David Dickinson a shambles.

It is institutional with these new refs, just part of the job. Look at the guy at St Johnstone as well, like a rabbit in the headlights when he was forced to give us blatant decisions.

First half Armstrong pulls Borna back 5 yards outside the box after going by him, plays advantage despite the ball ending up back in the centre circle. No booking

Barisic does the same foul 5 minutes later, foul and yellow.

Not to mention the shambles at the penalty incidents.

Utter wank of a ref
Done to death, every single game…

I don’t think any of the penalties are actually on him as decisions. I thought the Lundstram one was a stonewaller from where I was behind it. I don’t think it is a pen having seen it back, but I’m wondering if there is enough movement in his arm before the contact for them to just go “check complete” it’s by no means stationary. Easy to see why he gives it though.

I was actually half impressed with him not buying Bornas dying swan act, knowing fine well that he’d buy it as soon as they started it

1 minute in the first half was strange

6, then 8 in the 2nd was fair I thought. The VAR check was after 90 and Souttar was down injured too for the extra 2

Some of his movement was strange

Far from the best, far from the worst. Just bang average

Was at the game, so no "benefit" of commentary.

When Armstrong was waiting to take their penalty, was Butland having to tell him the rules? It looked to me like he was telling Jack that he could not stand behind the line and Butland was waving his finger at him.

As a goalie, you cannot be beyond the goal line, but pretty sure you can stand as far behind it as you want?
No, the goalie has to stay on the line until the ball is kicked.

The Mayo one was baffling, a clear penalty. He'd also be off as well if it was given.

However, the Lunny ones a pen.

Not in my opinion.

It hits his elbow when it’s right against his side and it’s the force of the ball which then forces his elbow and arm out.

Anyway, Scottish refs have already confirmed that that type of incident isn’t a penalty at Rugby Park

Not in my opinion.

It hits his elbow when it’s right against his side and it’s the force of the ball which then forces his elbow and arm out.

Anyway, Scottish refs have already confirmed that that type of incident isn’t a penalty at Rugby Park

Yes. Same with the Goldson one (had a foul not been callee) against Aberdeen wouldn't be a penalty.

Different scenarios though as there's a rule for your "supporting arm" ...

Penalty against, Lundstrams arm is in his silhouette, but after contact arm is pushed up, VAR can't really interfere there if working correctly as not clear and obvious.

First claim for us, think it flicks of boys foot, again, that's not a penalty as I understand the rules, I could be wrong.

Second claim for us, stonewaller, hand out, away from body, changes direction if they ball, if only slightly, VAR should have sent ref to monitor.
The only point I would disagree is with Lundstrum incident it’s the point of contact which is absolutely critical not after point of contact.
VAR should have asked for a review because it’s clear and obvious that at point of contact arm was within the silhouette and no extension of arm to make target smaller.

Or he didn’t want var to help him as he has a button to ask for help
He doesn't have a button, the referee and the 2 AR's are open mics

Both the Lundstram and Mayo shouts went to VAR checks - to the point they were announced to the stadium.

Both IMO should have gone to On Field Reviews, neither did. Dickinson can't turn round and say "I want to see that again"

Worst type of ref, desperate to be involved. So many times he gave a foul for 50/50 challenges and players falling over. Handball decisions were baffling but VAR should have sorted them
Killie players falling over I think you meant, if it was any player falling over Borna wouldn’t have given away that free kick before the dodgy pen.

He doesn't have a button, the referee and the 2 AR's are open mics

Both the Lundstram and Mayo shouts went to VAR checks - to the point they were announced to the stadium.

Both IMO should have gone to On Field Reviews, neither did. Dickinson can't turn round and say "I want to see that again"
Button or mic both do the same thing to alert

Button or mic both do the same thing to alert
and the point still stands

Dickinson can't turn around and say he wants to review it on the monitor

He has to be sent by the VAR

Maybe he did say about the Mayo one, I don't see what that hits

Maybe Dallas then turns round and says, don't worry Dave, nothing worth looking at

Go back and watch the first half after they went 1 up

When we had the ball in midfield he was running from side to side across the pitch blocking passing lanes constantly, getting in the way of players,was a joke, he was like a number 6 for them

Terrible terrible official

I mentioned in the match thread and wondering if anyone has a clip (or if my eyes played tricks on me).

