Djed Spence to Rangers (rumour)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerrard laughed at Evertons last bid, can't see anything in this.

You can if Everton have significantly upped their offer. I genuunely don't want to sell Nathan but I could understand (but not accept) the Board accepting an offer of around £15m, especially so when we haven't sold one of our more sellable assets.

Also Patterson seriously needs too play regularly, he is too good to be left kicking his heels on the subs bench week in, week out. This alone might be the reason a high bid might be accepted because Tav ain't going nowhere and as Captain, as well as being a fantastic player (when on form!!), he is an automatic pick each week barring injury

Last edited:
If this guy is rated £5/6m, then I’d say It would defeat the purpose of selling Patterson and replacing him with this guy, as there won’t be that much profit with figures quoted.

So I’m hoping there’s no truth in it.

Hope it isn’t true as I really don’t want to lose Patterson. He is an excellent young prospect that has shown what he can bring to the team. He is also a big Rangers man and helps fill the youth development position for our European squad. However our model is to develop players and sell them for profit and it’s something we need to start doing soon. So if a big offer comes in (£15m+ sell on) for a player who is a back up to the first team and it results in us not losing any of the normal starting 11, then I think we need to reluctantly accept it.

Djed Spence is supposedly not needed by Neil Warnock yet has been linked with Wolves, Tottenham and Everton.

Never seen Spence play but Warnock fancies Lee Peltier over him.

Djed Spence is supposedly not needed by Neil Warnock yet has been linked with Wolves, Tottenham and Everton.

Not the case mate, spence is nowhere near as good as anfernee dijksteel and isn't good enough to replace tavernier on the right wing so is being shown the door

If Everton have offered £10-12 m he will be sold. That sort of money sets the bar for our players, would be a record sale and helps balance the books.

If a bid of £10m - £12m + (with additional add ons / sell on) comes in I think we would look to sell.
I also think the kid would possibly want to swap his place on the bench for the premiership in all probability.

I hope Patterson gets a run in the team and all that like most people but some of the talk in here is genuinely absolutely mental. We wouldn't sell for less than £10-15 million? Honestly, i genuinely need some of that smoke because it seems brilliant.
To be honest, when Gerrard actually laughs on telly at an offer of £5m it's not like the board would be coming back in saying: "but £6m would be fine, right?!"

I think it was quite clear that that sort of bid wasn't going to be seen as 'a few million short' but the reaction more likely would be taken as to be 'less than half of what he is worth'.

There was no mind games there, no playing hard ball. Just our manager clearly reacting to a 7 figure bid as being actually ridiculous for Nathan Patterson.

Other teams might not bid more for him. I wouldn't be buying a car for more than 9 grand personally. Doesn't mean I'm gonna walk into an Aston Martin dealership with a new vehicle though does it regardless of how many other punters they had on the forecourt that day!

Everton have bid again for Patterson
Not got a clue how much up front
Add ons taking it closer to 10m.
We can’t sell for less than £10 up front and then addons . Gerrard burst out laughing at £5mill so the board and he would look pretty silly if we sold for any less than double that amount . By my reckoning it has to be £10 mill up front with a large sell on clause plus addons taking it nearer £12

Why the fook do people think Patterson going for 10/12 million is a good deal when the yahoos sold Tierney for 25 million?
Yes, Tierney had played more but wasn’t any better than Patterson is at the moment.

Frimpong - 11 million???
Ajer - 13 million???

Are you telling me they 2 are at the same level/potential as Patterson?

Why the fook do people think Patterson going for 10/12 million is a good deal when the yahoos sold Tierney for 25 million?
Yes, Tierney had played more but wasn’t any better than Patterson is at the moment.

Frimpong - 11 million???
Ajer - 13 million???

Ajer and Frimpong were first team starters though currently Patterson is 2nd choice right back getting 8 figures in for him is tremendous business if it's true

Frimpong - 11 million???
Ajer - 13 million???

Precisely. His ceiling is at the very top. We have no reason to sell.

Frimpong - 11 million???
Ajer - 13 million???

Frimpong was not 11 m the German club said it was €4m.
This could be our club doing what it should in scouting players simply in the event that a bid we agree with comes in. I would hope we scout players for every position in case a player is sold. Rather that than not doing anything then panicking when someone does go.

