Connor Goldson - "I Just Want To Die" - Talking about his heart surgery

I'd maybe suggest an edit to the thread title.

Credit to a guy who has been a great servant to the club. Helping to stop 10 in a row and playing a huge role in reaching a European Final means history will remember him well.

Quoting the man himself. What's to change?

Kinda makes you think. We all moan that he makes mistakes or could be better for him, after that, given what he has achieved at Rangers, that really is some achievement.

Down to him if he wants anymore before he retires.

Often forget what he went through before joining Rangers. Brilliant stuff from the big man to get back playing at a high level.

The fact it’s the first thing you put in your post suggests you know it’s worthy of noting
Connor Goldson on his operation or talking about etc is a bit less dramatic

We have a player ready to give up on life at one point.

That's the real drama, no me typing on a fans site.

Massive credit to Conner for getting through this and continuing with a football career.

I will add though, countless others have gone through a similar ordeal, most will be no where near as fit as Conner, so it’s absolutely amazing that people get a second chance at a normal life thanks to procedures like this.

It was an incredible achievement for him to get back and play at any sort of level, never mind hit the heights he has achieved.

Whatever your thoughts on his current form, you don’t come back from something like that without having courage and resilience.

Absolute credit to him for getting through this and performing at the levels he has since.

Yes he has made mistakes, but this is not the thread for it.

To come through an illness like that, and then to go on to play for us, hardly missing a game in years is just incredible.
Absolutely incredible!

It was an incredible achievement for him to get back and play at any sort of level, never mind hit the heights he has achieved.

Whatever your thoughts on his current form, you don’t come back from something like that without having courage and resilience.
Is it just me that's missing the courage and resilience part. ...he's been posted missing in almost every game he's played in for well over a year now. He's been absolute shite since he signed his new contract.

My daughter went through a very similar operation, albeit not life threatening. Full bill of health now but she's been told to moderate distance running or very intensive exercise.

Just shows you what Goldson is made of.

Ok, I’ll be the one to say it.

Goldson deserves to be in consideration for the Hall of Fame. Or at least as deserving of a place as Tav.

3 pieces of silverware and a cornerstone of the Europa League Final team. His consistency (perhaps this season aside) and contribution to our rebuild has been monumental. And all of it on a recovering heart.

Absolute credit to him for getting through this and performing at the levels he has since.

Yes he has made mistakes, but this is not the thread for it.

To come through an illness like that, and then to go on to play for us, hardly missing a game in years is just incredible.
Exactly , so why mention it

"Forget the real story, focus on language , is that how you work too?"

Calm yourself PhilippeTheFair no need for name calling my friend, without language nobody could read the story and it is also easy to misconstrue what is in front of the reader or in this case by the reader less to think of as clickbait and more to do with the expectations of what they were about to read imho?

My first thoughts was it was an off the cuff remark about our last game until I came into the thread and realised it was about his health and no it is not clickbait but a good use of the quote to get the readers attention to read this remarkable story!

If it were clickbait the title of the thread would most likely have little to do with the actual story!

You could have handled this better as the host of the thread PFT not by name calling but with simple use of language!

We all have frustrated off days I hope we all have a better evening tonight and have another inspiring story to talk about tomorrow?

WATP

Is it just me that's missing the courage and resilience part. ...he's been posted missing in almost every game he's played in for well over a year now. He's been absolute shite since he signed his new contract.

Football is a game mate. He showed more courage and resilience than most ever have to in a far more important battle than him v f*ckin Kyogo. Terrible post.

Well then you're on the wrong thread if facts embarrass you . Goldson should be the one that's embarrassed along with you.
I think he has struggled lately as have quite a few players recently! 6 games left and if they want us to believe then there is no room for error, they need to make it happen now!

Shows amazing courage to continue being an elite athlete after being through that. We forget the human being beneath the shirt at times.

Where were all the Goldson apologists when they were calling for him to be dropped or sold on , not even wanting to even offer him a new contract...? Was he not under the same circumstance ..? My point still stands he's been shite since since he signed his new contract, that there is no argument ..

It’s inspirational for him to have gone through all of that and then to have such a career afterwards and he has played so many matches and been almost ever-present.

Back