Match Thread Dundee v Rangers - 20:00 Wednesday - Sky Sports

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
Msvjxok.png

>>CLICK HERE FOR HELP WITH RANGERSTV<<

DISCUSSION OF ILLEGAL LINKS WILL RESULT IN A BAN

Hopefully a change of shape and tactics ,give us some hope and the opposition something to think about .

Right attitude, win the battles, put tackles in, high press and keep transitional shape in defence and attack. Everything we weren’t on Sunday. 3-0 and onto Hamdump.
Put pressure on, the Orcs are sh* ting it on Twitter about their Hearts and Killie games. They’re not as confident in their team as we think they are.

The manager simply cannot go with Lundstram, Dowell and Lawrence in midfield.

And we won't know where the venue will be till tomorrow; is that the case or is it Perth?
You just out a coma pal. It was confirmed this morning that it'll go ahead at Dens.

You just out a coma pal. It was confirmed this morning that it'll go ahead at Dens.

Aye, it's a don't read the rags induced coma and haven't read any threads today on the subject till now.

That's going to be fun and games tomorrow night, because it's stll going to be a quagmire of a playing surface.

Reactions: CF4
Needing a response. Any kind of win will do, but a bit of a confidence boosting one would be appreciated.

Not expecting a flawless game, just do the basics and put away your chances. The pitch is going to be a factor.

Fast and direct attacking play would be nice, we've fallen into the habit of overplaying again, since the international break. Would be nice if we stopped that, because when we are quick and direct we do damage to teams, the second half of the OF showed that.

Not arsed about the line up. Just put out a team that makes sense, nothing too elaborate. No Borna or Wright though, I'll boak if see the pair of them.

Did Dundee get a massive downpour overnight? Forecast to be dry all day but it's been sodden since September.

I'm very uneasy about this match after the appalling display on Sunday, I'm not gonna predict this one, but please Rangers just win... A scrappy 0-1 victory will do fine, but I don't think my 71 year old heart will like it though

I aint looking forward to this. Never saw Sundays result coming and it really pissed me off big time. I do not want this feeling on a Wednesday night as well and a draw would fit into that.

I had a dream last night that Big Phil was on the touch line geeing up the players during a game, and then he had his leg blown off. But he didn’t go to hospital despite everyone telling him he had his leg blown off. He insisted the game continue and he spent the rest of it hopping about the touch line shouting at the players.

Then he had the power to move the moon so he caused a solar eclipse.

2-0 Rangers.

Needing a response. Any kind of win will do, but a bit of a confidence boosting one would be appreciated.

Not expecting a flawless game, just do the basics and put away your chances. The pitch is going to be a factor.

Fast and direct attacking play would be nice, we've fallen into the habit of overplaying again, since the international break. Would be nice if we stopped that, because when we are quick and direct we do damage to teams, the second half of the OF showed that.

Not arsed about the line up. Just put out a team that makes sense, nothing too elaborate. No Borna or Wright though, I'll boak if see the pair of them.

Which means Sterling at LB with either Lawrence or Dowell in midfield. I'd rather see Borna at LB with Sterling in midfield - far from ideal but those two are junk.

Get Dessers on the bench too.

We’ve not kicked our arse performance wise since Hearts at home two months ago.

Don’t see that changing tonight, and I’m expecting more dropped points sadly.

Had hoped Ridvan and Diomande would have at least returned tonight to give us some more options, but it’s looking like it will be more of the same.

I'm very uneasy about this match after the appalling display on Sunday, I'm not gonna predict this one, but please Rangers just win... A scrappy 0-1 victory will do fine, but I don't think my 71 year old heart will like it though
I'm absolutely bricking it after that garbage on Sunday, maybe our worst result of the season, the pressure is definitely on, lose this game the season is basically over, win and it can turn the season round, it is our most important game of the season, and on a joke of a pitch it's not going to be pretty, the result is all that matters, it would still be in the our own hands, lose and it wouldn't be, 1 point behind at full time will do for me, old git loyal, WATP

Lets see if the players have "learned" anything from Sundays debacle.
There's a league and Scottish Cup that could still be won. Last chance saloon.

