Cortes injury

Cortes and McAusland the two direct runners that even if they don’t take their man on directly they will carry the ball which changes the picture. The team we have right now is crammed full of pass and stand/watch players.

I’m not even sure either are great players tbh but they make us one hell of a lot less predictable.
I totally agree - I think McCausland is massively undervalued - he isn’t flashy but effective and reliable
He is aware of players around him - carries us up the pitch - his one and two touch game round the box is good with accurate passes and movement that open space for others - he also works back

Tav seemed. Most comfortable when McCausland was in front of him as he knew he could overlap and had some security to cover him

Assuming he has been carrying an injury as surely only reason he wouldn’t have had more game time

It does feel a little like the longer he’s out the better he was in some people’s thoughts. But as a team we’ve definitely missed him

He did look good, direct and not afraid to take people on.

It would have helped to have him, but I doubt that he would have made up for the deficiencies elsewhere in the team.

It was a real shame, he was adding something that we really needed (especially with Sima’s injury) and we have certainly fallen off the edge of a cliff since the game he walked off injured from.

He'd just have regressed like every player we seem to get our hands on. Feels like folk come in, show us a wee sparkle and then anything good they had soon gets sucked out of them as our god ugly style of football is impressed upon them.

Anyone else feel like things would’ve been a lot different if we didn’t lose Cortes to injury?, feels like we have been on the downward spiral since his absence
It’s definitely had an impact, we were playing some decent stuff when he was in the team. However it doesn’t guarantee the usual suspects not shitting the bed in the annual fashion we’ve come expect.

It certainly didn’t help but I don’t think it would have dramatically changed matters.

Midfield and defence have disappeared when it mattered most and we’ve not got a striker you can rely on to put the ball in the net.

Cortes wouldn’t fix all those issues.
The midfield and defence always do nowadays whereas in the past they were the most reliable areas of the team pre 2012 certainly .

Cortes has only played 317 minutes for Rangers so I am not sure we can say losing him has made the big difference.
Like most of our injured players, they get better in our minds when they are out. Lawrence was a virtually Ballon D’Or material when he was injured!

Cortes has only played 317 minutes for Rangers so I am not sure we can say losing him has made the big difference.
Like most of our injured players, they get better in our minds when they are out. Lawrence was a virtually Ballon D’Or material when he was injured!

Exactly, he started 4 games

Prior to him coming in we were on a run of only 1 defeat over 23 games. Form never really improved with him coming in, so not much to do with our regression.

Our problem has started from shoehorning Dessers and Silva in to a front 3, it worked once, Benfica away, strangely Silva on home soil with something to prove.

We need to have pace and genuine wide players out wide, Silva needs to be through the middle and or with Dessers.

Exactly, he started 4 games

Prior to him coming in we were on a run of only 1 defeat over 23 games. Form never really improved with him coming in, so not much to do with our regression.

Our problem has started from shoehorning Dessers and Silva in to a front 3, it worked once, Benfica away, strangely Silva on home soil with something to prove.

We need to have pace and genuine wide players out wide, Silva needs to be through the middle and or with Dessers.
So our problems did start when he got injured?, silva wouldn’t be required to play out on the left if Cortes didn’t get injured.

Hopefully we can secure him on another loan next season, we didn't see much of him but he did look to have something about him.

McCausland though is getting into that bad habit of coming inside beating a man and just laying the ball back taking the safe option instead of driving at defences

At least when he was playing the onus on Tavernier to get forward and create someone was reduced.

There was even acknowledgement on here that Tavernier was performing better defensively.

McCausland drops out and Tavernier is more exposed. Nobody has stepped up and replaced McCausland.

Back