Don Robertson apologised to Mcinnes for allowing celtic's goal to stand

I believe the general reason for reffing mistakes is that they're shite.

We think they're cheats and Celtic think they're cheats.

Then you have the other ten teams who think the refs cheat in the two big teams favour. The whole league is calling them cheats they can't be cheating everyone.

If you watch the highlights of every spl game other than just the ones with Rangers and Celtic in them, you'll see that there's absolutely ridiculous ref and var decisions in every game, just like there often are in ours.

Watch every team all season and it's a level playing field when it comes to refereeing. If your a Celtic fan that generally only watches Celtic you'll naturally feel like Celtic are cheated. If you are a Rangers fan and generally only watch Rangers you'll naturally feel like Rangers are cheated, as you will never be looking at it from any other angle or any other teams perspective.

The reality is it happens to every team because the refs are shite and var needs major improvement work.

And the reality is we lost the league because we weren't good enough.

That's my stance and won't be pulled into arguing it any further. Each to their own.
Nailed it.

Then you have the other ten teams who think the refs cheat in the two big teams favour. The whole league is calling them cheats they can't be cheating everyone.

If you watch the highlights of every spl game other than just the ones with Rangers and Celtic in them, you'll see that there's absolutely ridiculous ref and var decisions in every game, just like there often are in ours.

Watch every team all season and it's a level playing field when it comes to refereeing. If your a Celtic fan that generally only watches Celtic you'll naturally feel like Celtic are cheated. If you are a Rangers fan and generally only watch Rangers you'll naturally feel like Rangers are cheated, as you will never be looking at it from any other angle or any other teams perspective.

The reality is it happens to every team because the refs are shite and var needs major improvement work.

That's my stance and won't be pulled into arguing it any further. Each to their own.
You’re right to a certain extend but give me one instance of a game changing decision that’s went against Celtic this season? Serious question, I can give you at least 5 or 6 that have went against us.

Drivel.

There is no equivalence.

Of course there is. Ask Hibs fans how they feel about handballs not given for them, penalties in the derby wrongly awarded for hearts, St mirren fans about numerous mistakes and Dundee also.
I've read quite a few of your contributions to threads on FF and frankly, I don't give a %^*& what you think.

Dont know, ask them.
Come on, the filth get less bookings, sending offs and penalties against and they have to commit significantly more fouls per booking. Every major decision in the decisive matches against us have gone in the filths favour…oh and they’ve won 24 of the last 27 available trophies.

In fact over the history of Scottish professional football competition the filth have had less bookings, sendings off, pens against than any other club and more penalties for…therefore I’ll beg the same question.

Why would the filth hate refs? Based on their demographic there seems to be a significantly greater amount of filth loving refs, not inadvertently, but by design, imho. They were certainly the filths insurance policy this season, especially due to the fact that they are going to be paying out significant money to their abuse victims in terms of the class action…and then there’s the circa 200 more who will need paying.

Filthy corrupt club which has Scotlands football and establishment in its thrall.

My goodness!!!!

The Rogue SFA Mega ensuring that the Mhob get over the line.

Collum and Robertson just to make sure -well done Willie Bhoy instead of being sacked for utter incompetence/cheating you are rewarded in the a league that VAR has PROVEN to resemble the shadiest tin-pot countries in the world.

Hilarious and unbelievably TERRIFYING if Rangers accept this scandalous situation for another season.

RANDOM officials for EVERY game drawn out of a jar might give us -and other teams a chance.
Random English or European refs would be nice, we should insist.

First goal was a disgrace from officials. No surprise when Robertson is involved with them.

Blatant foul for a start, Robertson has clear view and doesn’t give it. Doesn’t stop game despite it being clear head knock. Then to rub salt into wounds the goal is tapped in from position Deas would have been in, had he not been whacked in face.

Then VAR doesn’t think to ask Robertson to go and have a look. Greg Aitken sh*tting himself from them, again!

Absolute joke, an apology isn’t enough. Aitken needs to lose his job for a start.

Come on, the filth get less bookings, sending offs and penalties against and they have to commit significantly more fouls per booking. Every major decision in the decisive matches against us have gone in the filths favour…oh and they’ve won 24 of the last 27 available trophies.

In fact over the history of Scottish professional football competition the filth have had less bookings, sendings off, pens against than any other club and more penalties for…therefore I’ll beg the same question.

Why would the filth hate refs? Based on their demographic there seems to be a significantly greater amount of filth loving refs, not inadvertently, but by design, imho. They were certainly the filths insurance policy this season, especially due to the fact that they are going to be paying out significant money to their abuse victims in terms of the class action…and then there’s the circa 200 more who will need paying.

