Detailed plans of the new Copland cantilever section?

GEODGC

Official Ticketer
A bit of a long shot here, but does anybody have images of the detailed plans of the new cantilever section that were displayed at the supporter engagement meetings for those moving from CF? I don’t mean the general plans that are freely available online.
Somebody posted in a previous thread that they had taken photos showing seat numbers etc but there has been so much posted in the last couple of weeks that I can’t recall who it was.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Minutes 11 to 15 of that video shows decent detail.

It’s building warrent 24/00664/BW on the council website but shows next to no detail unfortunately.

That’s as much detail as the club has posted on the website

Last edited:
I had a look on the council planning portal and there is nothing there. A bit odd as we will need planning permission and it should be lodged and approved by now.

I had a look on the council planning portal and there is nothing there. A bit odd as we will need planning permission and it should be lodged and approved by now.
You don’t need planning permission to build an extension on your land you own unless it interferes with a neighbour

You don’t need planning permission to build an extension on your land you own unless it interferes with a neighbour

Unless you’re on the wind up I can tell you as both a Planning Officer and Consultant that unless you’re talking about a single storey rear extension or a ‘Larger Homes Extension’ on a house then that is complete nonsense

Unless you’re on the wind up I can tell you as both a Planning Officer and Consultant that unless you’re talking about a single storey rear extension or a ‘Larger Homes Extension’ on a house then that is complete nonsense
That’s not true mate, we never needed planning permission for the club deck

Correct, when David Murray re built Ibrox I’m not sure he got permission?
The only time we needed planning permission was to refurbish Edmiston House because we don’t own the land I would hazard a guess that a safety certificate for the new capacity adding 900 or so extra seats

It says in the AGM video when all work is complete there is 727 new seats.
Not sure it it was that one I watched or not but the net gain is 600. I assume the difference is accounted for by the fact that seats will be lost as well as gained. It’s the same 600 net gain in the Broomloan.

EDIT: Just watched the AGM video and it does say net gain 727 over combined Broomloan and Copland. I’m sure there must be a later version as I definitely saw something with 600 + 600 net gain.

This article, from Jan 24, says ‘almost 600’:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...ox-revamp-increased-capacity-singing-section/

Last edited:
Not sure it it was that one I watched or not but the net gain is 600. I assume the difference is accounted for by the fact that seats will be lost as well as gained. It’s the same 600 net gain in the Broomloan.

EDIT: Just watched the AGM video and it does say net gain 727 over combined Broomloan and Copland. I’m sure there must be a later version as I definitely saw something with 600 + 600 net gain.
900 added, 262 taken away so net gain of 638, same getting done in copland then 549 seat losses in govan

900 added, 262 taken away so net gain of 638, same getting done in copland then 549 seat losses in govan
Yeah, that ties in - almost - with the article I edited in above. I didn’t factor in the Govan at all as I’d say that’s probably years away. Can’t see Govan happening next Summer, only Broomloan.

Where you getting 262 taken away mate?

Are we talking the Copland disabled section here? That is the back 5 rows which is a lot more than 262 seats.

It is conceivable, with this potentially being a close season project over 3 summers, that pre season games may not happen again until 2027 ?
Possibly but maybe they don't want to this season due to the Copland being the new singing section.

They could easily have the Broomloan Front or the Govan Front shut in the future pre seasons.

Are you wanting to know where your seat number is situated? I think the last seat is about 164.
I have a rough idea where it will be. I’m in 129, which I reckon is one of the last seats in CR5 before you go into CR4. Roughly where the arrow is in the photo I reckon.

Last edited:
Yeah, that ties in - almost - with the article I edited in above. I didn’t factor in the Govan at all as I’d say that’s probably years away. Can’t see Govan happening next Summer, only Broomloan.
It was mentioned on another thread that as of yet there are no plans to start the Govan stand next season.

I think they will struggle to accomodate the ones that are being affected in Govan front.

Copland movers have got the Copland cantilever, same next season the Broomloan movers will get the Broomloan cantilevers. The affected Broomloan fans for the increase of Celtic fans have got the first pick on any available seats in the rest of the stadium

Where will the Govan ones go? There is no new cantilever going into the Govan

Or the blue sky lounge

Isn’t the blue sky lounge situated internally within the stand and dosent involve any physical extension? If so then no it wouldn’t require any permission.

It was the way you phrased it I think…

“you don’t need permission if you own the land and neighbours don’t object “

which is totally incorrect

First test “does the work amount to development?” (e.g. internal works do not unless it’s a Listed Building)

Second Test “is it permitted? (i.e does the development require permission or benefit from permitted development rights?)

Nothing to do with ownership or neighbours

I think the timescales will be fine.

Work will start the second our last home game ends which could be middle of next month (11th /12th May) and we could be away from home first game of next season so the first home game of 24-25 could be 10th/11th August.

So that gives the club around 3 months.

There will be no pre season games at Ibrox this coming pre season.

Hopefully at an elevation that they be able to see over standing fans and the big eff off flags
Standing won’t be an issue, everybody stands in front of the existing disabled section in BF5 with no issues. Apparently the UB’s have agreed that no flags will be waved during the game as part of the agreement to move to CF3, although I’m not 100% sure on that one.

Standing won’t be an issue, everybody stands in front of the existing disabled section in BF5 with no issues. Apparently the UB’s have agreed that no flags will be waved during the game as part of the agreement to move to CF3, although I’m not 100% sure on that one.
Cheers for the info
Im sure they will creep in bit by bit

I have a rough idea where it will be. I’m in 129, which I reckon is one of the last seats in CR5 before you go into CR4. Roughly where the arrow is in the photo I reckon.

I'm row b, seat 128. 129 is 3 seats right from the passageway at the right side of the exit. You'll be a bit nearer the exit

I'm row b, seat 128. 129 is 3 seats right from the passageway at the right side of the exit. You'll be a bit nearer the exit
So slightly to the right of where I have the arrow? Apologies if I’m picking you up wrongly.

Back