Cup Final tv Clash

From a personal and supporter point of view, I want to watch Rangers, I couldn't care less about any other team
Strange people on here consistently go on about looking after Matchday going fans, now they want TV to move games to suit them
You can always record the other game

Recording the game is something my missus would say lol its really not the same as watching live. No way I'd have the discipline to not check the score on one while watching the other.

2 tvs on the go simultaneously it is for me

From a personal and supporter point of view, I want to watch Rangers, I couldn't care less about any other team
Strange people on here consistently go on about looking after Matchday going fans, now they want TV to move games to suit them
You can always record the other game
Which posters have argued for both points?

Who really cares about this?

People in England don't give a fúck about Scottish football.

The idiots that run Scottish football don't care about it either so they shouldn't start moving kick off times about under the pretence that they do.
We should really care about this, especially after the record numbers the 3-3 draw brought in.

We could have the vast majority of UK football fans watching our final.

We should really care about this, especially after the record numbers the 3-3 draw brought in.

We could have the vast majority of UK football fans watching our final.
And?

The cretins who run our game wouldn't do anything with that. They would slap themselves on the back publicly and then negotiate a worse TV deal off the back of it. Thats what they do.

So nobody then? Just different people expressing different views.

Your post made it look like the same people were offering up contradicting views.
Over the years our support has had to put up with ridiculous KO times, Ross County's early KO for example
leave SCF at 3 pm KO and our Vast traveling support can make travel and hotel booking arrangements
I have no interest in any other fans and I'm sure City and United fans will feel the same

Agreed mate, but there’s been a couple of instances in recent years where it’s been earlier. Really hope it’s 3PM.
has the Scottish cup final ever kicked off earlier than 3pm?? I know the league cup final has kicked off at 2 before but I cant think of a time when the Scottish cup final has been earlier though i could be wrong

I remember back in a simpler time when the Scottish Cup Final was on BBC 1 Scotland at 3pm, and the FA Cup Final must have been on BBC 2 at 3pm and if you weren’t at the match, or your team weren’t in it then you could just flick between the two.

It’s not as if highlights or coverage of the goals will be hard to come by.

Wasn't a problem 22 years ago. The Chelsea v Arsenal FA Cup Final and Rangers v Celtic Scottish Cup Final both had a 3pm kick off time.
The were always the same kick offs, we'd drive down to Girvan and catch the English cup final on Ulster tv if Rangers weren't playing

The finals have always been generally played on the same days / time. No one in England watches Scottish football anyway so there’s no problem.

Don't know why the Scottish Cup final couldn't have been scheduled for Saturday 1st June instead with a 3pm kick off.

The CL final takes place that day but not until 8pm.

The finals have always been generally played on the same days / time. No one in England watches Scottish football anyway so there’s no problem.

Scottish football in general no...the OF a completely different kettle of fish. Its watched in huge numbers in England and beyond isn't it? Guarantee the OF cup final will be of major interest outside of Glasgow.

Better not be changed from 3pm as I'm coming back up from Liverpool (via Newcastle and Edinburgh) that morning.

How dramatic.

As if our games aren't moved every single week to accommodate English footballs TV schedule.
It’s a showpiece final though.

In this instance, I’m happy to let the nationalist weirdo’s chip-on-the-shoulder rage against any change.

The BBC hold the rights to both finals which poses an obvious scheduling headache and last year, the SFA got around that by moving the Inverness vs Celtic final to a 5.30 kick-off to allow both finals to be shown live UK-wide. But that sparked fury from both clubs involved in the Hampden showdown who were left furious at the break from tradition.

Aye Timmy is a stickler for tradition right enough. They didn't have a problem playing the final on a Sunday in 2013 or even a Sunday in December 2020 midway through the next season because it suited them

It's 2024 FFS. There will be plenty of ways for people in Scotland to watch the FA Cup final if the kick offs are the same time.

Don't know why the Scottish Cup final couldn't have been scheduled for Saturday 1st June instead with a 3pm kick off.

The CL final takes place that day but not until 8pm.
UEFA

The last time it was scheduled for the same day as CL Final the Scottish Cup Final was played on the Sunday in 2013

So it doesn't happened

UEFA

The last time it was scheduled for the same day as CL Final the Scottish Cup Final was played on the Sunday in 2013

So it doesn't happened
Don't understand the logic there at all.

Do they think the CL final's thunder is going to be stolen by a match taking place in Scotland five hours earlier?

I’d quite like to watch both. Move the FA cup final to 12pm.

Problem sorted.

Don't see that as a realistic scenario given Wembley a much bigger ground to fill than Hampden and fans traveling 4 hours down south for the game (on the premise of fans of both Manchester clubs actually being from manchester), whereas Hampden 15 mins away from the OF clubs. Far easier logistically to move the time of the OF for TV than the fa cup final..fans in Scotland won't have same hassle of sorting hotels and expensive train/coach/etc travel to sort either the morning of or the night before the game as the fa cup final ticket holders will.

Anyways seems both games kicking off at 3pm so is what it is. As has been said people watching on TV have plenty of options to be able to watch both either at the same time or one after the other.

Back