Diomande had the ball, and was getting pulled back slightly, but the ref for some reason was jogging with his back to play. Missed it.

When he turned round, Killie were in possession and moving forward.

Im starting to think I was high on cough medicine.

and the point still stands

Dickinson can't turn around and say he wants to review it on the monitor

He has to be sent by the VAR

Maybe he did say about the Mayo one, I don't see what that hits

Maybe Dallas then turns round and says, don't worry Dave, nothing worth looking at
Think you’re wrong mate as he can ask for it to be looked at and then be guided whether to look at it if it’s thought he has missed it

No, the goalie has to stay on the line until the ball is kicked.

Are you sure on that mate?

I know they cannot be off their line towards the kicker, but I thought they could be off their line behind it?

Butland was certainly gesturing to him to say that was the case.

Dickinson likes giving penalties against us and has previous

St Mirren 3-2 Rangers in 55 season Link (Says Dallas was ref in the stats, but it is wrong)
Rangers 2-1 Morton earlier this season Link

Dickinson likes giving penalties against us and has previous

Rangers 2-1 Morton earlier this season Link
Wasn't that VAR that gave that after he looked right at it and ignored it?

Didn't VAR also give us a penalty in that game too?

It is institutional with these new refs, just part of the job. Look at the guy at St Johnstone as well, like a rabbit in the headlights when he was forced to give us blatant decisions.
That fanny was reffing the match at the piggery last night, seen highlights and he couldn’t wait to get the cards out for Dundee players.

Was it not this wankspangle that shat out giving us two clear penalties in Perth only for VAR to have a word with him?

Hes a complete imposter

I agree. He was the rookie ref that night said the commentary team, down as 4th official until Collum ( ? ) called off. Let St Mirren off with assault - Balogun had to leave the pitch and he gave them a dodgy penalty against Bassey.
Remember it well. Loads on here saying he was a Rangers fan. He couldn't have done enough that evening to prove otherwise.

Beaton 2017 levels of losing control, albeit he managed to do it in less time. The drop ball situations were farcical.

In a way, Killie player getting himself sent off gave the ref an easier afternoon. Granted, not watched highlights or anything.

Completely predictable.
Before kick off I said to my godsons today, watch this guy delay play at every opportunity and give soft fouls to them all over the place.
20 minutes in both of them were saying, my prediction was absolutely spot on!!

Thought he was actually fine today, got every decision right, well major decision right anyway. Would seem worse when at the game but when you see replays back he got the decisions correct.
Mate come on he might have got the big decisions right but he lost complete control. The first 20 were shambolic

Thought he was actually fine today, got every decision right, well major decision right anyway. Would seem worse when at the game but when you see replays back he got the decisions correct.
What happened with the drop balls? Twice he called it back then gave them a free hit at it?

apart from our penalty and the red card
var had to correct him

I dont remember him giving us a penalty or sending a Killie player off for denying a goalscoring opportunity until Var intervened. As for the drop ball incidents, prevented us twice from breaking away, and then waved Cantwell away to allow a Killie player to hoof it up the park and put them on the attack. The atmosphere was toxic today and Dickinson had a lot to do with it.

I make no apology for this bump.

Another absolute sh!tshow from this balloon today.

Coward of a referee scared to give us a decision.
Word for word, the first post in this thread would easily have described his performance today.

An absolute riot of a referee.

There was a point where Dessers might as well have just wore the Killie defender like a hoodie, cause that’s how much he was all over him.

VAR has ruined the game. That was a farce today. Sitting around waiting for a decision. Not knowing if a goal is a goal. Its taken the soul of the game away. Bin it.

Not sure what game you were watching today. He was an absolute shambles, especially in the first half.

The clowns on VAR dont help much either. If you cannot see an infringement in the first 10 seconds then resume the game as normal. 8 fucking minutes wasted in the first half over 3 VAR issues is a joke.

Back