Cup Final tv Clash

Do what they do in Spain.

Play the OF cup final at 9pm or so on the Saturday night.
Alexa, show me what carnage would look like. ;)

I know a few City and Utd fans and they all prefer games against Liverpool to the other Manchester team. City will likely pump them, so for the neutral looking to watch a game, I'd think ours would be more interesting. I say that, knowing in England, they'll watch the Manchester game, but in Scotland, I can't imagine they'll be many rushing to watch that beating.

Having them on the same day, with different kick-off times, is great for armchair viewers like me. However, for those who actually attend the game, and make it the spectacle it is, surely a Saturday 1500hrs kick-off is the prime time?

I’ve no issues that they clash. Hampden will have my full focus, the other is something I might dip into at half-time and full-time to see how it’s going.

Is there anything official from the fucking idiots that run our game that it’ll definitely be 3pm?

It was always this way. The cup final should always be 3pm on a Saturday.

Who cares what's happening with the tourist clubs. Anyone who wants to watch a proper game of football will watch the Old Firm.

When Rangers are playing, even if it’s against Elgin city or the champions league final was on at the same time, it’s Rangers first and foremost.

It will be interesting though for the guys who “support” both either Glasgow or Manchester clubs who they will opt to watch.

When Rangers are playing, even if it’s against Elgin city or the champions league final was on at the same time, it’s Rangers first and foremost.

It will be interesting though for the guys who “support” both either Glasgow or Manchester clubs who they will opt to watch.
Both. 2 tvs on the go at same time. Be a challenge to keep up with but I'll give it a go! City shirt on first half Gers second!

3pm for our final. Who cares about the other one. Record it and watch later, and for armchair fans they can sort themselves out. The fans going to both finals are what count most and it should be at 3pm. Thats it.
For the paying punter that's exactly what matters, but sadly they are now shunned in favour of TV audiences and sponsorship.

I'm sure they'll both be 3pm anyway.

What would happen when we make the CL Final next year if the SC final was the same day? B-D

It's not allowed to be under UEFA rules. Celtic vs Hibs in 2013 had to be moved to the Sunday because of it.

No doubt the SFA would make us play CL final Sat and Scottish Cup final Sunday.

Neil Doncaster, that's why not
Neil Doncaster will actively go against improved terms on a current deal?

Regardless of whatever point your making, it would have undoubtedly gave the game more exposure had it been on before the FA Cup final.

Is there something about that claim you disagree with?

Neil Doncaster will actively go against improved terms on a current deal?

Regardless of whatever point your making, it would have undoubtedly gave the game more exposure had it been on before the FA Cup final.

Is there something about that claim you disagree with?
Who do think will watch us that doesn't know about us already?

Exposure/viewing figures, I think you perfectly understood the point I was making.

More eyes on the biggest game of the season, the better.
I understand your point of view and could understand the Club wanting any extra exposure, but I would be shocked if our Directors would want an Old Firm Final moved from 3 pm

3pm for our final. Who cares about the other one. Record it and watch later, and for armchair fans they can sort themselves out. The fans going to both finals are what count most and it should be at 3pm. Thats it.
Very nostalgic, but unfortunately completely wrong. Top level football is all about tv viewing figures. They wouldn't give a flying %^*& if there was no crowd, as long as they can show the game.

Absolutely no interest in City v Utd and working in Manchester most down here will feel absolutely the same about our fixture.
3pm for both and I'm not attending the game.

I suspect if one our both of the game were on sky sports then they might well have moved ours to a lunch time kick off to keep Sky happy.

Both FAs are probably less bothered about upsetting BBC / ITV

Does the 3pm Saturday uk blackout not count for cup finals ? Genuinely thought they would be moved due to this?
No they and Internationals are exempt anyhow the blackout period ended in England last weekend ends in Scotland on 11th May

I can't imagine anyone other than fans of the 2 Manchester clubs would want to watch that FA Cup final. Foregone conclusion where the team in red gets skelped.
No-one can predict what will happen at hampden.

It should be enshrined in law that both finals are at 3pm on a Saturday. It would be good if they were different Saturdays though.

Last season’s put a stop to that, plod will make it 12pm to spoil everyones fun.
Then plod will be run off their feet, because lots will be drinking from very early on till the late hours. I would think come early evening onwards there will be many tanked up a lot worse than there would be if it was a 3pm kick off.

lol, you’ve got me wondering when United were last 3 up against City now.

Great question that! Long time ago, feel like it was Pellegrini was in charge and they done us 4-2 at OT, game was 4-1 for about 10 minutes. 2014 ish I think? Certainly never come close to happening while Pep been at City.

Back