Cup Final tv Clash

Tin hat on but if ko is moved to 12:30/13:00 I wouldn’t be overly annoyed, not keen but could understand the reasoning. Game needs max exposure and those kos are only option that would be palatable if change was to be made.

Tin hat on but if ko is moved to 12:30/13:00 I wouldn’t be overly annoyed, not keen but could understand the reasoning. Game needs max exposure and those kos are only option that would be palatable if change was to be made.

Anyone wanting an early kick off needs a boot in the stones. We have complained for years about early old firm kick offs, yet some want a scottish cup final moved earlier so they can watch some overhyped Manchester derby!

Nothing shows the spectrum of opinion on this quite like seeing these 2 posts back to back lol

Have to take issue with the Manc derby being called overhyped though its one of the biggest derbies in the UK and its a cup final. Doesn't need any hype.

Nothing shows the spectrum of opinion on this quite like seeing these 2 posts back to back lol

Have to take issue with the Manc derby being called overhyped though its one of the biggest derbies in the UK and its a cup final. Doesn't need any hype.
Know my initial line isn’t popular and of course I want a 3pm ko for the CF but in all honesty, and this is entirely due to years of mismanagement/ineptitude by our governing bodies, we won’t pull viewers in internationally if we go up against the FACF. I’ll, hopefully, be at our game but business sense says it’s pointless to put us up against FACF and expect anyone bar respective fans to tune in.

Very nostalgic, but unfortunately completely wrong. Top level football is all about tv viewing figures. They wouldn't give a flying %^*& if there was no crowd, as long as they can show the game.
Maybe so, but glad to see that so far, our game is at 3pm. Hope it stays that way too. For this particular game tv is of secondary interest imo. Anyone that wants to watch it on tv will watch it.

At the end of the day you watch your team play - doesn’t matter what is happening anywhere else or who is playing. Personally I’d like the watch the FA cup final if it was on at a different time to ours though, as a rangers fan I’ll obviously be watching old firm live but as a football fan I wouldn’t mind watching the FA cup aswell.

I’ll record the FA cup and watch it after but I’m sure if they are both on BBC they will be giving updates and half time highlights etc which would scupper that plan.

Know my initial line isn’t popular and of course I want a 3pm ko for the CF but in all honesty, and this is entirely due to years of mismanagement/ineptitude by our governing bodies, we won’t pull viewers in internationally if we go up against the FACF. I’ll, hopefully, be at our game but business sense says it’s pointless to put us up against FACF and expect anyone bar respective fans to tune in.

Have to be honest if I was going to either game I would absolutely be wanting a 3pm kick off and sticking to the line of tradition like so many on here, so I completely get it and have no arguments with it at all. It's a nuisance for me in my own circumstances to have both kicking off at the same time but there are ways around it as I've already said so it's not the end of the world. Quite looking forward to the challenge of watching both screens at the same time now lol though doubt the missus will be impressed!

The Scottish Cup Final should always be a Saturday at 3pm. You don't %^*& with tradition.

If the FA Cup Final is at the same time - so be it. Happened many times in the past.
Genuine question - back in the day when the FA cup final was the only game televised, was the Scottish cup final?

The overwhelming majority in England will want to see the FA final. The overwhelming majority in Scotland will want to see our final. Games kick off at the same time often (see the recent Champions League semi finals involving Arsenal and Manchester City).

Those not going to Hampden or Wembley will just need to choose which one matters most to them, then watch highlights later of the other one.

No way the kick offs should be changed.

Is the correct answer

Back