Danilo

Ipswich threw George Hirst in after 6 months out, and he scored within 15 minutes, so you never know. Maybe a cup final cameo isn't out of the question.

He might get a 10 minute cameo here or there before the season ends. Nothing more than that. It's Sima, Matondo and Yilmaz we need back like yesterday as we are far more balanced and threatening from both flanks when Yilmaz plays and the difference in our speed of play with the genuine pace and goal threats of Sima and Matondo is night and day compared to the options we have available for now.

If he is back fit then it absolutely is worth risking it. We need goals to win the title and at the moment outside Dessers no one looks like scoring.
With our injury history there’s no point in rushing him back.

Presuming he’s just back on the grass he’ll still be a long way to peak fitness.

Presuming he’s just back on the grass he’ll still be a long way to peak fitness.

With the way this season has gone with injuries, I full expect Danilo to have slipped on his arse walking out to the pitches and doing in his other knee!!

note - if thats actually happened I truly apologise!!!

Joking aside - will be great to have him back for next season

Treble next season hopefully OP
Unless we get hit with injuries between now and the Cup Final then sadly Silva, Dessers and Roofe is the firepower we have to see out the Season

Too late , will not be match fit this season. Need to get him through a full pre season and reset for next season.

I do chuckle at so many fans seeing a return to training as an automatic return to playing and being on form.

At a guess, he will be at least 2 weeks without contact. Then a slow build up from there. Pre season will be huge for him

Don't think anyone would advocate rushing any player back. If they are fit enough to feature they should be included though as opposed to showing extreme caution.

Wouldn't be heartbroken to see him move on in the summer. Injuries notwithstanding, I don't think we build an attack around him. Just my opinion.

Don't think anyone would advocate rushing any player back. If they are fit enough to feature they should be included though as opposed to showing extreme caution.
We should be cautious but not overly cautious :)

No point in rushing him back or risking him too early but if he’s ready he should be included. I’d imagine we won’t see him until next season or maybe a short cameo this season.

I do chuckle at so many fans seeing a return to training as an automatic return to playing and being on form.

At a guess, he will be at least 2 weeks without contact. Then a slow build up from there. Pre season will be huge for him
Aye it’s the fans jumping to conclusions when Danilo himself states he hopes to contribute to the treble .

It would be good to have him on the bench for the cup final.

Any word with what is happening with Cortes? Is he back in France?

Our season really went down when he got injured.

Given our season with injuries he’s bound to trip on one of those untied laces and be out for the next nine months.

Wouldn't be heartbroken to see him move on in the summer. Injuries notwithstanding, I don't think we build an attack around him. Just my opinion.
He has barely even played for us and the majority of his games have been under an utter shambles of a Beale side, I'd prefer to give the guy a chance. Feyenoord fans weren't wanting £10m+ for him for no reason.

Kinda similar here. A decent enough player who looks like he'd score goals.

Not the sort that works in the formation we seem to play though. It was evident again on Sunday, just as it is any time he's up top, that we cannot hold the ball up with Dessers.

Unless you've got someone like Alfie putting pressure on defenders the press just doesn't work.

It's not Dessers game and I don't think it's Danilo's either. Against better teams, we just can't get ourselves up the park playing either of those players as a lone striker and it was exactly the same with Colak despite his decent goal return too.

Kinda similar here. A decent enough player who looks like he'd score goals.

Not the sort that works in the formation we seem to play though. It was evident again on Sunday, just as it is any time he's up top, that we cannot hold the ball up with Dessers.

Unless you've got someone like Alfie putting pressure on defenders the press just doesn't work.

It's not Dessers game and I don't think it's Danilo's either. Against better teams, we just can't get ourselves up the park playing either of those players as a lone striker and it was exactly the same with Colak despite his decent goal return too.
Danilo had the joint highest pressing stats in the Dutch division. It's one of his biggest assets.

Danilo had the joint highest pressing stats in the Dutch division. It's one of his biggest assets.

Intresesting. It's not something I saw in him (though he looked better than Dessers at it but that's a low bar) but his appearances were so fleeting it's hard to tell.

I don't suppose we'll manage to move him on immediately given his year of injuries with us so we might well be seeing more of him anyway.

I'm still wary of Dutch league stats...as the Lammers goal return is showing us. It seems hit or miss on what you get from a player who stars in it.

Latest posts

Back