Could Tuesday be free to season ticket holders

No.

End of the day the club needs to make money, especially with not a single fan through the door last season.

A full house on Tuesday is worth £1m to the club. We can’t be writing that sort of money off.

hows it ridiculous?
50k tickets at 20 each is 1 million.
50k tickets at 40 each is 2 million.

Is it in any way responsible for the people running the club to say "you know what, let's just forget the money and give the fans a freebie"?

The same fans who will moan like f*ck when they think signings aren't good enough or we don't have good enough back up for positions.

No and I wouldn’t want it to be.

The club would be crazy to turn down a full house and the money will help the club in what is a difficult financial climate.

50k tickets at 20 each is 1 million.
50k tickets at 40 each is 2 million.

Is it in any way responsible for the people running the club to say "you know what, let's just forget the money and give the fans a freebie"?

The same fans who will moan like f*ck when they think signings aren't good enough or we don't have good enough back up for positions.
Where do they think the money went?
Only a fucking tight arse would want into this game for free.
I imagine there's a huge overlap between the people complaining and those wanting their 25p back on a group meal when they've stick on £30 and counted up what their dinner and drinks came to.

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if the tickets are priced between £25-£30.

The 1st full house in 18 months and a CL qualifier that’s in the balance.

I think the club could sell this game out twice if we had the space.

Folk come up with these ideas all the time. A ‘wee gesture’ a ‘show of appreciation’ which, for the poster individually, doesn’t amount to a lot. When you multiply it by circa 50,000 though, you are asking the Club to ‘give away’ huge sums of money.

Complete non-starter.
Also, the idea that one 'wee gesture' would be it is a bit disingenuous. Would constantly be the same, wanting another freebie then another

Bearing in mind the sacrifice we’ve all made including financial . Last season selling all season tickets with no access to games , it would be a good gesture from the club to include Tuesday on season ticket .

To be honest mate I hope not , the more money the club makes the better IMO.

Nothing is free from the club these days. On one hand you’d think nice piece of gratitude for last season however reality is that we’re being funded by director loans at present and need to raise as much money as we can.

Do it with a cup game when they know the crowd won’t be full or a legends match not a chance on an European night

Bearing in mind the sacrifice we’ve all made including financial . Last season selling all season tickets with no access to games , it would be a good gesture from the club to include Tuesday on season ticket .
Each to their own, but in my mind gestures and tokenism should be left to that lot across the city who need to feel loved by everyone.

We all got rewarded with 55 , and I’d throw another £600 to do it all over again B-D

Club has still lost a lot of money from covid, so turning down 1mil+ would be crazy
I'm easily over a grand in season tickets, RTV away games and other merchandise since I last set foot in Ibrox.

Seems strange to say so, but the value for money of this last year has been amazing!

In your opinion
Yeah I tend to post my own opinions.

It's the same every time we have a ticket thread on here, guys falling over themselves to urge the club to put the ticket prices as high as possible and if others don't like it they can piss off.

It's odd behaviour.

But the fans last season wrote off £21m on season tickets plus Mygers ,

Come on mate, our directors and investors have ploughed in fortunes of their own money to get our club to this position.

It's not a bottomless pit and we, as fans should be happy to pay a fair price to watch European football at Ibrox.

Folk come up with these ideas all the time. A ‘wee gesture’ a ‘show of appreciation’ which, for the poster individually, doesn’t amount to a lot. When you multiply it by circa 50,000 though, you are asking the Club to ‘give away’ huge sums of money.

Complete non-starter.
I'm amazed at the sense of entitlement some (so called supporters) have on here.
Maybe they should think twice before buying a season ticket. Do they think it's Tesco on a buy one get one free deal?

Come on mate, our directors and investors have ploughed in fortunes of their own money to get our club to this position.

It's not a bottomless pit and we, as fans should be happy to pay a fair price to watch European football at Ibrox.
I agree, there has to be a bit of give and take but ultimately we can’t expect tickets for free

I get the anger when it’s additional pish, like paying for the POTY awards, but tickets is different. Fans aren’t a bottomless pit either so it works both ways

This would just be the equivalent of your Mrs buying you a nice gift but out of the joint account. Aye it's thoughtful and you would appreciate it, but really you're just paying for it in a roundabout way.

The club missed out on a boat load of ticket revenue from an excellent European run and they need to start making ticket income from Europe and cup games again, I'll happily pay.

Of course it should be, FFS.

Or at least give the illusion it's free and folk would be happy.

Last edited:
Of course it shouldn’t be free

the club needs the money.

I keep seeing these these type posts, the reality is the support need to be increasing their contributions massively, we can’t keep relying on the board / a few individual fans

weve just had a share issue and let’s be honest, the take up in numbers should really have been a lot higher considering the size of the fanbase

It would be a great gesture.

If you could choose 2 "great gestures in the next 2 weeks" or Joey Veerman.
What would you choose?

Let the tims get freebies and vouchers. I'm no high flyer,But I do know the club needs the money, personally I am not looking for anything for free. That's just not the way football work's. I'm sure when we eventually get there as a club, the club will give something back. At this point in time we need all the money we can get.

I would be happy to pay double mate if it meant we got in the players the manager wants rather than waiting to see if we qualify

Back