Doncaster admits he had concerns over VAR but the clubs wanted it

Let that one sink in.

The guy we pay to oversee our game wanted us to remain as the only league in the “top” European leagues not to have it.

Fuc.k me sideways.

“The Swedish League doesn’t have it” might be the most pitiful justification of being in favour of abject mediocrity ever uttered by someone who calls themselves a CEO.

13 penalties we have got this season only because of VAR.

It has its flaws no doubt along with the inept clowns operating it but I dare say the mentally challengeds would already have had the title wrapped up if it wasn’t here.
We've also been royally fucked over in the 3 old firm games this season with VAR.

Has this twat not previously said he is only there to implement the will of the clubs? If so, why the %^*& is he even offering an opinion on this?
Aye that was his patter in 2012 when everyone and their dug was sticking the boot into us.

We've also been royally fucked over in the 3 old firm games this season with VAR.
That’s what I mean by the clowns operating VAR. I agree with you that it’s been an absolute shambles at crucial times for us this season but it’s also highlighted how much refs are scared to give us penalties (Beaton) or have been forced to because of VAR (Clancy).

Personally I’d rather have it than not but it needs massively reformed.

Anyway Doncaster is a dick.

I know some folk on here don’t like VAR either but I’m of the opinion that fans of certain other clubs are now greeting about it because they ain’t getting away with half the shit that they used to. I personally am for VAR.

The problem isn't VAR
It's how it's operated and who is operating it that's the problem

They have to do something to communicate better why decisions are being made.

It's just about the only major sport now where refs don't explain the decisions and the rule they refer to on the PA.

It's not a difficult thing to do and would remove a lot of the controversy around what's being done.

Well that's weird, considering that this is what he said two years ago. I wonder what's changed, maybe Rangers getting penalties that refs aren't giving in real time. :rolleyes:

Neil Doncaster, Chief Executive of the SPFL, said: “I’m very pleased that we received the necessary 75% votes in the cinch Premiership, the cinch Championship, and cinch Leagues 1 and 2, which enable us to forge ahead with VAR technology next season.”

Total costs for the introduction of VAR in the cinch Premiership are anticipated to be around £1.2m per season, following an independent financial review of the costs and a benchmarking exercise carried out by the European Leagues.

The General Meeting also approved a resolution that payment for the cost of introducing and running the VAR system would be met by cinch Premiership clubs in the same proportions as the current formula which makes fee payments in line with end-of-season league positions.

This means that the cinch Premiership winners will pay approximately £195k per season, with a sliding scale to the 12th club, which will pay around £67k.

The introduction of VAR after the World Cup will allow for the necessary upgrades and installations at all cinch Premiership stadia, including fibre.

The SPFL will use the Hawkeye Innovations System, which is already in use at many leagues worldwide, including the English Premier League.

Neil Doncaster said: "The SPFL chose not to be an early adopter of VAR technology to allow time for teething issues to be ironed out by those leagues who adopted VAR early.

“I believe this was the right decision and that VAR will help referees to ensure tight decisions are more often the right ones and will support a higher standard and more consistent level of decision-making.

“Scottish referees are fully on-board with this innovation and have been overwhelmingly supportive about the introduction of VAR during our consultation process with our partners at the Scottish FA.”

We should be investing in more cameras and better technology, not trying to dump it. The trouble is Scottish football is a cheapskate, they only accepted this basic package as a goer because it was the cheapest version that complied with Europe. They could have had a much better system in place but didn’t want to fork out in the extra cameras.

Has this twat not previously said he is only there to implement the will of the clubs? If so, why the %^*& is he even offering an opinion on this?
I think he means he's only there to implement the will of one club, no other club matters to the legislators of Scottish football.

Well that's weird, considering that this is what he said two years ago. I wonder what's changed, maybe Rangers getting penalties that refs aren't giving in real time. :rolleyes:

All in black n white the lying arse licking scrote of a man,

13 penalties we have got this season only because of VAR.

It has its flaws no doubt along with the inept clowns operating it but I dare say the mentally challengeds would already have had the title wrapped up if it wasn’t here.
Someone telling the cheating and intimidated referees that "you won't get away with that" is the only thing keeping competition going in this country.

Why’s he even there if all he does is what the clubs ask him to? Is he even needed?

I’d be very surprised if he ever made a statement that he was against VAR prior to its introduction. C*nt is playing to his audience.

Yeah then we can go back to getting even less that's due to us on the pitch.
I can't fathom the thought process behind this.
Refs and linesmen are not giving stuff and they know VAR will maybe bail them out, if no VAR is there they would be inclined to give more decisions

We have been shafted in the 3 old firm games this season.

It's an atrocious pox on the modern game and it needs binned and I hope it does go.

Refs and linesmen are not giving stuff and they know VAR will maybe bail them out, if no VAR is there they would be inclined to give more decisions

We have been shafted in the 3 old firm games this season.

It's an atrocious pox on the modern game and it needs binned and I hope it does go
Of the top of my head the Morelos goal chopped off was before var , the Eduard handball goal was before var .
I'm sure there is plenty more and we would see plenty more without var.

The guys an absolute wank.

"I always said I wasn't a fan of Var."

Really? Show me a single quote ya dick.

Back