Clement

He does deserve the full season next year to see how we're doing then in my opinion. we need to let someone build something and i do believe he knows what he is doing overall.

some of his decision are bizarre though with line ups , including today, and it is concerning he has been unable to beat them to date.

See when we think about it, he’s been losing the plot week by week.

Some folk questioned the manner of the celebrations after the 3-3 game.

Storming down the tunnel at full time after losing to Ross County.

Claiming the 0-0 with Dundee was the reaction he was looking for.

Now today saying that while “John” will know he’s in the wrong, he “can’t forget all the good things he’d done for us these last couple of months.”

The signs are worrying.

The $64000 is stick or twist mate and I've no idea. Absolutely none to me all of this continuous sh*t show goes back to the events of 2012.
Board also 100% should have backed Gerrard and that was down to Park.
If we didn't have the money, what should we do? Take the gamble with the cl that nearly destroyed us in 2012.

Make no mistake, to even break even with the money Advocaat was spending we would need to have reached the cl quarter finals at least and more than once. Speculate to accumulate is no different to placing bets on at the bookies. We gambled, we lost.

If you'd said when he was appointed that we'd be going to them with 3 games to go, with a win putting us in the driving seat to win the league and a treble, he would be called a miracle worker. Remember he needs 3-4 transfer windows to actually get his own team on the pitch, only then can we properly judge him. He's a natural leader and I'm glad we have him.
Absolutely, some people talk so much shit.

See when we think about it, he’s been losing the plot week by week.

Some folk questioned the manner of the celebrations after the 3-3 game.

Storming down the tunnel at full time after losing to Ross County.

Claiming the 0-0 with Dundee was the reaction he was looking for.

Now today saying that while “John” will know he’s in the wrong, he “can’t forget all the good things he’d done for us these last couple of months.”

The signs are worrying.
The 3-3 game was a "moral victory"

Yesterday he was making the point that a draw would still give us a chance in the league.

That's not the mentality I want to see.

Lundstram can’t be in the cup final team, if he is then this will reflect very badly on the manager.

Just look at his comments on Lundstram post-match.

If he’d played his last game for us he doesn’t get that kind of sugar coating from the manager. He’s 100% on the team sheet in the Cup Final and yet again the manager is not learning from mistakes.

I genuinely wasn't too pleased with his appointment after looking what happened to him at Monaco. Thought he had proved me wrong but now I am beginning to think i was right to be worried. His decision making in both team selection and subs in this bad run we have been on are utterly baffling.

Unbelievable the amount of crackpots on this thread. A man who’s won titles and cups in a far better league, brought us back into a title race with this shambles of a squad and been hit with major injuries. Let the man have the opportunity to build his own team. A manager who’s worked with some of most talented players in Europe. I’d love to know who the fans would replace him with seeing as they doubts with him already, honestly man.

Which manager was that? Surely not Gio, short memory if you can't recall his trips to Parkhead.
He had his faults, I’m not saying he was perfect. Not the right fit for us either, that became clear. But time has shown the players had a lot more blame to shoulder than we thought at the time.

Unbelievable the amount of crackpots on this thread. A man who’s won titles and cups in a far better league, brought us back into a title race with this shambles of a squad and been hit with major injuries. Let the man have the opportunity to build his own team. A manager who’s worked with some of most talented players in Europe. I’d love to know who the fans would replace him with seeing as they doubts with him already, honestly man.
You know who - step up, Derek Mccinnes.

:D

She just asked what do you want to eat, nae appetite , going up to Oban tomorrow , whole weekend ruinedish, Lundstrum a waste of space apart from the tackle.
Seeing that arsehole McGregor lording it again hard to take.

I make his league win percentage now 75%.

Beale’s was 76%.

Clement has managed 1 less league game.

Whatever you cut it that’s a concern.

He’s in the same position as Beale was this time last year. Beats the rest most of the time, can’t beat Celtic and faces a summer rebuild on next to no budget.

We’ll lose the cup final and it all starts again

Actually plays better football than Clement and has beaten Celtic twice and drew once this season with a far worse squad.

I slated anyone in the past who suggested him but I'm at the stage now I think someone like him is needed.
I guess it's a case of do we just focus someone who can do it in the league (and pray to the Gods in Europe) or continue to trial European managers who might struggle to get the league but do ok in Europe?

As I said in another thread, very much the Moneyball film situation - a team with a big fanbase, massive history, shitty league and a small handful of cash to buy some second-hand clothing with.

That's where we're at sadly.

I guess it's a case of do we just focus someone who can do it in the league (and pray to the Gods in Europe) or continue to trial European managers who might struggle to get the league but do ok in Europe?

As I said in another thread, very much the Moneyball film situation - a team with a big fanbase, massive history, shitty league and a small handful of cash to buy some second-hand clothing with.

That's where we're at sadly.
We have to dominate in the league and get the champions league money for a few years. We cannot allow Celtic to be taking in that kind of money every season.

If we do poorly in Europe then so be it, nobody will care if we are bringing home titles.

