Do we have it in us to beat Them on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would feel a lot more positive about Saturday if I knew we were going to have 7,500 Bears in the trenches at the piggery. As it is the team will be on their own. The level of goading and intimidation will be off the scale.

The answer is we do … the big thing will be a) can we keep a clean sheet and not have a defensive howler as we have been doing of late.
b) can we be clinical and take our limited chances

If and it’s a huge if we can do both then we have a chance to win, if I had my last £10 would I bet on us to do it - no I wouldn’t.

It pains me to say this but going on past performances i just can’t see the core serial bottlers that is the spine of our team doing anything other than crapping the bed. We’ll probably go 2 goals down before having a late rally and getting a goal but not having the quality to turn it around.

At least when Gerrard was in charge he changed the mentality when playing them and treated them with the utter contempt they deserve. We can only hope big Phil somehow manages to get them to prove us all wrong and somehow win.

If we can’t go to the piggery and beat them then we deserve all we get, I’d be amazed if this current squad goes there and beats them on Saturday I really hope they prove me wrong.

If we can’t go to the piggery and beat them then we deserve all we get, I’d be amazed if this current squad goes there and beats them on Saturday I really hope they prove me wrong.
The fact we haven't beat them in two home games one of which their backline was atrocious suggests we have no chance. Sir Walter's teams weren't always the best to watch, but by god they went to that shit tip and gave everything they had which brings success.

Come Saturday I'll be jumping around thinking we are going to go there and win comfortably, but right now my head is telling me that we bottle it every time we need to get a result against them. I don't think we are good enough at the back and we aren't clinical enough up front. Also think the midfield are too unpredictable in terms of how up for it they can get themselves. If all of that goes against us, I expect a similar result to what we always seem to get at their midden in recent times.

Genuinely hope I'm wrong and will be absolutely praying I am cone Saturday.

I would feel a lot more positive about Saturday if I knew we were going to have 7,500 Bears in the trenches at the piggery. As it is the team will be on their own. The level of goading and intimidation will be off the scale.
Celtic didn't seem affected by this at Ibrox.
The last game at the Glitterdome we actually did ok but lost.
The team's belief seems to have dwindled somewhat however this is a big challenge for Phil to instruct the players.
Would be surprised with a win but don't rule out a draw to give us a glimmer.

It’s not going to happen
Reason being is Clement will be sticking with the same team and maybe throw Scott Wright in as his curveball at best.

The team has no leaders.

It’ll be a painful one.

Genuinely don’t see the point of this sort of drivel. It’s not fans who need to go out and win the game, fans confidence or lack of is based on what they see the team do.

There have been bumps in the road as Clement alluded to when he joined. But the fact of the matter is we have been the best team in the league since he took over. Which is some achievement, given we have endured some of the most unfortunate injury luck that I can remember. They are rightly favourites but I'm not writing our chances off at all, not by a long shot.

There have been bumps in the road as Clement alluded to when he joined. But the fact of the matter is we have been the best team in the league since he took over. Which is some achievement, given we have endured some of the most unfortunate injury luck that I can remember. They are rightly favourites but I'm not writing our chances off at all, not by a long shot.
But we’ve bottled it at the most crucial moment. Our backline shat the bed against them, and we then failed to beat Ross County and Dundee. Pathetic isn’t even strong enough a word for that!

It will take a massive increase in our self belief and a much more aggressive start for us to win on Saturday
As another poster said, our terrible finishing will be our undoing and a central defensive pairing of Souttar and Davies will give me palpitations
If they have an off day and we score first we may have a slim chance
Let’s hope Dessers can find an early goal

FFS Bears ! Why are the fans having a go at the players when they are walking to their cars, what is that supposed to do ?
If the gears get an early goal the unwashed will turn on Honest Brenda.

We can win on Saturday, no question.
I’m a glass half full so I always think we’ll win
It’s not Uber, I just have confidence in my team no matter what

Going by recent games against Them , we haven’t shown enough to give us confidence but it’s football and anything can happen I suppose
It's them and the match officials we have to beat!

If we can show hunger, controlled aggression and shoot goals on sight we are halfway there!

If we can manage mark press and defend in numbers and pace with given no funny goals or silly mistakes that may cause a goal then we are 3/4 of the way there!

If we win the midfield battle along with the above and as a whole take out interference from match officials or match officials actually do their job without prejudice we win 2-0

If we play snail pace and no pressure nor close man to man marking when out of possession then we lose!

I believe 100% that this core of players do not have the minerals to go there and not shit it. Christ we shat it at home. That’s why I want a reset in the Sumer and all the senior leadership gone. Just do it PC.

Heart says one thing head the other.

Then there’s the typical Rangers scenario that says we do then %^*& it all up again against scumdee.

FFS Bears ! Why are the fans having a go at the players when they are walking to their cars, what is that supposed to do ?
If the gears get an early goal the unwashed will turn on Honest Brenda.
Anyone doing that is a complete and utter tadger. Sadly we have our fair share of them

No is the short answer, but obviously I hope I'm wrong. My main hope is that our captain doesn't donate them a goal early in the game, but that is not based on much, as he never seems to learn from his mistakes ; giving Killie a goal, trying to give St Boo one in the previous game, etc, etc.

