Colak - no doubt he's our main striker now

I posted earlier that Colak was our best goalscorer but not necessarily our best striker.
I stand by that.
I also posted recently that I’d still play Morelos on Wednesday.
I’m still not sure how I’d call it today.
I can’t see Colak getting the goals if he isn’t receiving the passes and I haven’t seen where he’s a better option than Morelos if your looking for a “hold it up” player.

This is the big dilemma for Wednesday. I thought Morelos was the right decision last week given how little possession I thought we might get, but I think Colak might be the call this week.

Colak had two great strikers goals yesterday, and yet the Morelos assist for Sakala I also think
Wouldn’t have been a goal If Colak was on.

In summary, both bring major qualities to the attack but I think Colak is worth his start on Wednesday as we will hopefully have more possession around their box.

Last edited:
he's clearly our best striker just now and should start on Wed. Morelos isnt exactly great at holding the ball up either. We should always play our inform players.

Yesterday he also had two good clearing headers from corners.
This is a good point.
Morelos did similar at Anfield but the two I can remember were from second balls.
I don’t totally agree with your first paragraph though.

This is the big dilemma for Wednesday. I thought Morelos was the right decision last week given how little possession I thought we might get, but I think Colak might be the call this week.

Colak had two great strikers goals yesterday, and yet the Morelos assist for Sakala I also think
Wouldn’t have been a goal If Colak was on.

In summary, both being major qualities to the attack but I think Colak is worth his start on Wednesday as we will hopefully have more possession around their box.
I’m 51/49 towards Colak just now.
Based on nothing more than we’ve got to create more chances, be in their box, more than in the first leg.

I’m 51/49 towards Colak just now.
Based on nothing more than we’ve got to create more chances, be in their box, more than in the first leg.

Yes, I can see benefits from both as well Tazza.

I’m not getting personal against either, like some do, I’m just glad we have two quality guys now who can hurt teams. Yes, Morelos has taken time to get fit after his bad injury, but he hardly missed a match through injury in over 4 years for us, yet he gets labelled a prima Donna by some.

Not really up for debate is it. Colak's absolutely razor sharp right now and is lethal when given a chance. Has to start v Liverpool.

Yes, I can see benefits from both as well Tazza.

I’m not getting personal against either, like some do, I’m just glad we have two quality guys now who can hurt teams. Yes, Morelos has taken time to get fit after his bad injury, but he hardly missed a match through injury in over 4 years for us, yet he gets labelled a prima Donna by some.
Morelos goes through huge lean spells each season be it no goals, fitness issues or something else but there's pretty much been drama of some sort every season.

He doent contribute enough over the full season and his goals record suggests that too. I'd not be offering him a new contract.

So where’s the experts who completely disregarded the “horses for courses” approach and decided he had to start based on his SPL form?

What did it achieve? This was a game where we actually had some of the ball and had periods of dominance while he was on, and he gave us naff all, unless you count losing his nerve and failing to capitalise on that pass back.

So come on, you know who you are - we’re all waiting for some more of your pearls of wisdom. I’m sure you’ll have a solid rebuttal too, it won’t just have been a case of wanting him in the starting line up because of a strong dislike of the one man we’ve got who actually has the attributes for these games. Actually you’ll probably blame Morelos for not going back into the defence to win the ball off Salah and take it up the park himself…..

So where’s the experts who completely disregarded the “horses for courses” approach and decided he had to start based on his SPL form?

What did it achieve? This was a game where we actually had some of the ball and had periods of dominance to make something happen, and he gave us naff all, unless you count losing his nerve and failing to capitalise on that pass back.

So come on, you know who you are - we’re all waiting for some more of your pearls of wisdom. I’m sure you’ll have a solid rebuttal too, it won’t just have been a case of wanting him in the starting line up because of a strong dislike of the one man we’ve got who actually has the attributes for these games. Actually you’ll probably blame Morelos for not going back into the defence to win the ball off Salah and take it up the park himself…..

We would have won if Morelos started.

What did it achieve? This was a game where we actually had some of the ball and had periods of dominance while he was on, and he gave us naff all, unless you count losing his nerve and failing to capitalise on that pass back.

How sad is this, oh we would have won 15-0 with Morelos playing.

Cant believe you are for real.

It was the manager who picked him to start not us ya pie!

If you think this result would have been different with Morelos on you're nuts...

Poacher fails to play well in a Rangers team that doesn’t know the meaning of the word attack.

What a surprise.

We should have brought on someone who’s not been fit and consistent for about 90 years because he’s better at shoulder barging.

How sad is this, oh we would have won 15-0 with Morelos playing.

Cant believe you are for real.
LOL. From the guy was chomping at the bit to have a go at Morelos in a game where we went up against a stronger Liverpool side where we never had any control or any serious chance to get the ball near him. Bit of self awareness wouldn’t go amiss.

