Phil pulls it up with the reply .and now many so-called bears say he's wrong .
This place is infested
I agree think its full of ?imposters

He shouldn’t of entertained that pish,we need to keep our mouths shut and get on with the job am sick of our club coming out with pish they cant back up

Theres 2 ways of looking at it, of course the manager is allowed to reply to what was said but the point is we have done nothing against celtic in years especially at the paedodome for clement to say we will be going there and having fun. And also we could go there and win and probably still not be top

Clement saying we're going to have 'fun' is quite clearly him just saying he's every bit as confident as Rodgers. If Rodgers hadn't shot his mouth off, Clement would have said nothing. But he did and Clement fired back. I quite like it. Others don't. That's fine. I find all the knicker wetting about it utterly bizarre

My guess is a lot of those having a go at the manager aren't Rangers fans though.
Agree mate

If the gers go in front, the unwashed will turn on honest Brenda. He’s tooooo thick to know most of the scum don’t want him at the theatre of shame.
Mate, he knows fine well they don’t want him there that’s why he’s came out with all that shite.

Clement should be ramming the words of Rodgers down their throat and in their faces every single day they walk into Auchenhowie, on the bus to their midden, and in the dressing room.

By the time they come out that tunnel, if they have any personal pride (never mind professional), they should be like caged animals ready to attack.

Some on here are acting like Big Phil went full Kevin Keegan.

He diplomatically responded and didn’t say anything that could come back to bite him.
Basically saying that it’s a big game and we are looking forward to the test, but also not letting TTS have the last word in the lead up to the match.

Clip doing the rounds supposedly leaked of Phil complaining to journos about Rodgers. Fake?

Some on here are acting like Big Phil went full Kevin Keegan.

He diplomatically responded and didn’t say anything that could come back to bite him.
Basically saying that it’s a big game and we are looking forward to the test, but also not letting TTS have the last word in the lead up to the match.

He did say something that could back to bite him....the notion we will have fun there....that could easily go wrong.

His second interview was fine he took the bait on the Sky One.

You can say that without being a Tim, not supporting the manager etc.

It was said above he hasn't had a great time in interviews recently and going straight up the tunnel at Dingwall was piss poor.

Up until recently he's looked every inch the Rangers manager since we imploded less so, he looks under pressure. Doesn't help anyone including himself.

This will run and run and you can bet if there is a victor the word fun is going to be battered to death.

It was an absolute belter to keep up his sleeve.

I want to beat those filthy smarmy people so much it hurts. I want to see that rubber faced Bastard in tears. Cmon Protestant Rangers just do the evil ones.

Last edited:
Aren’t people just taking his quote out of context?

Did he say the words “We will have fun also”, or are people twisting him saying, “We will see”, when answering the question about Rodgers comments?

I'd probably rather he said nothing, but I'm not going to go in hard on Clement for having a bit of passion and anger — we've been far too soft as a club in general and hopefully some of that anger filters through to the squad.

Regardless, it'll make for good listening when he repeats after we beat them on Saturday.

This.

Phil must bring up us not receiving a penalty at the piggery in 14 years.

Pile the pressure onto the ref.
I’d also highlight that in all 3 games this season against them we’ve been on the receiving end of game changing decisions

Pile the pressure right onto the officials

I see that wanker Sutton is flapping his gums now, saying Clement was “petty” in his response. What does that c*nt smoke? His beloved “elite” manager started it with his comments.

I have no idea why Rodgers is treated like a celebrity and fawned over by our media. Because he comes from the English Premier League? The guy’s biggest claim to fame is that he almost won the Premier League but didn’t because Gerrard slipped. He’s won a promotion with Swansea via the play offs, an FA Cup and Charity Shield with Leicester … then relegated them!

Elite manager my arse.

Aye, so he hasn’t actually said the words, “We will have fun also”?
Asked what he made of Rodgers’ comments, Clement said: “That it is something that I would never say about an opponent. But okay, we will see.

“It’s not really respectful towards my team. That is what I think. So I will never say things like that about an opponent.”

"Its the biggest derby in the world, it will be a great occasion and if you aren't up for these games you shouldn't be in football" type response would have done me. Then in the dressing room to the players "they think this will be fun? We will smash those words down their throat" type thing.
Having said that, its not like his answer shows they are in his head or anything like that, just the mhedia making noise

Back