Match Thread Dundee v Rangers - 20:00 Wednesday - Sky Sports

This is simply not a team who want to win the title. They have already given it up. No urgency, no tempo and no guile. Awful. If Clement sends the same 11 out for the second half then he deserves criticism too.

Groundhog Day here...

"We need a clear out in the summer"

Got to say, I genuinely thought this lot would have been hurting from the piss poor performance at the weekend and really go at Dundee tonight but this has been as flat as a pancake. Come out like that second half and the league is well and truly over. Massive team talk and second 45 coming up.

Lawrence is an atrocious footballer and gets nowhere near the criticism he is due.

Literally does nothing and still makes it look bad.
He is in there to dictate play and find pockets of space. Put a man on him and starve him of time & he is ineffective. Has no pace to boot

Watching that live. Thoughts:

Cantwell. Invisible.

Silva. Invisible.

Captain marvel. Invisible.

Goldson looking like he’s running in sand from minute 1. His legs have genuinely gone.

Lundstram gets paid 25k+ a week and he cannot dictate play. He’s the antithesis of a playmaker. Awful.

Sterling trying but he’s clearly not a LB can’t go on the outside.

We’re just not a very good team.

Can’t wait to see the back of a big chunk of this particular group of players, no matter how the rest of the season plays out.

I've got to say here and now, this is categorically not good enough. This capitulation since the OF game is, while unfortunately not a surprise with this Rangers team, not befitting of the standards I expect.

Take Lundstram or Goldson off at half time, put anyone on, just do something, anything to change this horrendous, highly predictable performance.

I would rather lose this league by doing something completely different and calling out the failures than watch the same shite die a little more every game.

Not sure if the team are shattered or lost
Both. If however you analyse some of it , it can be traced back to Beale. Lundstrum is running on gas and the main reason for that is we renewed Jacks contract. He was always going to be posted missing. Therefore john plays far too many games and is a burst couch.

Cantwell, Sima, Lawrence Silva all pish. Lundstram is honking as well, tonight just confirming they are nowhere near a league winning team.
We are more than capable. We’ve gotten ourselves back into a position to win the league. Genuinely cannot explain the drop off in quality and standards that’s being shown here.

The players have just completed collapsed. The midfield is non existent. I can’t actually see what our tactics are, pass it between the back 4 and then hit it long, then inevitably lose the second ball.
It seems like the team has regressed six months has Michael Beale been taking training this week?

Yilmaz completely changes our left side, Sterling does well no matter where he is but he's not a LB.
Zero character in the team to take things by the scruff of the neck and grind something out.

I’ve got absolutely fuk all idea what tactics we are actually trying to implement here. Zero composure, zero invention, just lump it till it’s blac and blue and hope for the best. Utter shite. Never in a million years winning the league most probably be done and dusted tonight

Manager standing like a stoogie, captain couldn't motivate a bag of speed, lundstram about to get a parking ticket. Not one player or management to take this by the scruff

One bad result and this group have once again chucked it. That's not on the manager as we have seen this almost every single time we get to the nitty gritty.

Most of them will be looking for a new club in the summer.

My concern with this team is at the first sign of adversity, they stop listening to the manager.

You just can’t get through to them anymore. And when their heads are gone, their heads are gone.

They’re secure in the knowledge that it’s managers who fall on the sword, whilst they remain

Back