Yes, we do.

However for me, it is absolutely imperative that we score the first goal and even more so that we ride the inevitable storm, that they are going to hit us with in the first 15/20 minutes.

If the score is 0-0 at half time, doubt will set in amongst their players and support, the atmosphere will simmer down and anxiety will creep in. If we can then get our foot on the ball, keep possession and put them under pressure, I can see us growing into the game.

We need every player on top of their game, but we have gone away to Betis and Benfica this season and got positive results, this Celtic team are not as good as either of those sides.

This game is as good as a cup final, whoever wins takes the title.

100% Yes we can win. Defensive errors and referee decisions have played a part in the first 3 games. If we can cut out the mistakes we have a big chance. As always the first 20 mins will be crucial, don't concede early and we will win. #KeepBelieving

We all see how nervous certain players in our ranks get when they do their 1000 mph tornado like start. Tav, Barisic, Goldson all look stunned by it despite it happening every game we play against them.

Then on the flip side anytime we get a foothold back in the game they absolutely panic and are all over the shop too. That second half last month they were an absolute riot second half. The last 10-15 mins in the 2-1 December game too.

It is for that very reason I remain optimistic that if (and it’s a big IF) we can get the first goal and play on the front foot we can silence their crowd and come away convincing winners. We need to first show the right attitude and belief from the outset and then we need to take one of the chances we will create and then we need VaR to %^*& off and not chop it off.

Yes, we do.

However for me, it is absolutely imperative that we score the first goal and even more so that we ride the inevitable storm, that they are going to hit us with in the first 15/20 minutes.

If the score is 0-0 at half time, doubt will set in amongst their players and support, the atmosphere will simmer down and anxiety will creep in. If we can then get our foot on the ball, keep possession and put them under pressure, I can see us growing into the game.

We need every player on top of their game, but we have gone away to Betis and Benfica this season and got positive results, this Celtic team are not as good as either of those sides.

This game is as good as a cup final, whoever wins takes the title.
Tend to agree.

I think we're all half expecting/fearing the usual performance there where they come flying out the traps and take the lead within the first 20 minutes - every game this season they've scored first and it's left us chasing, yet we've finished every game stronger (appreciating circumstances have made that the case with us having to chase and them sitting in).

I'd imagine their fans/team are confident of the same story repeating again, so it's up to us to flip the switch and put doubt in their minds by keeping it tight and grabbing that crucial first goal. It's a while since they've had to deal with that vs us, particularly at their own ground, so hopefully we can put them under that pressure.

In terms of the title, I think if it comes down to goal difference we'd need a 2 goal victory at Parkhead to be honest as it's a big gap to close otherwise, especially with them having a (relatively) straightforward home game to finish, but a win for us on Saturday (followed up with a good win over Dundee), and the pressure is straight back on them going to a ground they've already lost twice at this season. Hopefully we can make that happen...

We need to take our chances, the difference between us in recent games has simply been they take their chances, we can't afford for Dessers or whoever to miss a sitter at 0-0

But we’ve bottled it at the most crucial moment. Our backline shat the bed against them, and we then failed to beat Ross County and Dundee. Pathetic isn’t even strong enough a word for that!

Celtic shat the bed against Hearts twice this season. Have struggled badly against Kilmarnock where they still have to go to. They also bottled a two goal lead at Ibrox.

It’s not going to happen
Reason being is Clement will be sticking with the same team and maybe throw Scott Wright in as his curveball at best.

The team has no leaders.

It’ll be a painful one.

We haven't beat Celtic at Parkhead in what, 3 years? And the only reason that will continue is due to the manager having to pick from an injury ravaged squad? Yeah, that's 'the reason'.

Not a chance in hell does this team win on Saturday there mince we all know it roll on next season with a new squad hopefully
I mean, thats just not true though is it? We may not win but this group of players, or most anyway, have beaten far, far better teams than celtic and in games of a similar magnitude.

Yes we do. The other games this season have all been tight and we've had chances to score.

If the players didn't have the ability the league would be over by now.

A draw wouldn’t be a total catastrophe, they can still go on to lose at Killie. We’d have to scud Dundee at Ibrox then it’s just a final day shootout.

There’s a ‘Blaine from Predator’ GIF I’d like to post but it’d probably be a hate crime these days!

But some posters need to find their testes. Of course it’ll be difficult but the day we give up is the day we may as well fold the club.

Over the three games so far this season we have had decisions go against us in every single one of them. There has not been more than a goal in any of the games and there is three points between the sides.

Anyone admitting defeat before a ball is kicked would be aswell just calling it a day

Like the rest of us, I will be sitting watching, obviously hoping for a win.
Reality is, i fear we could be on the end of a beating.

I said at the time, we blew it at Ibrox, we had to beat them there.
They now have everything in their favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back