I can see it being a turgid 1-0 win, Sima to score.

Anyone expecting wholesale changes to the team after Sunday will be disappointed, I reckon it will be very close to the starting lineup from that game. Sterling might start ahead of Dowell but I suspect that will be it.

I've never seen a Rangers midfield under Clement so easy to play through as last Sunday's was and that was the biggest problem.
The gaps for Ross County to exploit on the counter were ridiculous.

With Diomande and Jack both unavailable, we really need someone with some defensive discipline to play alongside Lundstram and that certainly isn't Dowell.

I would probably give Raskin another go, as I would like to see Sterling back in at left back.
We get that right then we'll win with a bit to spare and I'll be coming back down the road a bit happier than I was last Sunday.

Keep winning to let us go to the scumhut a point behind and just maybe,these players can pull of a miraculous win there and get ahead of them again.
Imagine their meltdown and carnage at losing the title in their own midden,in front of their cretinous support.....delicious,keep believing bears,keep believing.

We really need to plug those gaps in midfield, but Ridvan still being out makes it tricky.

Borna left back and Sterling in midfield, or Sterling left back and bring Raskin into midfield? Lundstram with Dowell/Lawrence in midfield is just asking for a repeat of Sunday.

For me I'd go:

Butland

Tav Goldson Souttar Sterling

Raskin Lundstram

Sima Cantwell Matondo

Dessers

We had a poor game on Sunday and all of a sudden Dundee have turned into real Madrid. It's Dundee at Dens and if we turn up we'll have no problems winning the game
It’s not the team we are playing posters and fans have a fear over

We could be playing Kelty Hearts tonight and the teams bottle and mentality would be getting questioned. The players have let us down far too often.

We really need to plug those gaps in midfield, but Ridvan still being out makes it tricky.

Borna left back and Sterling in midfield, or Sterling left back and bring Raskin into midfield? Lundstram with Dowell/Lawrence in midfield is just asking for a repeat of Sunday.

For me I'd go:

Butland

Tav Goldson Souttar Sterling

Raskin Lundstram

Sima Cantwell Matondo

Dessers
Sterling needs to play in Lundstrams role. Needs to.

It’s time we stop using the boy as a utility and let him play to his strengths. Get Lundstram as far out of the starting 11 as we can.

Not even going to try and predict the team.

I just want to see a proper response and an absolute hiding for Dundee.

Sterling needs to play in Lundstrams role. Needs to.

It’s time we stop using the boy as a utility and let him play to his strengths. Get Lundstram as far out of the starting 11 as we can.
I don't disagree that he has been poor recently, but I think the lack of support he has had in there hasn't helped.

He has essentially become a single man midfield due to our loss of structure on and of the ball. One of the Ross County goals on Sunday, both full backs were high and wide, with Dowell and Cantwell high up the park also.

Last edited:
A quick recovery from the nightmare in Dingwall required tonight.
Lift your game tonight Rangers please and give us something to cheer about.
Mon the Gers.

I've never seen a Rangers midfield under Clement so easy to play through as last Sunday's was and that was the biggest problem.
The gaps for Ross County to exploit on the counter were ridiculous.

With Diomande and Jack both unavailable, we really need someone with some defensive discipline to play alongside Lundstram and that certainly isn't Dowell.

I would probably give Raskin another go, as I would like to see Sterling back in at left back.
We get that right then we'll win with a bit to spare and I'll be coming back down the road a bit happier than I was last Sunday.
I’ve been guilty in the past of saying we don’t need two holding midfielders against the teams in our league but did appear like we struggled when only one was doing it.

Agree. I have no confidence in this team as we just don’t know who will actually give it their all. If they want to, it could be 7-0, and if they can’t be bothered…..

I half expected we would drop points against Dundee if it had been played last week, and that we’d ’sock it to them’ in Dingwall.

Life is funny that way, that County put one over us whilst we’ll likely now cruise tonight to a win.

Back