Diomande wanted to play against Ross County and Dundee

ElBuffalo20

And was overruled by medical department. Was devastated not to be allowed to play.

As per today's press.

Hopefully that will shut up the nonsense being spouted last week that it shows he doesn't have the heart etc etc.

Boy is a player and the difference when he returned against Hearts was there for all to see.

And was overruled by medical department. Was devastated not to be allowed to play.

As per today's press.

Hopefully that will shut up the nonsense being spouted last week that it shows he doesn't have the heart etc etc.

Boy is a player and the difference when he returned against Hearts was there for all to see.
His hand was in a cast, you’re not allowed to play with a cast on. Was he getting such criticism? Ridiculous if so!

With it being a thumb injury I’m surprised and a little disappointed he wasn’t allowed to play.
Correct, who would have thought the medical department would overrule a player with a damaged thumb? It’s not like it was a hamstring or groin.
Edit; I didn’t know his hand was in a cast.

Wanting to play and being medically cleared to play are two entirely different things. We still don't know if he had pins put in or whatever, for example. He missed 2 games over a 4 day period.
We’ve already been told his hand was in a cast which isn’t allowed on the pitch.
Remember too, there is insurance criteria to be observed as well:

Maybe our medical team are too soft. How many other times could a player have played but the medical team say no?

A team chasing a league title don't play a certain starting midfielder because of an injured thumb, really?

If the injury required the cast to ensure it healed properly, the right decision was made.

Not like our squad isn't strong enough to be expected to win against Ross County and Dundee without him.

We should consider the issue to be the recovery from the operation rather than the injury itself.

hard cast - cannot play
soft cast - can play if advised

it was that simple but some people decided to have a pop at the injured guy rather than the ones that let us down

Why wasn't he allowed to play?

Genuine question?

We know guys have literally played with broken hands/wrists etc?

Genuine question - Was was the difference between what he wore on his hand against Hearts and how his hand was that ruled him out the previous two games ??

As per today's press.

Our medical /physio staff seem to have a marvellous record in keeping players out of the team.

The sooner we have a full overhaul of them the better. I simply do not trust them.

As per today's press.

The FF critics/experts said he was a sh bag though

Yip.
Title costing decision possibly?
I find it incredible you still have regular posters on here that refused to believe that there is any issue with their competence. It's just bad luck etc.

We rarely if ever get a player back on or ahead of schedule.

Usually quite the opposite.!

Phil says in his first presser - he doesn't play players unless they are bang on 100% fit to play it raised an alarm bell at the time as for me when it comes to the business end of competitions playing through the pain barrier becomes part of it.

We beat Dundee and possibly Ross County if he played for me

Not being able to play a guy signed in January has not and will not cost us the title this season.

He played against Motherwell at Ibrox where we were also atrocious, just for reference.
If he played and we got six points then that will have cost us.
I said possibly cause no one knows but you are stating that as fact in the 1st paragraph which is pish.

If he played and we got six points then that will have cost us.
I said possibly cause no one knows but you are stating that as fact in the 1st paragraph which is pish.

What if he hadn't played against Motherwell and we'd won, so he potentially cost us three points that day?

Just being facetious with that really. Our season was on fire long before Diomande or even PC was on the scene and we should have had enough to put Dundee and Ross Country away without Diomande. The players on the park cost us, not medical professionals making a call on an injured player.

Last edited:
What if he hadn't played against Motherwell and we'd won, so he potentially cost us three points that day?

Just being facetious with that really. Our season was on fire long before Diomande or even PC were on the scene and we should have had enough to put Dundee and Ross Country away without Diomande. The players on the park cost us, not medical professionals making a call on an injured player.
Why you talking about all this pish with me?
I only raised a question about the decision made.

Maybe our medical team are too soft. How many other times could a player have played but the medical team say no?

A team chasing a league title don't play a certain starting midfielder because of an injured thumb, really?

He then gets injured and people moan that he should’ve been in the stand.

I think the medical team know a bit more than us.

We wouldn’t have been so pedestrian with him playing,what a difference the midfield was against Hearts.

The danger though was rushing him back before he was ready and then losing him for the season.

Can't help thinking Sima played too many minutes too quickly.

Last edited:
Almost like he is confirming what the sane amongst us have said all along. His desires are secondary to the clubs medical department and their duty of care. Fair play to him for wanting to play though.

He then gets injured and people moan that he should’ve been in the stand.

I think the medical team know a bit more than us.
Of course they know more than us medically but there is a balancing act to be had. We have all seen players who have played due to the importance of a game when a medic would have said they weren't 100%.

Last edited:
Could have worn a boxing glove….I’ve got a pal who can peel an orange in his pocket, with a boxing glove on……the old ones are the best : )

Didn’t see this as a big deal at the time, some of the usual suspects fuming and calling the player all sorts straight away.

Doesn’t take a lot to apply some critical thinking and work out he wasn’t medically cleared to play.

Not being able to play a guy signed in January has not and will not cost us the title this season.

He played against Motherwell at Ibrox where we were also atrocious, just for reference.
We should have more than enough to deal with Ross County and Dundee without him, the fact that, that was exactly what we did in previous games before he even arrived tells you that
No our problems was not the fact he was injured, it’s deeper than that

Fair enough. Let me rephrase that ,are you satisfied by our injury and rehabilitation records when compared to clubs of a similar size?
Not particularly but maybe in the past they have rushed players back to soon which has resulted in longer term injuries. They were maybe looking at that with Diomande's injury. Again, I don't know the detail of the injury and its treatment so will defer to the professionals.

Back