European football trips (Not Rangers)

Did have the impression there wasn’t much around it but sounds like there are plenty of bars around Las Musas Metro. Are you meaning bars built in to the stadium?
Yes. They're along the front alongside the club shop. We had a certain time slot for the tour, so we sat and had a beer before going in, after we were done we had a beer at another bar outside. There isn't much in the area.

Going to watch Zaragoza next month when in Madrid, trains only 80 mins odd - managed to get it a bargain price of 69 euros return! Anyone been? Looks quite a nice place.
Stayed there in 2007 when we played Osasuna Nice Central area to walk about and a few bars.
Probably changed a bit in 17 years mind where has the time gone !! :oops:

Stayed there in 2007 when we played Osasuna Nice Central area to walk about and a few bars.
Probably changed a bit in 17 years mind where has the time gone !! :oops:

Looks a nice place, looking forward to it.

Did you enjoy Pamplona other than the coppers?

Last weekend a group of us went over to Porto.

Went to Braga v Arouca on Saturday night then Porto v Vitoria Guimaraes on Sunday. Dirt cheap for the tickets at 12 & 19 Euro respectively.

The Braga stadium looks better on TV. Estadio Do Dragao doesn't look much outside but very impressive inside.

Did Berlin and Hamburg last year and much preferred that trip.

Now deciding on next years trip. Early frontrunner is Como for their game then the San Siro (which I did in 2016).

I'm in Budapest next week, I see Red Star are Scheduled to play Partizan on Wednesday in the Serbian cup, tempted by a day trip to Serbia for it, although it says time to be confirmed on Google? Can't find any other information online..

I'm in Budapest next week, I see Red Star are Scheduled to play Partizan on Wednesday in the Serbian cup, tempted by a day trip to Serbia for it, although it says time to be confirmed on Google? Can't find any other information online..
It hasn't been confirmed yet, but I believe I saw it will be at 20.00.

Booked up for my next trip after my exams at university. Hamburg Derby at the volkspark. Was going to stay across and do Hannover and Wolfsburg but flying home to go to the game vs Killie that weekend instead.

How did you get on at Atleti @Wazza ? Did you scope out the flag :D

Ha, was a good trip.

Stopped off at Bernabeu on way from Airport to the Centre. It’s still a building site, two mates I went with did the tour on Sunday, I left it as I’d read enough to suggest it was awful - they were out within 25 mins and were pretty disgusted by it! Going to go once it’s all fully operational and do the tour and watch a match, it looks very strange - they must be planning on putting some badges etc on the facade, remember first going there in 2001 and being amazed by how grand the stadium looked.

Friday night went to Leganes v Espanyol which was 20 mins from Atocha by train and a 15 minute walk. Cagey affair as it was top two in Segunda, ended 0-0, was alright though - glad I went, it was sold out and not a bad atmosphere. Negative being the lack of a beer but known that for decades now in Spain.

Saturday morning went to a Football experience called Legends which is on Sol, was 20 euros and took an hour - was pretty good, was surprised by it. Was a 4d experience from all the World Cups which was good.

Atletico v Girona Saturday afternoon was really good, one of the best new builds I’ve been to - was pleasantly surprised. They won convincingly and can see it being very lively for a really big game, had a great support at their old stadium and they’ve definitely carried that on to the new one.

Great food and drink all trip, ain’t been Spain for 5 years and within 10 mins of landing I had remembered how much I like the country.

Last edited:
Two of the games I'm going to next weekend should be crackers. BFC Dynamo v Erfurt and Babelsberg v Cottbus. Dynamo and Cottbus are well in the title race. The atmosphere at the games will be brilliant, especially BFC as it's a Friday night KO.

It’s starting to look like the match on May 4th might decide this now when BFC host Cottbuss, although they’ve all stuttered lately ain’t they.

Going Schalke v Rostock May 11th weekend, Essen v 1860 the night before. First match will be huge by looks of things.

Expect this is where it'll appear first:

They only did the draw yesterday, with the league match on Saturday I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't think about the date till after that!

