Do we have it in us to beat Them on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
our Mindset and own self belief, makes me think we will get beat. Yet I always have hope in this team and I am not sure why?

If we get to half time level or ahead then I believe that it’s in our own hands. They tend to run out of steam around the 65+ minute. But if they come out the traps as usual at 100 mph we will have to hang in there.
It’s up to the players concentrating for every minute. It’s a must win for us.
We need to take every chance we get and be switched on when they have a throw in, they will have their wee neds throwing the ball back instantly….

We can but I don't know if we'll be allowed to.

They're so over confident I want our guys to give them a bloody nose. But they have Collum and his mates to fall back on if our players do get their act together on Saturday.

I'd be pleasantly stunned if this group of players take anything from there on Saturday.

Every area of our team has serious issues and weaknesses.

My expectations are set very, very low.
Hate to admit it but I share your view. Hope im wrong.

For me we need to line up compact to win the midfield battle, I would go with the following

Butland
Tav
Balogun (if fit)
Soutar
Ridvan

Sterling diomande lundstrum

Cantwell. Mattondo (if fit)

Silva (as a surprise)

Bring on Dessers for silva at halftime
Bring on sima (if he is fit enough for 45) for Mattondo

You have the option of Raskin for lundstrum
Mcausland too for fresh legs

I'm usually of the happy clapper variety but I hold out no hope of a Rangers win unfortunately.

Is it Dec 2019 for our last win at Parkhead with a supporters in the stadium?

Shamefull really.

I'm usually of the happy clapper variety but I hold out no hope of a Rangers win unfortunately.

Shamefull really.
fúck me, that's truly depressing to read

Opinion based on blind faith, law of averages and J&B, we’re pumping them. Would love to get it right up that over confident and opinionated blob fish, crispy lipped cahnt. 3-0 Teddies.

We are the better footballing side.

Besides a brief blip in recent weeks, we have clearly seen that since Clement came in.

I don't think they'll have anything for us on Saturday. 3-1 Rangers.
I’m not having that. Our passing and close control is poor, we’re slow and ponderous, and our decision making in the final third is terrible.

Shamefull really.
We’ve had 6 wins in 24 years at Parkhead. Shocking

As I see it the pressure is all on them. Just get at them early and they will collapse.

3-1 us.
Would love that result but the pressure is all on us. They don’t need to win. We do. Need to win and then a lot of other things to go in our favour afterwards as well. Even a point all but secures the title for them.

I think we have more chance of winning purely because no one expects us to! If the title was still purely in our hands (goal difference aside) and we were favourites we would bottle it 100%. But the fact we are such outsiders and the fear of effectively handing them the title at the midden makes me confident we will get at least a draw.

I don't think I've ever witnessed a Celtic manager being so arrogant and confident going into an old firm game.

Hate to admit it but I share your view. Hope im wrong.

For me we need to line up compact to win the midfield battle, I would go with the following

Butland
Tav
Balogun (if fit)
Soutar
Ridvan

Sterling diomande lundstrum

Cantwell. Mattondo (if fit)

Silva (as a surprise)

Bring on Dessers for silva at halftime
Bring on sima (if he is fit enough for 45) for Mattondo

You have the option of Raskin for lundstrum
Mcausland too for fresh legs
Bit of a shite surprise that lol

Cant see us winning with the present squad. Had all our players been fit it could have been different. I dont like this always cheated and not defeated attitude. They have been the better side so far and it is up to CP and the team on the park to score the goals we need. I expect we will need Killie to beat them as a three nil win over them is I feel beyond us.
However every so often football can turn up a freak result and who knows we might run out 4 nil winners.
We can only hope but my support will still be there and I will not be sacking managers or boards if we lose but look forward to a new era with PC.
2 - 1 for us would be fine and we then hit Hearts for the goals we need.
I think most would just settle for any sort of win on Saturday then hope the other results go our way.

I found myself thinking back to when Walter returned when he steered a team that had looked utterly abject up until then to a win at Parkhead.

Sometimes it’s about more than the squad.

The stats re our results posted over rhe last 24 years at the Piggery for me clearly show an overall mentality issue rather than anything else as we have won titles during that time
This is what needs to change
Other teams (Hearts & Kilmarnock) in the league rhis season have gone there this season & put in decent performances & got results
Aberdeen were a penalty shoot out from putting them out of the Scottish cup.
Did the Bheasts not try against these teams?
Did the Bheasts set up to allow us to score four 2nd half goals a few weeks ago?
Of course they didn't, it's a tight title race because there is not much between the teams & that includes them having the benefit of OF games going their way.
Tactics will come into it up to a point but for me it will be the mentality that wins this game.
Outwith a lucky or bad break It will all come down to the individual battles in each position & for 1 game this is what our players need to focus on & believe they will win those battles
Tav need to believe he is stopping Maeda
Dessers needs to believe when he gets his chances he takes them
Sterling needs to believe given the chance he will dominate Mcgregor with his physicality
From there on the game will be won by the team who's players win most of these battles and we need to start believing in ourselves and stop believing in them & their hype

Would love that result but the pressure is all on us. They don’t need to win. We do. Need to win and then a lot of other things to go in our favour afterwards as well. Even a point all but secures the title for them.
They practically have it in the bag so we have nothing to lose.

Be very very surprised if we win on Saturday.
We just haven't got the quality in all areas.
Clement will have to perform some kind of miracle tactically.

It's must win for us, but remember it is must not lose for Celtic.

If we win on Saturday I am convinced they will drop points in their final two games, whereas we will win both of ours.

Of course we can beat them, we’ve got nothing to lose and everything to gain, I’d rather get beat trying, those cũnts are shite and we’ve been robbed in every game against them this season…. Just fũcking give it everything Rangers, we’re not beat yet..

Bit of a shite surprise that lol
They won’t be expecting him to play through the middle. All of their prep work will have went into stopping a shot shy striker who they’ve easily stopped in previous three games…..but yeah we will just go into this game with an obvious play.

Silva might have been poor recently but I only said play him for first half only, we have to try and spring a surprise on them, we need to get on front foot.

Madness is doing the same thing over and over again whilst expecting change. Should we approach this game the obvious way PC has went into the previous 2 OF games he’s been in charge of in terms of shape, then we have had it.

The terrible surprise PC tried last time by playing Scott wright was mental, I’ve yet to find a single bear who was happy with that line up and wasn’t thinking the worst when we found out the line up.

Answer to OP is undoubtedly Yes we can do it.
Ability wise we can.
Mentality wise - I doubt it.
I just dont think our team believes we can beat them after so many disappointments in recent years.

I am being super picky here but one thing that tells me about their thinking… the last 20 minutes against a dog tired 10 men of kilmarnock and there was just no urgency to score a LOT more goals. Ok we made it 4-1 right at the end but a team who believed they COULD win at piggery and win the title would have been going flat out to score 6,7,8 goals. Even if we do win on Saturday it might still not be enough just based on goal difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back