Match Thread Dundee v Rangers - 20:00 Wednesday - Sky Sports

After Sunday’s debacle, I’d expect a team with a bit of fire and fight to come out of the blocks looking for an early goal or two.
Somehow I have this sinking feeling we are going to continue with a lacklustre display from the usual suspects.
Dundee will smell blood if we give them the slightest encouragement
James Tavernier and Connor Goldson need to show some leadership from the start. If they don’t I fear a hard night

Need to come out guns blazing. Hopefully if Goldson plays (of course he will), he'll give a shit about the game.

Nearing the end of my rope with this Rangers team. I've hardly slept a wink since that Ross County nightmare.

I want blood and snotters tonight. Just win! No more talking! No more excuses. Anything less than all 3 points and it's thank you and goodnight!

Go out there and show we have what it takes to win this title - to be Champions!

Stand up and be counted! It's time to go to war!

What is it with our players? Ridvan was only days away 2 weeks ago, and still missing, Diamonde missing at least 2 games with a damaged thumb. What would Bromber Brown, Richard Gough etc think of this lo! :mad:

Any player that wants to be here next season has to prove their worth tonight and in the remaining games.

Let's see what they're made of.

This game is going to be a horrible night for our players.

Dundee will be fired up for this, for a load of reasons, they can derail our title bid completely, the talk of the park will be a motivator for them, the pitch is going to be shite they have no pressure on them at all.

We’ll probably allow the talk of the pitch to get into our heads and be passive from the outset.

I expect a similar performance to Sunday. The question is whether we will take our chances this time.

We've been in decline for a while now. If Clement selects the same faces as Sunday then 1-1 at best. If he drops the odd repeat offender then a win but I feel completely disillusioned after Sunday.

Any advice where to park the car nearest the stadium but decent exit aswell appreciated.

Get these corrupt b@stards pumped Rangers. Don’t come off that pitch with anything left in the tank. I want that goal peppered and us scoring a good few goals tonight.

I've never seen a Rangers midfield under Clement so easy to play through as last Sunday's was and that was the biggest problem.
The gaps for Ross County to exploit on the counter were ridiculous.

With Diomande and Jack both unavailable, we really need someone with some defensive discipline to play alongside Lundstram and that certainly isn't Dowell.

I would probably give Raskin another go, as I would like to see Sterling back in at left back.
We get that right then we'll win with a bit to spare and I'll be coming back down the road a bit happier than I was last Sunday.

Agree completely.

I was up at Dens Park in 2000 with Wee Dick in charge.It finished 1-7 for us .what a game nobody predicted that result. So Mr Clements Lets Go.Get Into Them.

Tonight's a massive game in the run in. After Sunday it will show where the players heads are and if they have the bottle. A lucky 1-0 or 2-1 to us isn't enough we need to go out there for blood tonight. My team would be:
Butland
Tav
Goldson
Souttar
Sterling
Lundstram
Raskin
Cantwell
Sima
Matondo
Dessers
(I would actually like to see a front 3 of McAusland, Matondo and Sima but don't see that ever happening)

Tonight's a massive game in the run in. After Sunday it will show where the players heads are and if they have the bottle. A lucky 1-0 or 2-1 to us isn't enough we need to go out there for blood tonight. My team would be:
Butland
Tav
Goldson
Souttar
Sterling
Lundstram
Raskin
Cantwell
Sima
Matondo
Dessers
(I would actually like to see a front 3 of McAusland, Matondo and Sima but don't see that ever happening)
The very mention of Dessers gives me the fear. Play Roofe.

The right noises have been reported in today's papers, so its entirely up to the team whether they mean it, or we're being played.

For all our sakes, it had better be the former.

A few goals tonight will do our confidence a world of good. Hopefully Clement has made clear there’s no room for any passengers in the team. We need 100% effort from everyone.

If we see an early ball fired into either full back area with a runner closing down at pace then it's a clear tactic that teams are employing against us and we're not dealing with it.

I had a dream last night that Big Phil was on the touch line geeing up the players during a game, and then he had his leg blown off. But he didn’t go to hospital despite everyone telling him he had his leg blown off. He insisted the game continue and he spent the rest of it hopping about the touch line shouting at the players.

Then he had the power to move the moon so he caused a solar eclipse.

2-0 Rangers.
So what you’re saying is the leagues in the bag?

Please for the love of god do not start Dessers . He needs a to sit on the bench for a game. Silva up top with Sima and McCausland on the wings.

He has scored 1 in 8 games and hasn't scored away from home since 27th January.

Reluctantly id start Barisic for a better balance in team and Sterling in beside Lundstram

The team really need to step up tonight. Its now or never. If you aren't winning in Dundee you aren't taking anything at Parkhead. So now's the time for individuals to step up and deliver.

I would start Roofe through the middle tonight by the way. He's the best striker at the club.

The team really need to step up tonight. Its now or never. If you aren't winning in Dundee you aren't taking anything at Parkhead. So now's the time for individuals to step up and deliver.

I would start Roofe through the middle tonight by the way. He's the best striker at the club.
Had he shown any form or had more minutes in his legs I'd be inclined to agree but he's done nothing for months

We will have to be at it tonight. Dundee has achieved their target of top six, so have nothing to lose.
We've insulted their club publicly, which may well motivate them more.
90 minutes flat out from us. Nothing else will do. After Sunday, if they can't get up for this one and turn up, then they shouldn't be at Rangers.

We had a Sleep walking start to last two games. Scum scored in 30 seconds. Ross County should have done the same.

Will it be too much to ask of our players to come flying out the traps tonight and be on the front foot from the kick off?

Or will we just try and ease ourselves into the match like we do almost every time we play away from home?

That should have been the case against Celtic and Ross County.
Agree.

But they're gone now. Yesterday's fish and chip paper. Nothing we can do can change that.

Tonight, it's do or die. No more lives left - no more chances.

We're a support close to the fucking edge with this team's hardcore arsecollapsery.

There will be no hiding place for anyone if we don't do the damage tonight.

Back