Corkerhill lodge

Lodge Corkerhill originated in Corkerhill above the old Corkerhill stores founded by the railway workers. The premises were deemed unfit and they moved along to Rutland Crescent, and moved from there to current premises in 1980
Thanks for the update MB, I moved to Corkerhill in 1976. I remember the old stores building but not the Masonic Club there. Incidentally I moved to Corkerhill from Kinning Park and remember the old Rutland Crescent MH well too. I should add although I was from KP, I do realise that Rutland Crescent is across the road from KP and in Plantation before @alex wright is all over this.;)

Always happy to pay my pound and pop in for a post-match beer.

Glad to hear it’s opening soon.

Thanks for the update MB, I moved to Corkerhill in 1976. I remember the old stores building but not the Masonic Club there. Incidentally I moved to Corkerhill from Kinning Park and remember the old Rutland Crescent MH well too. I should add although I was from KP, I do realise that Rutland Crescent is across the road from KP and in Plantation before @alex wright is all over this.;)
At one time Lodge Plantation, Lodge Neptune and Lodge Corkerhill all shared the hall on Rutland Crescent.

My living room was through the wall from the East of the main hall.

Guy does heaps of work for charity
He deals with hundreds of people on match day
He’s not everyone’s buddy for a reason
Wee Davy is a star imho
wasn't davy i was alluding to,it was the door person in the nineties, ignorant man

Good wee club. I enquired about a membership before lockdown and was informed there was a waiting list.

There was never a social club when lodge was in Corkerhill area. Premises was just used for meeting

At one time Lodge Plantation, Lodge Neptune and Lodge Corkerhill all shared the hall on Rutland Crescent.

My living room was through the wall from the East of the main hall.
Your dad is a PM of the first lodge mentioned in your post.An absolute gentleman too.Are you interested?

Your dad is a PM of the first lodge mentioned in your post.An absolute gentleman too.Are you interested?
No mate, I could have joined as a Lewis but I’ve never believed in any form of supreme being so didn’t want to be a hypocrite.

I think my dad was a bit disappointed I didn’t join but he never let on.

I’ve been around Freemasonry a lot, especially when living in Rutland Crescent and although I’ve met many marvellous people I just don’t think it’s for me.

No mate, I could have joined as a Lewis but I’ve never believed in any form of supreme being so didn’t want to be a hypocrite.

I’ve been around Freemasonry a lot, especially when living in Rutland Crescent and although I’ve met many marvellous people I just don’t think it’s for me.
I’m one of the marvellous people you have met along with JB etc in the Viceroy although the company is now down to about three scary.

Total respect to you .

The club will be back open tomorrow before the match at 12:30. Due to COVID restrictions it will be members only for now.

Get down as early as possible to avoid disappointment.

Back