Filthy corrupt club which has Scotlands football and establishment in its thrall.

This incident encapsulates everything where refs and Celtc are concerned.

Imagine a Rangers player already on a booking avoiding a second yellow for this incident. ?

This incident encapsulates everything where refs and Celtc are concerned.

Imagine a Rangers player already on a booking avoiding a second yellow for this incident. ?

somebody will complain at you for bringing that up constantly, having a go at their heroes, the refs who do nothing wrong :(

nobody denies the refs aren't shite but if they were consistently shite with everyone getting bad decisions, then we could come to that conclusion. There is only one "game changing" (if you can call it that) decision they've had this season against them, the Hearts game when their player was correctly sent off. Rodgers whinged about it, the refs went back into helper mode as they had been in all season

I’ve said this since the Refs strike, the Scum have Liewells men in black in their pocket. Our Board MUST! grow balls and call them out time after time, give credit where credits due, they know we turn the Presbyterian Cheek, and won’t say a word. We have to try to speak as a united voice, and there’s not one team that’s been a woeful decision in favour of the Scum get them on board. Every cheating decision must be fought by Liewells Men In Black, starting with our Board!
Good luck with that.

I know it wouldn’t make a difference now to the league title but how many times are we going to allow referees to get away with blatant cheating?
When Celtic lose their grip on the power they now have. That's not going to be easy, because the rest of the country outside of us couldn't care less. In fact with the way they jumped on the politically correct bandwagon that has swept many countries, they have used anti irish/racism to full effect. To the point where they have the sympathy of once again, people outwith us. Uproar up north with an orange walk planned, i doubt there would be any problems with a st Patrick's day parade in any of these places.

somebody will complain at you for bringing that up constantly, having a go at their heroes, the refs who do nothing wrong :(

nobody denies the refs aren't shite but if they were consistently shite with everyone getting bad decisions, then we could come to that conclusion. There is only one "game changing" (if you can call it that) decision they've had this season against them, the Hearts game when their player was correctly sent off. Rodgers whinged about it, the refs went back into helper mode as they had been in all season

That incident at Pittodrie, when Celtc were already 0-1 down, is probably the worst and most blatant act of cheating by a ref that I've seen in decades.

I still find it staggering that the ref McLean wasn't immediately demoted and an investigation held into the incident.

Imagine the media fall-out if that involved a Rangers defender. ? But since it isn't, it has been forgotten about already.

That incident at Pittodrie, when Celtc were already 0-1 down, is probably the worst and most blatant act of cheating by a ref that I've seen in decades.

I still find it staggering that the ref McLean wasn't immediately demoted and an investigation held into the incident.

Imagine the media fall-out if that involved a Rangers defender. ? But since it isn't, it has been forgotten about already.
Agreed , was so blatant

The time to call out potentially biased officials was after the 2-1 game at their midden when Clancy gave the most outrageous performance. The only time I’ve heard other fans comment on the ref favouring them versus us it was that obvious.

Rangers missed a massive chance to nail a cheat to the wall and place a marker down.

Maybe they are all Celtic fans but Clancy is a whole different level of cheat. I tend to think of the rest as either unconsciously biased or terrified of their media machine.

This is the fallacy of false equivalence. It assumes that the ‘truth’ must always lie between people holding different views.

Historically, though, Rangers fans have been relatively loath to criticise referees or use them as an excuse. We have a completely different mentality.

The introduction of VAR has shown that both Rangers and Celtic should probably have had more penalties in the past against the smaller clubs rather than fewer.

The giveaway for me is that while statistical evidence has shown bias in favour of Celtic (beneficial VAR decisions, fouls per yellow card, the timing of yellow cards and so on) we simply don’t get this from people who would like us to move on. It reminds me of the time when Celtic paranoia was at its height over referees (and older bears have a huge advantage here because we can see exactly how the current situation has developed) Bob Crampsey revealed that Celtic had been awarded more penalties than Rangers in Old Firm matches.

Unless the referee apologists bring some evidence to the table that ‘decisions even themselves out’ it is hard to take them seriously.

I see only one genuine grievance Celtic have had this season in terms of major calls (Hearts penalty, Tynecastle) yet dozens of beneficial decisions. Only a couple of weeks ago we say a blatant stamp by McGregor ignored while in the Kilmarnock match Robertson ignored a head knock in the less up to a Celtic goal. Robertson, of course, had only a few weeks ago refused to award a blatant penalty against Celtic in the Cup semi-final.

The appointment of Collum as referee supremo shows how corrupt the whole thing has become.

This is the fallacy of false equivalence. It assumes that the ‘truth’ must always lie between people holding different views.

