Diomande wanted to play against Ross County and Dundee

Not particularly but maybe in the past they have rushed players back to soon which has resulted in longer term injuries. They were maybe looking at that with Diomande's injury. Again, I don't know the detail of the injury and its treatment so will defer to the professionals.
Fair dos. I am at the end of my tether with our injury list as is probably evident with my posts.

With it being a thumb injury I’m surprised and a little disappointed he wasn’t allowed to play.
So was I but we have to accept in the modern game the medical staff can’t be over ruled. If he’d fallen on it and broken it or torn ligaments then we’d be a lot worse off

Unless his thumb is hanging off, I want him playing all the remaining six games.

In fact if it is hanging off, I'd still want a half out of him.

Maybe our medical team are too soft. How many other times could a player have played but the medical team say no?

A team chasing a league title don't play a certain starting midfielder because of an injured thumb, really?
Yes, really.
I guess you’ll have changed your view after reading other posts.

Wanting to play and being medically cleared to play are two entirely different things. We still don't know if he had pins put in or whatever, for example. He missed 2 games over a 4 day period.
I heard someone say it was to do with anaesthetic still in system which prevented him from playing? Presume dictated by insurance?

And was overruled by medical department. Was devastated not to be allowed to play.

As per today's press.

Hopefully that will shut up the nonsense being spouted last week that it shows he doesn't have the heart etc etc.

Boy is a player and the difference when he returned against Hearts was there for all to see.
Looks like Medical department have cost us the league .

I doubt even our shambles of a medical setup would have unreasonably ruled him out, there will be a reason why it was a no-go.

He would have been desperate to play for us so it was surprising some made out he just couldn't be arsed.

There have been lingering questions over our medical departments ability to diagnose effectively, design an effective recovery plan & manage players back to fitness within a timeframe for a few years now.

Last week PC told us he was getting to the bottom of the reasons why our injury list was so long.

This week, he tells us, all and sundry, the apparently previously private medical details of an individual player, and the medical teams role in excluding him.

These events are not unrelated.

Many folk have questioned for a long time as to why the medical team have far too much influence and not enough accountability.

Its the business end of the season. Time for everyone to stand up.

Maybe our medical team are too soft. How many other times could a player have played but the medical team say no?

A team chasing a league title don't play a certain starting midfielder because of an injured thumb, really?

Seems we have our very own Dr Nick here.

Or maybe our managers didn't listen to the medical team before and played them anyway and that is why our simple injuries turn into complex longer ones. As Clement made clear today, he listens to the Dr!

Back