It’s starting to look like the match on May 4th might decide this now when BFC host Cottbuss, although they’ve all stuttered lately ain’t they.

Going Schalke v Rostock May 11th weekend, Essen v 1860 the night before. First match will be huge by looks of things.
I’ve seen you talk about Hansa on this thread a lot, we can potentially tie in their game vs Karlsruhe with our trip to the Hamburg derby, is it a worthwhile trip?

I’ve seen you talk about Hansa on this thread a lot, we can potentially tie in their game vs Karlsruhe with our trip to the Hamburg derby, is it a worthwhile trip?

All big games rest of season now for Hansa, it's who I follow in Germany. It isn't far off selling out, actually thought it might have sold out. Train journey is a good experience (it is a good 2 1/2 hours though on a Regional Train), with them basically being the Club of the Bundesland you get groups getting on at different stations along the way drinking etc... heading to the match and you see a lot of Hansa graffiti once you get in to Mecklenburg Vorpommern. It's a great atmosphere and experience in my opinion, depending on the result anything could happen.

All big games rest of season now for Hansa, it's who I follow in Germany. It isn't far off selling out, actually thought it might have sold out. Train journey is a good experience (it is a good 2 1/2 hours though on a Regional Train), with them basically being the Club of the Bundesland you get groups getting on at different stations along the way drinking etc... heading to the match and you see a lot of Hansa graffiti once you get in to Mecklenburg Vorpommern. It's a great atmosphere and experience in my opinion, depending on the result anything could happen.
Yeah, looks like a very interesting experience. Speaking to my mates and seeing if they’re interested in going just now.

Yeah, looks like a very interesting experience. Speaking to my mates and seeing if they’re interested in going just now.

I know you aren't bothering now but Hannover is alright, when you do go try go in good weather - plenty of beer gardens around the Stadium with big screens etc showing other matches that are on or the build up - Stadium is only about 10 mins by ubahn from central Station as well.

I know you aren't bothering now but Hannover is alright, when you do go try go in good weather - plenty of beer gardens around the Stadium with big screens etc showing other matches that are on or the build up - Stadium is only about 10 mins by ubahn from central Station as well.

In all honesty I’m gutted the Hannover game is the Sunday that week and not the Saturday. Been wanting to go there for a while now. Planning on doing a full weekend in the north next season and getting in a few of these grounds.

I'm still getting PTSD from the train to Rostock for the HSV match a few months back, train floor absolutely swimming in pish, guess it'll be different on a normal train rather than one crammed with away supporters.

I'm still getting PTSD from the train to Rostock for the HSV match a few months back, train floor absolutely swimming in pish, guess it'll be different on a normal train rather than one crammed with away supporters.

I try and avoid regional trains whenever they are likely to be packed, I think a few might be surprised by what they are like when they use them for the Euros as they can be bloody horrendous!

I try and avoid regional trains whenever they are likely to be packed, I think a few might be surprised by what they are like when they use them for the Euros as they can be bloody horrendous!
It was so much worse than a supporters bus going to Dingwall or something, absolutely bogging.

Ran the idea past BK his response was “fucking no chance”

After experiencing Albania with myself at the start of the year, my son's just told me he's away to Budapest next week. Has anyone been to games there and any tips, football related, I can pass onto him?

Thanks

After experiencing Albania with myself at the start of the year, my son's just told me he's away to Budapest next week. Has anyone been to games there and any tips, football related, I can pass onto him?

Thanks

Went to Ferencervaros last July, CL qualifier. If he’s going there tell him to keep in mind that unless you go in hospitality you need to become a member of some sorts, it might even be free, but it involves getting your fingerprints taken - you do it the ground, could be a hold if not arriving with plenty of time.

I got most advice off here:

Walked to a few stadiums and went to the Puskas statue and Mighty Magyars artwork - both good to see. If matches are on going to a Handball match might be a laugh there, got talking to a fan who kept showing me videos of a match, sure the Handball Stadium is opposite the Ferencvaros Stadium.