Historically, though, Rangers fans have been relatively loath to criticise referees or use them as an excuse. We have a completely different mentality.

The introduction of VAR has shown that both Rangers and Celtic should probably have had more penalties in the past against the smaller clubs rather than fewer.

The giveaway for me is that while statistical evidence has shown bias in favour of Celtic (beneficial VAR decisions, fouls per yellow card, the timing of yellow cards and so on) we simply don’t get this from people who would like us to move on. It reminds me of the time when Celtic paranoia was at its height over referees (and older bears have a huge advantage here because we can see exactly how the current situation has developed) Bob Crampsey revealed that Celtic had been awarded more penalties than Rangers in Old Firm matches.

Unless the referee apologists bring some evidence to the table that ‘decisions even themselves out’ it is hard to take them seriously.

I see only one genuine grievance Celtic have had this season in terms of major calls (Hearts penalty, Tynecastle) yet dozens of beneficial decisions. Only a couple of weeks ago we say a blatant stamp by McGregor ignored while in the Kilmarnock match Robertson ignored a head knock in the less up to a Celtic goal. Robertson, of course, had only a few weeks ago refused to award a blatant penalty against Celtic in the Cup semi-final.

The appointment of Collum as referee supremo shows how corrupt the whole thing has become.
I do agree that Celtic are much worse than us when using it as at an excuse and that their general fan base is always making excuses when they lose, always cheated etc etc. My post was about stating that I don't think anyone is being out and out cheated.

I do agree that Celtic are much worse than us when using it as at an excuse and that their general fan base is always making excuses when they lose, always cheated etc etc. My post was about stating that I don't think anyone is being out and out cheated.
Can you provide stats or examples that would show this?

Look at the foul Dhon boy managed to see in the semi final for Aberdeen against his beloved to deny them a late penalty kick , a decision that was called “ astonishing “ by a commentator who’s no friend of Rangers

Look at the soft penalty he awarded Celtic early in the match against hearts away a few weeks back , a game changing wee early lift up

How he ignores the head / face knock on the Killie player the other night and allows play to continue to which they then score an early goal from , the fact VAR didn’t call it out is criminal when you consider how far back they were prepared to go to find fault with Dessers goal at Ibrox

There’s loads more with this particular official

Robertson , like Collum , Clancy , Francis Conner , Sean Carr , Daniel McFarlane and Alan Mulvanney are incapable of officiating Rangers or Celtic for that matter in an impartial manner , I’d call them cheats as we are being officiated to a different standard, look at the foul to card ratio season after season it’s skewed

See if you can Spot the common denominator …

If the unwashed were on the receiving end of the game changing decisions we have been not just all season but in particular the first 3 old firm games it would never be out the press , they still go on about a penalty kick we were awarded in 2010 at the Theatre of Screams , 14 years ago ffs

The minute we were getting close this season the pressure on officials got ramped up resulting in their manager getting a laughable one game ban , when they went back in front …. Silence

Scottish football stinks and the media are playing a huge part in it

Can you provide stats or examples that would show this?
No. Because I'm not debating which team suffers from more bad decisions. That was never the argument. I'm simply stating that I think it's due to poor refereeing and not a case of out and out cheating.

No the point is regardless of winning the league why do you think it’s ok for referees to cheat and assist one club would you be so glib if that one situation caused us to lose the league?
apparently it would be our own fault for not scoring enough goals etc

Of course there is. Ask Hibs fans how they feel about handballs not given for them, penalties in the derby wrongly awarded for hearts, St mirren fans about numerous mistakes and Dundee also.
there is the common denominator
every club has cause to complain, except one
guess who

Its quite amazing how many posters tell you bad decisions are happening to Celtic all the time then cannot answer what happened in which game. The truth is the refereeing for Celtic is always excellent and has been since we returned. Even if people are being honest and never watch them(difficult to believe when there was a title race) you can see it in the old firms, everything is done by officials to assist and be confident there is nothing for them to complan about.

The stuff on here about terrible refereeing in every single game between 2 small clubs is also a complete lie.

Dykes done the same thing on his podcast when they were putting some pressure on refs for the run-in, he(it is a guy im 90 per cent sure) was suggesting over and over the refs are all Rangers men massive fans of the club so being fair to Celtic is impossible. It is hard to believe he did not have an idea this was not even true but ofcourse him and his guests did not have any examples of poor refereeing. Just the usual sfa and nat. Only the Hearts game which they might have went on to win had the scored an incredibly soft penalty.

They might not cheat in all games but they do cheat in our games. All the time.
And he'll cheat us today in a meaningless game. Watch out for red cards to miss next week

Back