Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
I am being moved.

I've had my season ticket since 2017.

Does it make a difference when I got it?

I moved to BF as I have a relative who got one in there and it was easier to get seats close together.

There are no guarantees I will get one.

I'm sticking up for those who are being affected and if it was anyone else being moved my opinion on it wouldn't change.

What happened to you for the Liverpool game in 2022?

Rodgers is already making noises today about a return to ‘how it used to be’.

"The aim at Celtic was never to change it, so if we can get back to what it was before it was changed then that would be absolutely great news for everyone."
That the Celtic that don’t want to be part of the Old Firm? The Celtic that think we are a new club? Rodgers trying to gaslight everyone with this horsesh*t.

The only ones laughing today are the club who've got what they wanted, and it isn't us, mate.
Your handle is very accurate
I agree they will likely try, but they will rightly be told to do one.

You said in your last post you also think this decision will be reversed within the year.

I’d also suggest if you really believe that you are on the deludamol.

This allocation will be here to stay.
Some of our fans are always happy doing things down. They just make up stuff then other posters join in to back them up.

Everyone has their own thoughts on this based mainly on their personal preferences. For me I wouldn’t allow them back, any of them, but obviously pressure has been exerted and the club has bowed to pressure. It’s been good being able to access Ibrox from all directions without seeing the vermin.

VB, I think it is highly likely that all season ticket holders will be able to be relocated if they choose that option.
There are approximately 1800 season ticket holders impacted by this change.
Some of these will choose to remain in their current seats and miss the 2 old firm games.
Since the move won’t take place until next season the seats in the rest of stadium not renewed will be available to those relocating. Each season between 1k and 2k don’t renew and this gives more flexibility for seats together for those relocating.
The agreement is for 5% so we will definitely get more tickets than them. I understand the scepticism but the first game is at the piggery so if we don’t get 3000 they won’t get 2500.
We gain 600 seats through this Summer’s upgrades - but are giving up circa 1750 seats to the Dhims. So the maths doesn’t work in our favour there.

There’s also the problem that it’s the Family Stand, so many impacted will be a Parent and child/children who need relocated together with 2/3 seats together.

It’s been the argument of many on here, based on Euro games (which a significant number of ST holders choose not to attend), that we could easily take up the slack from this move. If that were the case then the Rangers email on this would have guaranteed relocations for those who asked for it. So that was clearly a myth IMHO. Arguably it might have worked if we had to move lots of ‘loners’ who could fill available single seats dotted around the place but that’s not how it is.

Going to be a huge challenge for the ticket office with the relocations arising from the cantilever being built, the UB move and now this thrown into the equation. There’s going to be many angry Bears over the Summer period and beyond I’m afraid.

I think we should only have agreed to an increase that allowed us to guarantee relocation for those impacted, be that at a figure of 1000, 1200, 1500 or whatever.

As I've already explained to you in a reply European games aren't part of your ST.

There are supporters who don't get the European packages that's why there are always plenty of seats available for European games.

I am fully aware of how season tickets work. Like I said earlier in a reply, I have had one of my own for 23 years.

So do you buy the Euro games on your ST?

They will be upfront of the cameras,us we won't be seen as usual.
Do you honestly believe that the chaps at the game will give a flying wether they're seen on telly or not. Better than watching people waving to the wrong camera for their few seconds of fame.

The game is for the punters who pay their way, not for armchair fans to crowd watch. Just watch the actual game and then you can celebrate along with them when, they are on the screen.

We have brought in technology that goes out it's way to chop of goals and hopefully an arrangement can be made with other clubs. Can't beat the away days, with good numbers.

It’s cheap and utterly pathetic.

So Bisgrove screwed over a very close friend of mine, made up total lies about him which then went to court and my friend won and none of it was proven and the club got done with unfair dismissal. Is it any wonder I was angry?

So now I’m just meant to be permanently angry over everything and can’t be happy when I’m getting to go and support my club at all away games again?

Is that genuinely what you are saying here?

By the way, are you even a season ticket holder? Do you regularly go to games at home and away?

You seem passionate about telling everyone how this is shite but does it actually affect you?

It's a shite decision when ST holders lose out on two of the biggest games of the season. The Club repeatedly use the "loyal support" in advertising when encouraging us to spend money but are quite prepared to accept a "compromise" that negatively impacts those going to Ibrox.