Thanks
Been to Ferencvaros and Budapest Honved. Wazza pretty much nailed the Ferencvaros ticketing above, I done hospitality and it was really good for the 40 or 50 euros it cost. I think tickets everywhere else are super easy to get online or at the stadium on the day. I think there's a Hungary sports website that sells tickets to a lot of the teams (but not Ferencvaros home tickets), I'll try and find it. Think it even sells away end tickets as I met some Dutch guys that had bought away end tickets on it for the derby at Ferencvaros.

It's a big city so get a travel card, around £5 a day I think and you can just hop on and off any bus, tram or subway.

Edit: Found that website - https://jegymester.hu/category/SPO/sport

Last edited:

Thanks
Budapest is great, very cheap if you avoid the tourist trap pubs.

Two of the games I'm going to next weekend should be crackers. BFC Dynamo v Erfurt and Babelsberg v Cottbus. Dynamo and Cottbus are well in the title race. The atmosphere at the games will be brilliant, especially BFC as it's a Friday night
I did BFC v Chemnitz last month and absolutely love my trips to the Sportforum. Only 350 Erfurt fans will be in attendance tomorrow night according to the BFC fans forum.. Enjoy, wish i was going.

I’m just back from a Dutch double header. Was in Amsterdam for a Stag Do but went to see AZ Alkmaar vs RJK on the Saturday. Was dead easy and only half an hour on the train from Amsterdam. Great ground. Then went to see Ajax vs FC Twente on the Sunday. That was brilliant. Stadium was absolutely iconic. Feels on par with the San Siro in terms of one of those grounds we grew up watching big Champions League games in from back in the day. Both cracking games with the away sides going in at HT in front before a home team come back. Loved it.

Heading to Bologna next week to take in their game against Udinese - any tips on best part of the stadium to get tickets for would be much appreciated!

Two of the games I'm going to next weekend should be crackers. BFC Dynamo v Erfurt and Babelsberg v Cottbus. Dynamo and Cottbus are well in the title race. The atmosphere at the games will be brilliant, especially BFC as it's a Friday night KO.

Can’t believe Dynamo flogged that at 2up. That match on Sunday will probably have Police overkill but what a big one it is even more now.

Can’t believe Dynamo flogged that at 2up. That match on Sunday will probably have Police overkill but what a big one it is even more now.
Hansa II next week where they can't fill a coach even though there is no train back to Berlin after the game!!.

Cottbuss the week after but anyone thinking about going to this one should be aware that no tickets will be available on the day of the game and Dynamo are charging 3€ extra to help with all the fines they have accumulated recently due to pyrotechnics that have been in use.

Have looked at this a few times, they came out to some Irish music when I went about 10 years ago.

I hope @iaatpies isn't suggesting I'm a tim sympathiser! :D The clover has been used by the city for hundreds of years before the filth were created. I will admit it does take some mental arithmetic that it's a different clover to the filth, not related to the filth and the green isn't filth green, though. My German friends all support them so it's probably actually a similar situation with Iaatpies and Mannheim, despite the unfortunate colours!

Edit: Any time I've been (last few years) they come out to the Kleeblatt anthem.

Anyway, enjoyed Dusseldorf. Good atmosphere in the away end and a decent home atmosphere. Nice stadium inside but not much to look at from outside. Facilities in the stadium were also good. And Dusseldorf is good for drinking.

I hope @iaatpies isn't suggesting I'm a tim sympathiser! :D The clover has been used by the city for hundreds of years before the filth were created. I will admit it does take some mental arithmetic that it's a different clover to the filth, not related to the filth and the green isn't filth green, though. My German friends all support them so it's probably actually a similar situation with Iaatpies and Mannheim, despite the unfortunate colours!

Edit: Any time I've been (last few years) they come out to the Kleeblatt anthem.

Anyway, enjoyed Dusseldorf. Good atmosphere in the away end and a decent home atmosphere. Nice stadium inside but not much to look at from outside. Facilities in the stadium were also good. And Dusseldorf is good for drinking.

I do similar when I remind my Leafs supporting mate that they used to be the Toronto Saint Patricks just to wind him up.

Back