Do we have it in us to beat Them on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our record there is horrendous, and officials are always there to help them out if necessary.

We also seem keen to give everyone we play an early lead these days, there’s a flatness about our team, and we have key players missing.

Nothing other than blind faith suggests we can win this game.

IMO it’s also a huge test for Clement - I still support him & he undoubtedly gets next season - no question, but my confidence in him has taken a mild knock recently (eg starting Wright in the last OF game).

He was left a pile of dross, and injuries have crucified him - again, no question, never seen anything like this season, but to date, Betis away is the only game he’s won that I didn’t expect a win, and a great win it was - pretty much all other wins are games I would have expected a Rangers win, irrespective of who the manager is.

As I say, I want him to get next season with hopefully a new squad, and don’t want to be over critical, but if he wins on Saturday it will go a long way in suggesting he really is the real deal.

I can't see it tbh. The only way we'll get a result is matching (or bettering) their aggression and hunger from the very start.

As per all recent OF games, I expect them to be flying out the traps and fighting for every ball, while we amble about "settling" into the game.

you could put cash on us being a goal down in the first 5/10 minutes.

I can't see it tbh. The only way we'll get a result is matching (or bettering) their aggression and hunger from the very start.

As per all recent OF games, I expect them to be flying out the traps and fighting for every ball, while we amble about "settling" into the game.

you could put cash on us being a goal down in the first 5/10 minutes.
True
I doubt we’ll be ‘allowed’ to match their aggression even if we did though

Sly fouls, free kicks and yellows to stop us

I doubt it. Injuries have devastated our season and what’s left loses more danger to our health than their defence. I’ve very little expectation this weekend. The league was in our grasp yet we blew it in April. Further there isn’t an official in the country that’s going to risk giving us a marginal decision or risk not giving them a marginal decision at Parkhead. The ‘penalty to Rangers’ campaign is paying them lavish dividends now.

That said, despite my low expectations for the weekend I still think we’ll give them a decent game in the Cup Final.

Those criticising the manager already with what he has to work with would no doubt be having a go at Klopp if he was in charge.
The only name missing is Bisgrove, no amount of cajoling and optimism will make a blind bit of difference once those players cross the line, they have to believe in themselves and leave it all out on the pitch.

2-2.

If we score first the filthy scum support will turn on them and anything can happen. If they score first it’s over.

In a word, no
Too many go missing against them, I don’t see that changing Saturday, in fact there are too many passsengers in the whole squad

Do we have a referee that will do his job professionally? if the answer to that is yes then of course we will beat them but again after what happened at the weekend, we know only to well that the compliance officer would have got involved and acted by now if the ce@3ic captain had been a Rangers player. So unfortunately, don't hold your breath, this blatant cheating has been going on for years and still we do not act on it. Ce@#ic once again get the millions, that is what's important to them, not the trophies. Their abysmal record in Europe shows us what is more precious to them.

Do we have a referee that will do his job professionally? if the answer to that is yes then of course we will beat them but again after what happened at the weekend, we know only to well that the compliance officer would have got involved and acted by now if the ce@3ic captain had been a Rangers player. So unfortunately, don't hold your breath, this blatant cheating has been going on for years and still we do not act on it. Ce@#ic once again get the millions, that is what's important to them, not the trophies. Their abysmal record in Europe shows us what is more precious to them.
Wish winning the league year on year was precious to us to be fair.

We have to sort ourselves out sharp. We need to make tactical tweaks to the midfield especially for the weekend.

As it stands, I think we will likely be on the end of a doing. Our players don’t have the stomach for the atmosphere they’ll be going into.

Im always a glass half full when it comes to Rangers and I think as most supporters would be when supporting their team. However, I am getting feelings of another tough day at their midden.

No leaders, multiple injuries and a team in average form is bad enough going there but all the distractions this week for the players cant help. Silva going at our fans, Barasic being confronted and Cantwell posting cryptic pish on instagram doesnt show a cohesive team. I cant see Tav pulling them together on the day. I see them bottling it from the moment they step off the bus as we miss having players like Arfield who would enjoy swaggering past the seeth as he steps off the bus....

Meanwhile they have no pressure and no upset with their build up and will be fully focused...it feels like it can only go one way unfortunately but you never know. We are due a bit of luck at their place, a pen or a red card could change it.

Yes we can,if the players dont let the occassion and the enormity of the game get in to their heads.
Remember its only the tramps we are playing not a European superpower.
We need the team that beat Real Betis home and away to turn up,stand up and ram the trannys words down his throat.

I've been asking myself this question for weeks and the answer is, no, I don't think we have it in us to do it looking at past performances.

Will that stop me being a nervous wreck and shouting at the top of my lungs at the TV, will it F%$&. It's a one off game, anything can happen. There's not a better time to finally get it right this season against them.

I am usually optimistic but this lot have sucked the hope out of me. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if we beat them on Saturday then either lose to Dundee on Wednesday or lose the league on goal difference.

We just need to be switched on from the start, the amount of times we have conceded goals from lack of concentration and awareness is shocking. Losing cheap avoidable goals is what puts us on the back foot.
We all know the Japanese players are going to come straight out the blocks and closing us down fast, we need to expect that.