I'm not sure how else you can describe that other than "shite". If everyone displaced is guaranteed a ticket then fair enough. But they're not - and the Club already know this.

There's also the bigger picture. This has changed because Celtic wanted it to and the Club have once again conceded to them - and, unfortunately, there are some of us who are happy to go along with it.

I'm not sure why we should stop at 2.5k. Why not go for the full 8k again and allow more of us to get to Parkhead - or is everyone satisfied now that they have a ticket...?

You've been critical of Bisgrove for far more than the incident you mention. I guess questioning his values and suitability for Ibrox doesn't count in this instance. And yes, I am a ST holder. But no, it doesn't impact me. It does impact friends.

Are you suggesting only a small section of the support have a say in footballing matters?

Do you honestly believe that the chaps at the game will give a flying wether they're seen on telly or not. Better than watching people waving to the wrong camera for their few seconds of fame.

The game is for the punters who pay their way, not for armchair fans to crowd watch. Just watch the actual game and then you can celebrate along with them when, they are on the screen.

We have brought in technology that goes out it's way to chop of goals and hopefully an arrangement can be made with other clubs. Can't beat the away days, with good numbers.
I bet you can't,more smoke bombs more trouble for the club,I went away with my team years before you were born and we never brought the club bad media news ,changed days.

It's a shite decision when ST holders lose out on two of the biggest games of the season. The Club repeatedly use the "loyal support" in advertising when encouraging us to spend money but are quite prepared to accept a "compromise" that negatively impacts those going to Ibrox.

I'm not sure how else you can describe that other than "shite". If everyone displaced is guaranteed a ticket then fair enough. But they're not - and the Club already know this.

There's also the bigger picture. This has changed because Celtic wanted it to and the Club have once again conceded to them - and, unfortunately, there are some of us who are happy to go along with it.

I'm not sure why we should stop at 2.5k. Why not go for the full 8k again and allow more of us to get to Parkhead - or is everyone satisfied now that they have a ticket...?

You've been critical of Bisgrove for far more than the incident you mention. I guess questioning his values and suitability for Ibrox doesn't count in this instance. And yes, I am a ST holder. But no, it doesn't impact me. It does impact friends.

Are you suggesting only a small section of the support have a say in footballing matters?
I agree with a lot of your post. I don’t agree with any season ticket holders missing out and believe we should’ve based any allocation on ensuring that happens - be that 1800 or 2000

However the sentence in bold is quite ironic when Papa Smurfs survey had around 5000 respondents and was advertised on a message board. Why were all season ticket holders not surveyed at the time? Did the opinion of over 35000 season ticket holders not matter?

Yes I do.

My issue isn't being moved my issue is there will be supporters who will miss out.

They could stick me anywhere in the stadium so long as every supporter is accommodated for.

So what happened to your seat for the Liverpool game in the UCL in 2022 then? Did you get given another seat in the stadium?

Maybe a lot of fans in your area will buy the discounted season ticket which doesn’t include the two Celtic games? Then there will be less needing moved.

They haven’t said it’s 5% though. They’ve been deliberately opaque.

Anyway, bigger picture, it’s a good outcome. Whether it’s 2,500 or 2694, largely semantics.

Percentage wise we should be given a bigger allocation at the scum hut. Yes or no?

As you say, they have been deliberately opaque.

Whatever %age they give us next season we have to reciprocate.

Semantically, yours.

Already being portrayed in the mhedia as a ‘Celtic win’ ….. and it’s hard not to agree

Sad to say but we continue to be their bitches at board level
How in God’s name is a win for them?
They wanted the whole Broomloan !

It’s a fair deal that ensures we have the same support in the same section at Parkhead as they do at Ibrox
Why oh why do posters on here just make up stuff to suit themselves ?

I reckon Rangers repeatedly only offering them nothing but 800 tickets made that quite clear, mate.
The only reason that 800 was chosen was on the advice of Police and Rangers security as the only safe alternative to 7500.
It was always seen as too low by the club but they had to follow the security advice.
The full 2500 European allocation causes problems for Rangers fans in the Broomloan by reducing the turnstiles available to them so the club needed to act on this going forward.
We will add extra turnstiles to accommodate the European allocation which will therefore increase the turnstiles available to Rangers fans in the Broomloan on big European nights
It is this change which allows us to increase the away support and get more of our fans into the piggery.