Honestly blows my mind fans throwing shite his way. It sums up I suppose how knuckle dragging a contingent of our support is.

He took over a team in disarray and playing shite to winning a cup, winning our Europa league group and having us competing for the title that every supporter had surrendered in October

One or two team selections have been suspect and his faith in a couple of individuals has hampered him, but he literally dragged us into a title race we had no right to be in.

It's the same set of players that have ultimately got 2 managers the sack already. He got a tune out of them long enough and now they need rid of.

I think fans should have a bit of optimism going forward under Clement

We need to get recruitment bang on in the summer. For too long we've brought in players who after nearly two seasons offer little or loan deals that don't drive quick and instant value.

The $64000 is stick or twist mate and I've no idea. Absolutely none to me all of this continuous sh*t show goes back to the events of 2012.
Board also 100% should have backed Gerrard and that was down to Park.
In fairness to Park etc mate we went for it during the lockdown transfer window and thankfully it paid off. But that was us out of money, I definitely think had we qualified for CL, Gerrard would have got a top player or 2.

I was asked this
Afternoon would I trust him to bring home the cup and I said yes. Then I was asked if I would trust him to bring home the league next season and I said no. This manager is not for me but I really hope he proves me wrong

We have a shite squad with shite players thanks to a shite summer under a shite Manager in Beale. Clement got a tune out of the shite, but they were always going to revert back to type, which is shite.

He's making mistakes, but square pegs round holes with this squad at times. We have to give him a chance with his own signings. We can't keep sacking Managers every 12 months.

If we don't win the Cup Final he is under pressure going into next season, but far too early to say he's not and never will be the answer. He's under scrutiny now and that is fair enough.

But, there can be no getting away from it, this squad is absolutely horrendous.

knuckle dragging isn’t the best way to describe it.

But I agree with the sentiment.

I feel the people turning on him are jumping the gun.

They would have a new manager every 12/18 months

Honestly blows my mind fans throwing shite his way. It sums up I suppose how knuckle dragging a contingent of our support is.

He took over a team in disarray and playing shite to winning a cup, winning our Europa league group and having us competing for the title that every supporter had surrendered in October

One or two team selections have been suspect and his faith in a couple of individuals has hampered him, but he literally dragged us into a title race we had no right to be in.

It's the same set of players that have ultimately got 2 managers the sack already. He got a tune out of them long enough and now they need rid of.

I think fans should have a bit of optimism going forward under Clement
Knuckle Draggers because it’s not the same opinion as you? take a %^*& to yourself with that attitude

Is it a case of a lack of carrot to chase?

Is winning the (especially the Scottish) domestic cup/league just not enough of a reward in the modern age? Assume most see us as a jumping stone to bigger rewards in the EPL.

The sad state of affairs we're in.

The lesson he needs to learn is that the core of this squad gets managers sacked.

Unless he’s prepared to completely gut it, he’ll be looking for a new job before the end of next season, rightly or wrongly.

Serious questions need asked if we lose the cup final.

How many successful rangers managers have lost 3 out of 4 to them and managed to turn it around?

Knuckle dragging because its a different opinion from yours?

Away and throw shite at the moon
Goldson
Cortez
Matondo
Danilo
Sima

Could all possibly have started today so to be fair he is playing these games with a hand tied behind his back.

Yilmaz wasn’t fit to start either so he had to play Barisic

My opinion is he needs this summer to get his own team in

Knuckle Draggers because it’s not the same opinion as you? take a %^*& to yourself with that attitude

Knuckle draggers because it's stupid.

Big sections of our fans live in a perpetual state of vitriol towards the club. It's so fucking tiresome. Almost like their trying too hard to be staunch.

Genuinely if you are vocal over Clement you are directing too much energy to the wrong guy.

He's inherited a shitshow FFS. If we never closed the gap there would be no flak coming his way. He has now somehow he's getting it tight off fans.

This is all on the players, which he's been forced to play

The lesson he needs to learn is that the core of this squad gets managers sacked.

Unless he’s prepared to completely gut it, he’ll be looking for a new job before the end of next season, rightly or wrongly.
The first lesson he needs to learn is we can't play against Celtic with a midfield 2 and a number 10. Every single fan could see that and has been saying that for ages but he has now went 3 old firm games with the same plan.

Goldson
Cortez
Matondo
Danilo
Sima

Could all possibly have started today so to be fair he is playing these games with a hand tied behind his back.

Yilmaz wasn’t fit to start either so he had to play Barisic

My opinion is he needs this summer to get his own team in
None of them helps control the midfield. We would still lose as he leaves us wide open in there

Turning on the manager at this point is lunacy.

He has been working with a team full of losers and limited footballers since he came in, that fact that he has stayed in this league so long is a miricle.

Thread after thread of this player is shit and that player is shite yet some expect the manager to make them league champions.

He has literally nothing to work with out there and folks are expecting to much.

He has done amazing with the limited options he has, he needs time to build a squad and get them playing the way he wants them to.

Bitter pill to swallow today but we need to be a little patient

Back