Euro 2024 play offs tonight - Georgia v Greece, Wales v Poland, Ukraine v Iceland plus Scotland v. Northern Ireland

Mcfadden comments there about NI are bang out of order. Bitter, thick bigoted twat. Needs pulled up and sacked.
But this is 21st century Scotland so:rolleyes:..

Will we see Rabbi Matondo in the second half of extra time?

Got a horrible feeling the Welsh are going to go out on penalties here. I just hope they don’t bring on Aaron Ramsey at the end to take one!!!!

What a double whammy for the tartan trannies tonight.

Beaten by Northern Ireland for the first time in 40 years and then completely deflated because their "England lost" comfort blanket got ripped off them in the last minute.

Let’s be sensible in the gloating stakes shall we.

England scrambling a last minute equaliser at home to Belgium isn’t cause to be gleeful.

Stuart Armstrong Hall of famer. 50 caps. Jesus
Depends whether it’s the team who beat Spain and Norway who turns up or this one.

Ultimately Scotland deserve all the criticism they get after a performance like that, but it has to be qualified with the fact that none of these friendlies matter.
I think these friendlies matter moreso than club football. Massive knock to confidence tonight. Imagine we played 4 friendlies during a break instead of 2 and were beaten in them all you don't think that would matter ?

Northern Ireland are far from a good team, and tonight, it was really a bunch of kids out there.
It should have been an opportunity for Scotland to get a morale boosting comfortable win, and I think that's what the SFA and the blazers planned this fixture for.
But Scotland couldn't break down the bunch of kids, and Clarke has to realize his game plan is totally ineffective, maybe he will when (if) he sobers up.
But to be brutally honest it doesn't bode well for Scotland in Germany. They will struggle against average teams, never mind good teams, and Clarke's cheerleaders in the media are not helping. The pundits must introduce a touch of reality for once. The way they have been getting on this last few months, it was like Ally McLeod had come back.

Clarke telling the BBC he'll be one minute before he comes down for his interview.

GJoNOoBWQAAfACk

Did they not used to sell out the Millennium Stadium for big international games?

What happened that they only use a wee shitey Championship ground?

I definitely watched them arse rape Scotland in the big stadium a good few years ago.

The last game I attended was when the recent ROI side came to Hampden, the booing when Ryan Jack's name was read out was palpable. My boy (his first ever Scotland game) said to me "that's out of order" - we've never been back, both myself and my Dad were proud Scotland fans back in the 80's, 90's, not now. Nothing against the team, players, but a significant proportion of those who attend Hampden are (being polite) arseholes.

Billy Stark? Seriously? What chance have you got. Surely the youngsters would relate much better to someone a bit nearer their own age. Like a 60 year old or something!
Exactly it's just further indication of how far behind our Football Association is. England as an example have two young managers in charge of 19s and 21s where it's so important.

Northern Ireland are far from a good team, and tonight, it was really a bunch of kids out there.
It should have been an opportunity for Scotland to get a morale boosting comfortable win, and I think that's what the SFA and the blazers planned this fixture for.
But Scotland couldn't break down the bunch of kids, and Clarke has to realize his game plan is totally ineffective, maybe he will when (if) he sobers up.
But to be brutally honest it doesn't bode well for Scotland in Germany. They will struggle against average teams, never mind good teams, and Clarke's cheerleaders in the media are not helping. The pundits must introduce a touch of reality for once. The way they have been getting on this last few months, it was like Ally McLeod had come back.
Clarke’s issue is he’s quite rigid tactically. He found success with the 3/5 at the back and is sticking to it. He was playing a team with a 29 year old Stevenage striker up top, who got replaced by Josh Magennis. They didn’t need all those defenders, and only changed shape when forced by the Robertson injury.

I still think Scotland will do OK at the Euros, but this run of games, playing really good teams and losing confidence, then being unable to break us down, really has been a disaster in hindsight.
Gibraltar should be a given, but Finland are better than NI on paper, that game could be definitive in terms of the mood heading to Germany.

Stuart Armstrong Hall of famer. 50 caps. Jesus

I think these friendlies matter moreso than club football. Massive knock to confidence tonight. Imagine we played 4 friendlies during a break instead of 2 and were beaten in them all you don't think that would matter ?

I think if we played a few closed doors friendlies between our fixtures this break and lost them all….some people would be hysterical and most would say get a grip.

It’s obviously not directly compatible - but ultimately I still think you can, and people are, overdoing it.

It depends how much stock the players put in games like tonight. Scotland were awful and didn’t even seem to try.

But Scotland would beat Northern Ireland in a Qualifier at Hampden 9 times out of 10. You can look at respective competitive results of each team and draw that conclusion

Clarke’s issue is he’s quite rigid tactically. He found success with the 3/5 at the back and is sticking to it. He was playing a team with a 29 year old Stevenage striker up top, who got replaced by Josh Magennis. They didn’t need all those defenders, and only changed shape when forced by the Robertson injury.

I still think Scotland will do OK at the Euros, but this run of games, playing really good teams and losing confidence, then being unable to break us down, really has been a disaster in hindsight.
Gibraltar should be a given, but Finland are better than NI on paper, that game could be definitive in terms of the mood heading to Germany.
Bang on. Even if you get wins against teams of a higher level it’s always likely to be smash and grabs like the win v Spain and Norway rather than being sent out to go and win the game.

Having sat through every minute of this pish from Cardiff I’ll be raging if I’m robbed of the drama of a penalty shootout now.
Watched it myself don't think it's been the worst game. In saying that definitely want penalties.

Back