Two ways to look at it.

1. If we got £10m for our second choice(currently) right back then that's a decent bit of business in all honesty. Doesn't affect the starting XI, possibly allows SG to upgrade elsewhere

2. Selling Patterson, who should be our next right back for years until he's sold for vastly more money, would be nothing short of a complete failure on our part in terms of bringing transfer money in and would put the tin lid on this underwhelming transfer window.

Right now, it's 2 for me.

We're allowing folk to run down their contracts to their hearts content whilst contemplating selling the future ? We're already looking at a massive rebuild next summer. Why the hell would we make it harder ?

The unfortunate fact is, sooner or later, any player with the potential Patterson has will be sold.

The money these boys can earn in England makes it inevitable.

I will try and write with my head and not my hears

Tierney figure will be the whole bundle including wages. We'll know mentally challenged ploy to inflate fee for mhedia.
He was their regular choice unlike NP and had more experience.
Clubs are skint just now after Covid so inflated fees, apart from the top, are less common this season.
Thinking of the lad, what a chance to be a Premiership player at such a young age
Think he really won't fancy that?
10M for a back up RB is good business for Rangers.........no matter what our resident financial experts on here thing.
I amnsure our accountants would love that incoming revenue.

If its true......and i say IF. He will be gone by tomorrow.

I know we are a selling club and rightly so after dodgy spending from the 'minted one' in the past
However, Tuesday night and end of Transfer Window (with no mention of Rangers) cannot come quick enough for me. Unless we are getting a box office player in which I seriously doubt.

Always the same every transfer window, touching-cloth that our best players might go with no time to get a decent replacement.

I will try and write with my head and not my hears

Tierney figure will be the whole bundle including wages. We'll know mentally challenged ploy to inflate fee for mhedia.
He was their regular choice unlike NP and had more experience.
Clubs are skint just now after Covid so inflated fees, apart from the top, are less common this season.
Thinking of the lad, what a chance to be a Premiership player at such a young age
Think he really won't fancy that?
10M for a back up RB is good business for Rangers.........no matter what our resident financial experts on here thing.
I amnsure our accountants would love that incoming revenue.

If its true......and i say IF. He will be gone by tomorrow.
The Tierney figure was NOT the whole bundle, their accounts showed they got the entire £25million up front from Arsenal.

Frimpong - 11 million???
Ajer - 13 million???

Na. Not buying that mate

It’s indisputable that Tierney was further ahead in his development and more ready to move on. No reason that Patterson couldn’t go for similar amount in a few years but to say they are on the same level now is a case of blue tinted specs to the extreme

Heard Patterson is out today. Davis also a doubt . No idea if Patterson is an injury or something else

Frimpong - 11 million???
Ajer - 13 million???

Tierney had won multiple trophies as a first team regular for them. It's not even vaguely comparable. He was being tipped as being their next captain. He was on a long contract and a big wage. Not remotely comparable to Patterson's situation with us. He's our second choice right back, competing with our 29 year old captain for a place and he's barely racked up 20 first team appearances for us.

Heard Patterson is out today. Davis also a doubt . No idea if Patterson is an injury or something else
Hope this is bollox re Patterson being out .

That peltier a jobbing championship player who has been around years so it’s not much of an endorsement for the guy we are linked with .

Patterson is too good to be sitting on a bench. He's also too valuable (£) to be sitting on a bench.

Sadly we've reached the point where we have to play him or sell him. I hope it's the former.

We can’t sell for less than £10 up front and then addons . Gerrard burst out laughing at £5mill so the board and he would look pretty silly if we sold for any less than double that amount . By my reckoning it has to be £10 mill up front with a large sell on clause plus addons taking it nearer £12
Poster you are responding to joined in 2018. Not 1 post in 3 1/2 years until the early hours of an old firm game, where they've already proved they talk utter sh!te. Pretending to be ITK but know sweet FA. A crank.

Said in other threads that Gerrard was cleared and would in the dug out today. Sniff sniff I smell...

I'll let you make your own mind up about any other p!sh they spout and why.

:shh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back