Last edited:
If Hearts can win there then we can but our players need to be fully focused and everyone of them needs to be on it. If we had everyone available I would be confident but having no wingers at all is a huge, huge problem for us. Dessers the striker who doesn't like to shoot first time is still our first choice.

Going there with the mindset we can’t win is nuts,We go there believing we can win is the plan.
What’s the point if we’re losing before the team gets on the bus.

Every one on it put 100% in from the start they are not world beaters yes they think they and to just turn up on Sunday to win well let’s get steaming into them beat them and they will implode come on one last big effort no point in just sitting back push forward shut them down for 90mins FFS.

Last edited:
I would like us to mix it up a bit in the first half, instead of trying to play it through the press and getting caught play some long balls and get them turned

no, this team doesn't have the stones to go there & win. not that we would be allowed to win anyway, watch another perfectly good goal be chopped off, or a stonewall penalty claim dismissed

Going there with the mindset we can’t win is nuts,We go there believing we can win is the plan.
What’s the point if we’re losing before the team gets on the bus.
We need to be going there with the intent to win and win by a few given the GD.

Going along hoping not to take a tanking is what’s going to be in the heads of some these wet wipes sadly.

We can win, and if we do I can't see it being anymore than a one goal victory. If that's the case we'll need to absolutely batter Dundee on the Tuesday to have a chance the last game of the season, as they'll put a good few past st'mirren.

Hard for me to imagine anything other than us capitulating again. I just don’t have any faith that this team can get results when it matters.

We fall apart whenever there is pressure on us to get a result, and that’s not just against the perverts see the Ross County, Motherwell and Dundee games recently.

Going by recent games against Them , we haven’t shown enough to give us confidence but it’s football and anything can happen I suppose
I hope so but doubt it tbh. Also due to goal difference, to win the league I think we need a win by 2 goals. That would leave us 1 GD behind, but also less goals scored, however then we're at home to Dundee next game while they're away to Kilmarnock. If we were to then pump Dundee and they scrape a win at Kilmarnock, it could leave us just needing a win by a single goal against a Hearts who have nothing to play for.

Edited to add - Hopefully St Mirren beat Kilmarnock next game so they still have something to play for last game of the season against Celtic.

Player wise we are as good as them.
Unfortunately I’m not sure we have the mentality of champions, some of our players are like rabbits in headlights against them.
I hope they prove me wrong but this squad have let us down too many times against them
Are we? We've got a better keeper, both defences are garbage, their midfield is better and so is their attackers.

We absolutely don’t need to beat them by a considerable margin. Beat them by one goal and we can overturn the goal difference against Dundee on the Tuesday or even against Hearts.
Yep, lets focus on getting the win first of all. Do that, anything can happen in the last two games.

Our best bet is for us to draw against them, but rely on Kilmarnock to beat them?
%^*& the draw get intae the peado bastards .
Audience figures record breaking again no doubt worldwide. Let them show the world what they are really like with there (approved)
banners ,songs , statues of peado enablers, hate filled gauntlet to and from stadium , all of which is assisted by the most corrupt, and inept organisation in world sport.
%^*& every single last one of them. Can hear PCs after match words now............. like the lady's front bottom from think it was ................ Chris Sutton , Big Jock, Humza , Bono , Westlife , Rod the prod , Martin Compost , Jimmy Savile , Shoo Keevins , "" your boys took one hellava beating""

Usually optimistic regardless of past events but just struggle with this one.

You just know from the off that their cynical fouls that stop us breaking etc are barely a free kick, whereas the first transgression we make and the cards start coming out, then we're walking a tightrope and the mutants in the crowd stay on the ref

%^*& the draw get intae the peado bastards .
Audience figures record breaking again no doubt worldwide. Let them show the world what they are really like with there (approved)
banners ,songs , statues of peado enablers, hate filled gauntlet to and from stadium , all of which is assisted by the most corrupt, and inept organisation in world sport.
%^*& every single last one of them. Can hear PCs after match words now............. like the lady's front bottom from ■■■ think it was ................ Chris Sutton , Big Jock, Humza , Bono , Westlife , Rod the prod , Martin Compost , Jimmy Savile , Shoo Keevins , "" your boys took one hellava beating""
Edit Norway flag missing between from and ...think .....

Usually optimistic regardless of past events but just struggle with this one.

You just know from the off that their cynical fouls that stop us breaking etc are barely a free kick, whereas the first transgression we make and the cards start coming out, then we're walking a tightrope and the mutants in the crowd stay on the ref
This is it in a nutshell.

Even if we are up for the battle, Collum will allow them to rein us in with tactical fouls.

And if we get off to a bad start, Collum will do all he can to keep us down and allow them to keep their momentum going.

This has all the hallmarks of a horrific day for us. Sincerely hope I'm wrong but the players look like they've downed tools and the CFC players have a deep ingrained disdain for us, and the ones who grew up as Rangers fans, especially so, so they will be right up for it.

Have we got it in us to beat them? Yes.
Will we? I don't know.
However, we as a team, club and support must have the belief that we can or we would be as well not turning up.
A win on Saturday takes the league to the end the last game of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back