Commentators clichés

I hate when they pluralise everything when discussing teams. The likes if your Goldsons and Lundstums and wright's. No its Goldson Lundstram and Wright there aren't multiple players at Rangers or any team with that name. Does my head in or should that be heads
That’s Kenny Miller’s trademark

Arthur Montford always seemed to use the phrase "Out in front" when the ball was in the six yard box followed by something along the lines of. "And it's there. Goal for Scotland. What. A. Goal".

He’s got that in his locker
His favorite left foot. (As against the one he hates)
Just about cleared it. He did just clear it.
Any record which doesn’t count the old English First Division

Do miss Tam saying “ Aribo’s Velcro boots”
God I hate that "he's got that in his locker"does my head in.

Nothing to do with football but two crackers I heard this week from TV was. In the Apprentice final. One of the finalists Phil owned a chain of Pie shops. His mission was to open a pie company for the final. One of the former contestants thought it would be a good idea to call the company. "Phil My Pie" :))

In the Aldi's next big thing, they had to make a confectionery product. While tasting one of the products the female presenter stated that she was a "biter and not a sucker." :))

After a player loses the plot, goes through opponent at knee height and puts opponent out for 6 months. " He's not that type of player"

Does the tone, rhythm, and syntax of Scottish commentators count as a cliche? They seem to favour an oddly high nasal tone, quite different from their natural speaking voices, which they then use to elongate most words and manage to sound as uninterested as they can.

Suppose it's just another branch of joylessness attached to Scottish football

Does the tone, rhythm, and syntax of Scottish commentators count as a cliche? They seem to favour an oddly high nasal tone, quite different from their natural speaking voices, which they then use to elongate most words and manage to sound as uninterested as they can.

Suppose it's just another branch of joylessness attached to Scottish football
Also, they feel the need to be "comedians" when erm anlysing games.

He’s got that in his locker
His favorite left foot. (As against the one he hates)
Just about cleared it. He did just clear it.
Any record which doesn’t count the old English First Division

Do miss Tam saying “ Aribo’s Velcro boots”

It's "favoured left-foot", as in, he favours his left foot, usually as a result of being left-footed ;)

Back