Cup Final tv Clash

Who really cares about this?

People in England don't give a fúck about Scottish football.

The idiots that run Scottish football don't care about it either so they shouldn't start moving kick off times about under the pretence that they do.

Plenty of people in England give a %^*& about the OF I'd imagine. Its a gigantic fixture that extends well beyond the UK in terms of interest.

Reality is its a pretty unprecedented situation where 2 huge Derbies that happen to be cup finals are scheduled to happen on the same day at the same time. The FA cup final has been played at a few different times over the years as has the Scottish cup.

Given the scale of the 2 fixtures that are clashing I would be genuinely surprised if they were both kept at 3pm. Doesn't bother me which one moves from that slot I just want to be able to watch both games and support both my teams. Suspect plenty of people will have their own reasons for wanting to watch both games as well without a silly 2 TV at the same time scenario.

Makes absolute sense to look at staggering the kick offs for these 2 games but if the SFA is sticking to 3pm no matter what then I hope the FA are looking at an alternative TV slot.

I know this is comment is from a TV viewers perspective but I'd be saying the same if i was going to Wembley. I'd absolutely be wanting to watch the OF before or after the game.

Surprised how many people think City v United will be a good match, see it being over with by 30 mins.

Did you see us at the weekend?? Flaky.

And it took us a long time in the last Derby to get ahead of utd. It'll be tight. Be a miracle if we start as well as we did last year.

And it took us a long time in the last Derby to get ahead of utd. It'll be tight. Be a miracle if we start as well as we did last year.

Nah, City will walk it in my opinion, be boring but they’ll stroll it.

Plenty of people in England give a %^*& about the OF I'd imagine. Its a gigantic fixture that extends well beyond the UK in terms of interest.

Reality is its a pretty unprecedented situation where 2 huge Derbies that happen to be cup finals are scheduled to happen on the same day at the same time. The FA cup final has been played at a few different times over the years as has the Scottish cup.

Given the scale of the 2 fixtures that are clashing I would be genuinely surprised if they were both kept at 3pm. Doesn't bother me which one moves from that slot I just want to be able to watch both games and support both my teams. Suspect plenty of people will have their own reasons for wanting to watch both games as well without a silly 2 TV at the same time scenario.

Makes absolute sense to look at staggering the kick offs for these 2 games but if the SFA is sticking to 3pm no matter what then I hope the FA are looking at an alternative TV slot.

I know this is comment is from a TV viewers perspective but I'd be saying the same if i was going to Wembley. I'd absolutely be wanting to watch the OF before or after the game.
The frustrating thing is it is the FA Cup final that is being moved, again, from its new slot of 5.15. it has been that time every year bar one for the last 13 years I think.

If they stayed the same there would be no issue.

The further frustration is that we would be moved to an even worse kick off time off the back of this as they would never allow our game to go ahead at 5.30.

Hopefully our game goes ahead at 3pm but I have my doubts that it will.

The FA and the broadcasters want a later kick-off the issue is the police who don't that hence last season it moved back to 3pm due to the who is in the final

If was Manchester City v Coventry City it would be 5.15pm/5,30pm

Not the 1st time this season the police has a major say in some kick-offs which has forced broadcasters to slightly adapt in England

In what sense is it “unprecedented” ?

The last old firm cup final clashed with Chelsea v Arsenal in Cardiff if I recall correctly.

Perhaps it presents more of an issue for you given your allegiances but most supporters of the 4 clubs involved won’t lose too much sleep over it

selfishly hope our KO isn’t put back.
I’m flying home from holiday that night and a delayed KO means I will miss the end of the game.

In what sense is it “unprecedented” ?

The last old firm cup final clashed with Chelsea v Arsenal in Cardiff if I recall correctly.

Perhaps it presents more of an issue for you given your allegiances but most supporters of the 4 clubs involved won’t lose too much sleep over it

You could be right there tbf. Think TV is a much bigger deal now though than the clash you mention which was several years ago now?

I'd just be surprised if all options weren't being explored because both games are massive and will want to be watched by a lot of fans, either of the clubs involved or neutrals.

The FA and the broadcasters want a later kick-off the issue is the police who don't that hence last season it moved back to 3pm due the who is the final

If was Manchester City v Coventry City it would be 5.15pm/5,30pm

Not the 1st time this season the police has a major say in some kick-offs which has forced broadcasters to slightly adapt in England

I guessed that the police/security side of it would be a factor tbf you're right.

