Dessers

Jamie19892017

I'll caveat this by acknowledging that many of us remain unconvinced the big man is the medium to long term answer to our striking woes.

However, I cannot think of any player who has been on the journey he has in such a short period of time.

From being considered a figure of fun (by us and rival fans) to becoming a reliable 20 goal a season striker, in what, five months?

It's a remarkable turn around and is testament to his mental strength more than anything.

If he does leave in the summer, then he'll likely leave with circa 25 goals and at least one medal. Enough to be deemed a success? From an individual point of view, it's hard to argue otherwise.

My apologies, big chap. I was as guilty as anyone of writing you off. You've made me look like a fud and I'm delighted you've done so!

Still not good enough in his all round game to lead the line for Rangers, however 20 goals and 8 assists (so far) suggest the big man is a competent squad player. However, for the money paid I had hoped for a better all round player.

Back