Everton call in insolvency advisers amid fresh doubt over 777 takeover

Once upon a long time ago, football was a simple game between 22 men kicking a leather ball around the pitch, 3 O'clock every Saturday up and down the land, a welcome diversion for fans from the daily pressures of life.

And now we've come to this:

There are other interested parties, there is a deal pending if 777 cannot complete but it will run over until the season is completed or Everton have a big points cushion so that further sanctions will not affect Everton‘s PL status- and the new owners will seek administration and take the nine points deduction

They’ve been in free fall for ages, spunked more $$ in 5 year than we have in 150 and they’ve unfortunately spent it mainly on absolute shite.

I feel for their fans but they’ve been on the gravy train for years and years and still ended up a total clusterfuck of a club from top to bottom.

Everton will survive this. Too many people have too much money invested for it to be allowed to go to the wall.

Two Everton men I know love Rangers. Always send me WATP type messages before OF games.
Plus no other club in the UK (probably except Hearts) has had so many players that also played for Rangers.
Plus Walter.
I hope they find a solution.

What’s the script with stadium? As in Goodison is this factored in to the thinking?

Who owns it or is it being sold etc
I think the club owns it but as per post above somewhere, it really isn't worth much in the grand scheme of things. It's basically just a small patch of land for sale.

Recent estimate was approx £6m.

Two Everton men I know love Rangers. Always send me WATP type messages before OF games.
Plus no other club in the UK (probably except Hearts) has had so many players that also played for Rangers.
Plus Walter.
I hope they find a solution.
They literally have lyrics in one of their songs about us, and a million miles from complimentary

f@ck them and their rival club in the city

Under Moyes they were known as a yo-yo club, one season fighting relegation, the next fighting for a European spot. He was a steady Eddie for them, but since then they have floundered badly.
They were a very mixed bag under him.

Christ knows how he got the man united job.

Some achievement to be in bother when you have access to epl money and never been out the epl!
Hell mend them.
All that cash and they still make a rip roaring lady's front bottom of it and are still absolutely shite at the same time
The fuckers got big Jelavic on the cheap and Naismith for %^*& all when the shit hit the fan with us so I have zero sympathy for them

Under Moyes they were known as a yo-yo club, one season fighting relegation, the next fighting for a European spot. He was a steady Eddie for them, but since then they have floundered badly.
His net spend was something like 2 million a season.

They literally have lyrics in one of their songs about us, and a million miles from complimentary

f@ck them and their rival club in the city
Liverpool like Glasgow has a sectarian divide. Unlike Glasgow it doesn't manifest itself in supporting one team or the other.
The guys I know and the Rangers connection is more important to me than a mob of unwashed plastic Paddies singing about what they'd throw in the Mersey blue tbh

They’ve been in free fall for ages, spunked more $$ in 5 year than we have in 150 and they’ve unfortunately spent it mainly on absolute shite.

I feel for their fans but they’ve been on the gravy train for years and years and still ended up a total clusterfuck of a club from top to bottom.
TBF in the past 5 year we have spent a lot on some amount of shite

Liverpool like Glasgow has a sectarian divide. Unlike Glasgow it doesn't manifest itself in supporting one team or the other.
The guys I know and the Rangers connection is more important to me than a mob of unwashed plastic Paddies singing about what they'd throw in the Mersey blue tbh
Previously lives on Merseyside/Cheshire for best part of 9 years, on that basis I stand by my opinion

Oh well, f*ck them.

No sympathy for any club or their supporters, particularly in the EPL.

We went through hell and are lucky to still have a club to follow. Not one club in the world offered any assistance.

Rangers and only Rangers for me.
Exactly

Fly with the crows, you get shot with the crows

EPL clubs have happily been lauding over every other club in Europe with their obscene riches and transfer fees over the past decade, distorting the market for everyone else

You won't find me shedding a tear as the chickens come home to roost

They have spent some money on hiring and firing mangers plus a lot of it on dross in terms of players.

Even back in the days of David Moyes when they did not have much money to spend they were regular top 8 finishers and qualifying for Europe on a regular basis.
I read, that in the past 10 years, they have a bigger net spend than Liverpool.

There are other interested parties, there is a deal pending if 777 cannot complete but it will run over until the season is completed or Everton have a big points cushion so that further sanctions will not affect Everton‘s PL status- and the new owners will seek administration and take the nine points deduction
A small rumour is that a sheikh is waiting in the wings, but that'll also take time.

The money that English Clubs spend on bang average over seas footballers is obscene.

They must be the most gullable cunts on the planet and buy into the hype or Theres something seriously underhand at play.

The money that English Clubs spend on bang average over seas footballers is obscene.

They must be the most gullable cunts on the planet and buy into the hype or Theres something seriously underhand at play.
A combined £40 million on Oumar Niasse and Cenk Tosun, which is the equivalent of about £70 million now. Christ the night.

Not about the PL or the brand of football. It’s about the people who’ve devoted their life to the club now wondering if they’ll have a team to support in the next few years.

Absolutely fucking grim.
Something that sadly gets forgotten by some. Coming from Rangers fans make it even worse. Time is not a great healer in this case, but the main thing is we survived. Could easily have been the other way

There's another thread on here about schalke, it just isn't the epl this is happening. It's ruthless business men who have no affiliation to the club or even understand what being a fan is about or even care. When big cubs in Europe are happy to finish 4th in the League for the cl prize, that is a great example of f**k the fans, just get the money first, trophies can wait.

Once upon a long time ago, football was a simple game between 22 men kicking a leather ball around the pitch, 3 O'clock every Saturday up and down the land, a welcome diversion for fans from the daily pressures of life.

And now we've come to this:

It still is for clubs up and down the country.

Money has ruined top flight football. The constant TV exposure given to global superstars has ruined fan perceptions of football.

An awful lot of people these days follow a football club without having any real appreciation of football.

Back