Well he was a vital part in the one goal we got against Liverpool which is more than Morelos did over the two games…

LOL. From the guy was chomping at the bit to have a go at Morelos in a game where we went up against a stronger Liverpool side where we never had any control or any serious chance to get the ball near him. Bit of self awareness wouldn’t go amiss.
How many goals has Morelos got this season in Europe and in the league?

How many goals has Morelos got this season in Europe and in the league?
What has that got to do with anything? This wasn’t a league game. It was against a quality side with whom we only possessed one striker with the attributes to face. Your straw man arguments are as pathetic as your wee grudge.

I said it was a thankless task for whoever started at Anfield last week and it was the same tonight. The 2 giants Liverpool have at centre back just dominated every aimless long ball we tried all night.

What has that got to do with anything? This wasn’t a league game. It was against a quality side with whom we only possessed one striker with the attributes to face. Your straw man arguments are as pathetic as your wee grudge.
Do you mean the striker who got us there?
Morelos got out run by Aaron Mooy and you think he was going to change a game against Liverpool be serious.

Sarcasm that must have gone straight past you mate, not to worry.
Fair doos if you were being sarcastic I'm actually relieved for your own sake u were. Just hard to spot the sarcasm on here at times with the amount of roasters that genuinely come out with tripe like that so I do apologise

Do you mean the striker who got us there?
Morelos got out run by Aaron Mooy and you think he was going to change a game against Liverpool be serious.
Oh right, so because he scored an open goal against a far inferior side that justifies his selection in games like these? At least Morelos has a fucking track record of being able to do it against top level opposition when we’re going with 1 up top. You carry on ignoring the point though and keep firing out the straw man arguments

He can’t take the ball in and hold it, the one player we have who can do that was on the bench. Why is that so hard for you to grasp?

You get what you pay for, he’s good enough for the spfl but massively out his depth ( like the rest of his team mates) in the champions league.

Oh right, so because he scored an open goal against a far inferior side that justifies his selection in games like these? At least Morelos has a fucking track record of being able to do it against top level opposition when we’re going with 1 up top. You carry on ignoring the point though and keep firing out the straw man arguments.
Just keep brightening everyone up with your comedy comments and let the adults discuss football.

Bang on.

The usual gang quick to pounce on Morelos for any reason yet never seem to criticise Colak for the same stuff.

Let's be honest, we could have had Haaland up top tonight and he wouldn't have looked good.

That being said, 14 touches and not one aerial duel won all night (not one) is simply not good enough. In games where we are not going to be the dominant possession team I.e. European games, he's just not capable. Offers nothing in behind, offers nothing coming short, offers nothing in the air.

Domestic level? Outstanding. European level? Pitiful.

Colak is the new Teflon man of FF.

Anyone who dares suggest he can't cut it against better opposition is just faced with "but he scored two against St Mirren and two against Dundee United".

It's really simple with him, he's a player for domestic games (mainly at Ibrox).

Let's be honest, we could have had Haaland up top tonight and he wouldn't have looked good.

That being said, 14 touches and not one aerial duel won all night (not one) is simply not good enough. In games where we are not going to be the dominant possession team I.e. European games, he's just not capable. Offers nothing in behind, offers nothing coming short, offers nothing in the air.

Domestic level? Outstanding. European level? Pitiful.
Last week there wasn’t any Rangers player within 30 yards of Morelos that’s why it went the way it did.

Tonight we had players close to Colak but his strength is in the penalty box, should never be starting a European game ahead of Morelos.

Colak is the new Teflon man of FF.

Anyone who dares suggest he can't cut it against better opposition is just faced with "but he scored two against St Mirren and two against Dundee United".

It's really simple with him, he's a player for domestic games (mainly at Ibrox).
He’s been brilliant for us, I really like the big man and have no issue at all with him being the first name on the team sheet against 95% of SPL opposition. But folk continuing to dig themselves into a deeper hole because of some strange dislike of Morelos just seems daft to me. In every game against this level of opposition and away at the piggery he’s been a traffic cone, it’s hard to overlook that fact, even more so when we have another player who has a plethora of great performances playing the lone striker role against top level sides. The same people desperate to put the boot into Morelos seconds after the whistle went at Anfield are now shedding tiny tears and going on the offence. It’s just stupid.

Last week there wasn’t any Rangers player within 30 yards of Morelos that’s why it went the way it did.

Tonight we had players close to Colak but his strength is in the penalty box, should never be starting a European game ahead of Morelos.
Bang on. But you know he’s been banging them in against Hearts and St Mirren so why not ignore all that and start him anyway. Christ he had a golden chance to do something tonight and resulted in little more than letting the ball run away. That was at 1-0.

Back