When we are offered only 1500 tickets for the piggery due to health and safety or some other nonsense made up by the peasants, you'll have people on here saying " How did that happen. ? " We are being played like a piano.
I think the majority will realise when the MyGers purchase emails come out and instead of a number of tickets its replaced with "limited ticket allocation".

We will no doubt still give them the 5% of Ibrox anyway as that is all the SPFL have ever cared about during this whole argument over allocations.

So rangers fans are Gimps eh, I have been following my club since 1960 and came through good and bad times but I never thought I would a bear calling his fellow supporters gimps,that attitude will only split the fans further
Typo there dude ha ha. You were only born in 1983 (according to your username/profile).;)

I agree the gist of your post btw.

However the sentence in bold is quite ironic when Papa Smurfs survey had around 5000 respondents and was advertised on a message board. Why were all season ticket holders not surveyed at the time? Did the opinion of over 35000 season ticket holders not matter?

And that's a fair comment and not one I would dispute. My upset is that the club have failed to back up all of the rhetoric they've spouted in recent times.

If allocations were up for discussions, the club should have been fighting for us at all other grounds. Maybe they have and we haven't heard yet...

This change, though, has come about because of Celtic. Not us.

“It does not affect the remaining two league matches between the clubs in season 2023/24, which will remain at a zero allocation for away supporters.”

We never agreed to that. They get the same amount of tickets as the other away fans so we should get the same allocation for the final game at the paedos home ground.

They are destroying our national game to appease a team whose whole standing in that game has been built on the backs of children being sexually abused.

We gain 600 seats through this Summer’s upgrades - but are giving up circa 1750 seats to the Dhims. So the maths doesn’t work in our favour there.

There’s also the problem that it’s the Family Stand, so many impacted will be a Parent and child/children who need relocated together with 2/3 seats together.

It’s been the argument of many on here, based on Euro games (which a significant number of ST holders choose not to attend), that we could easily take up the slack from this move. If that were the case then the Rangers email on this would have guaranteed relocations for those who asked for it. So that was clearly a myth IMHO. Arguably it might have worked if we had to move lots of ‘loners’ who could fill available single seats dotted around the place but that’s not how it is.

Going to be a huge challenge for the ticket office with the relocations arising from the cantilever being built, the UB move and now this thrown into the equation. There’s going to be many angry Bears over the Summer period and beyond I’m afraid.

I think we should only have agreed to an increase that allowed us to guarantee relocation for those impacted, be that at a figure of 1000, 1200, 1500 or whatever.
I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
They are very confident of offering a seat move to all those that want one.

Common sense, apart from the panty wetters o. here who dont want our fans giving the team backing at the piggery

Percentage wise we should be given a bigger allocation at the scum hut. Yes or no?

As you say, they have been deliberately opaque.

Whatever %age they give us next season we have to reciprocate.

Semantically, yours.

Over time, hopefully finer details like that are ironed out.

To start, getting the ball rolling and adults getting together and figuring out a concept that works for all, that’s a win for me.

We could spend all day in the weeds. This is the first step - hopefully in due course your suggestion plays out.

Either way, it’s better than the 700/800 we both have right now, which I don’t believe is percentage allocated?

Hope all the ones shouting for mentally challengeds back at Ibrox are happy. Certain Season ticket holders now no longer guaranteed a ticket against the beasts.
Puts to bed the ' Rangers Family' pish we always see on here, it's clear some couldn't give a shit about their fellow fans. The allocation doesn't affect me as in in CF, but I'd rather see our own in those seats than that mob.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
They are very confident of offering a seat move to all those that want one.
I really, really hope so mate. Especially if that includes the Parent/child combos. And I appreciate that you may have better knowledge on this than most of us.

If that happens then I’ve no real issues with the change. I remain sceptical however.

So what happened to your seat for the Liverpool game in the UCL in 2022 then? Did you get given another seat in the stadium?

Maybe a lot of fans in your area will buy the discounted season ticket which doesn’t include the two Celtic games? Then there will be less needing moved.
You're going around in circles here mate.

You know fine well I move for European games and you know my issue isn't being moved.

I'll stand by my fellow supporters whilst a lot stand over them and laugh on here.

A different tune being played from your anti-Bisgrove days.

Back