They'll be moved to 1pm for our game and 5pm for the English final
Would not surprise if they cobbled together some sort of compromise like that. Half arsed but may be pragmatic. Could argue a later Wembley kick off suits fans travelling from Manchester.

How would the young generation cope with the fact that on cup final day in Scotland up to 1977,there was no live coverage of either cup final on tv in Scotland,unless you lived in the borders and a few spots which could pick up a signal from England/NI

We’d cope because if we were around in 1977, we wouldn’t know any different

Absolutely sick of the way football fans, particularly us and them to be honest, get treated when it comes to kick off times for big games.

Moving games to 12.30 kick offs for example has not curbed people going out and getting drunk and causing relatively minor bother. Social media is awash with kitchens full of people at 8am getting smashed with the tunes on.

There is no reason that exists which would make circumstances any different from our game kicking off at either 12.30, 3.00 or 5.30.

If someone wants to cause bother it makes no difference what the numbers on his watch say, they will do it anyway but the vast majority of fans on both sides will be well behaved as usual. You would think Glasgow turns into a proper no go zone battleground when these games are on and too many cringe Scottish commentators are far too happy playing up to the same boring, tired stereotype which does our game no good at all.

Scottish football is utter garbage, it has one USP and they do their best to stifle that as well.

I personally think it will be sad not to be able to watch both of the showpiece finals live on the same day.
A 1 PM kick off for ours should be followed by a 4 PM kickoff for theirs (in case of extra time and penalties) to allow the games to be watched back to back.
Millions more eyes on an old firm final than will be the case if directly up against the FA cup final between both Manchester clubs.

No chance mate.

Saturday 3pm for our cup final should and will remain.

Not really fussed what time the Wembley game is on, as we'll only have eyes for our own game.

No team will ever start as well as you did last year.

I happened to be in the bookies, giving my daily donation as the game kicked off and was absolutely gobsmacked with the timing and quality of the strike.

"but MSPS got involved insisting moving to accommodate the English final set a 'dangerous precedent.'"

I get that Holyrood is a sham, but that is still up there with the most pathetic crap to come out of that waste of good building materials.

They will not give a OF match a 5.30PM kick off time.

Absolutely no chance

Well they did say after the yahoo shame game of May, 1999, they wouldn't play another OF game at that sort of time. (I know it was 6:05)

I just don't get it. You play it at 3:00pm, which is the proper time.

You can watch the highlights of the English game on MOTD later on.

"but MSPS got involved insisting moving to accommodate the English final set a 'dangerous precedent.'"

I get that Holyrood is a sham, but that is still up there with the most pathetic crap to come out of that waste of good building materials.
How dramatic.

As if our games aren't moved every single week to accommodate English footballs TV schedule.

If anyone was to be moved I could see them trying to move us to mid day.

Should be told to ram it.
This isn’t a new thing as they were always on the same day same time and if you wanted to watch the FA cup you had to drive to where they got BBC with an English Channel like Berwick.

Oh
No team will ever start as well as you did last year.

I happened to be in the bookies, giving my daily donation as the game kicked off and was absolutely gobsmacked with the timing and quality of the strike.

Oh I know mate it was unreal. Kind of start thats not been seen in the cup final since di matteo for Chelsea as far back as the old wembley IIRC?

Tell you something we've missed that boy Gundogan this season. Special player he was especially between March-end of season.

Well they did say after the yahoo shame game of May, 1999, they wouldn't play another OF game at that sort of time. (I know it was 6:05)

I just don't get it. You play it at 3:00pm, which is the proper time.

You can watch the highlights of the English game on MOTD later on.

Thats pretty old school in fairness lol do people even watch match of the day anymore?

Play one on Saturday and play one on Sunday or move one to lunchtime for a double header. Both going to be incredible games and it would be a shame if people have to choose between one or the other.
From a personal and supporter point of view, I want to watch Rangers, I couldn't care less about any other team
Strange people on here consistently go on about looking after Matchday going fans, now they want TV to move games to suit them
You can always record the other game

There was a year (2011 I think as we won the league) the Scottish cup final, Play off cup final ( Blackpool vs Cardiff) and Champions league final (Man U vs Barcelona) were all on the same day with the FA cup final the day after.

We weren’t involved but it was a cracking day of football.

Back