Fabio Silva loan will not be extended next season

He'll end up being a Ballon D'or winner, knowing our luck.

I wanted it to work out for him, seems a decent enough kid. But I wouldn't waste a wage contribution to bring him back next year. Hasn't done enough, sadly.
Maybe he will do somewhere else, surrounded by a higher quality of teammate.

A premier league player regardless of how much he cost should have added way way more than what he has

Still has an opportunity to make an impact tho
We signed a season Premier League midfielder who had won the league who never really made any sort of an impact. The scum signed Duffy who had a decent EPL career and we all still laugh about him to this day.

Started well and fell off a cliff when the pressure kicked in, probably a good player for a mid table top five European league team with nothing at stake every season.

No real surprise

He’s got talent but is a bit immature and experienced opposition players know how to get at him

Wolves will lose a fortune on him

From the outset, he never looked like a centre forward, but I had hoped he would have made a reasonable contribution. At least it was just a short term loan.

The thing is, you can see why Clement would've wanted him.

He's a big, physical, powerful player who runs himself into the ground and gives defenders a c@nt of a time. There's attributes there that make absolute sense and suggest the kind of player the manager thinks we need - and I agree with him.

The trouble is that for all Silva has those attributes, he's also a bit of a headless chicken with a generally poor end product. He's also (to resurrect a well-worn FF phrase) a giant, clanging poof who spends half his time rolling about feining injury, rather than being the bully I suspect PC expected him to be.
Big and physical? He’s a wimp.

He started pretty well to be fair, but his form tailed off and his confidence looks shot now.

I think after the first month most fans would have been very keen to extend the loan into next season. But not many would now. It'll be interesting to see if he develops in the future, he does have something about him but I'm not sure what his best position is.

From the outset, he never looked like a centre forward, but I had hoped he would have made a reasonable contribution. At least it was just a short term loan.
Was he supposed to be a CF? I thought he was supposed to be more of a 10 - he's certainly not a LW, either way!

I’ve never been a fan of loans unless there’s an option to buy at the end of it.

You do question the level of their commitment otherwise.

Cardoso all over again imo.

Needs to go to Portugal or Spain and he'll have every chance of restarting his career

His £35m move to Wolves will be investigated for money laundering in the years to come.

Never a footballer in a million years. A complete fraud.

I know he hasn’t performed for us but atleast it was just a lone - I know money is like monopoly in England but imagine being a Wolves fan and your club drops £35m on him, how scunnered.

You never know he might have a part to play before he goes!

That’ll keep him motivated the the remainder of the season.
This was my very first thought.
If ever there was a reason NOT to announce this with 4 league games, I’d think we’d have it.
If we’re trying to demoralise or demotivate our injury hit team, then this is exactly how we do this.
Is Silva going to try harder or less hard now this has been announced?… ridiculous timing.
Nothing at all against the decision of course just the timing of it

No matter what the circumstances he was never coming back next season. Hardly news is it?

I was excited about him signing but in reality he’s been massively disappointing.

Some of his theatrics have been embarrassing.

I remember him running around like a lunatic against Ayr and he may have been lucky not to get sent off.

Yet another loan on a “name” that hasn’t worked

Hopefully we’ll finally learn our lesson and stop targeting known names in the hope it’ll pay off

Diallo, Ramsay, Silva. Probably more I have missed tbh

No surprise really. Played out of position, been a let down and on massive wages.

You wouldn’t play him ahead of Dessers up top.

Another striker that when through on goal likes an extra touch or failure to find the net.

If ever there was a reason NOT to announce this with 4 league games, I’d think we’d have it.
If we’re trying to demoralise or demotivate our injury hit team, then this is exactly how we do this.
Is Silva going to try harder or less hard now this has been announced?… ridiculous timing.
No one announced it apart from a Twitter account

I honestly see him dropping down the leagues in the next few years, don’t see what see what he brings to the table
There are literally thousands of overvalued overpaid footballers have been since big money from TV came in!

Whoever he ends up at the Silva we've all witnessed needs to stop being a fanny and toughen up, big strapping lad but the heart of a mouse, well suited to a league where refs are conned and play acting is the norm.

Pretty strange hard to believe anything like this has been released? Hmm?

The guy will build a whole career on the back of “he must have something if he went for £35m”.

He’s not the worst player ever, just not great at anything.

If they decided to give him to us on a free, I'd still have my reservations.
He might be a reasonably decent player but imho he's not in the same league as Sima or Sterling who look like they're custom built for our team.

To be fair to the lad he is playing out of position and is never a left winger. He should be a second striker option for us who can drop deep to create space in behind for fast wingers. Injuries mean he is wide left and fish out of water.

He has been poor though but he was never getting signed permanently anyway

This isn't a surprise and it's the right decision, but it gives me some concern that we're possibly going to rely on guys like Silva, Lundstram, Borna etc. going into our biggest games of the season when they all know they'll be elsewhere next season.

I'd question how much they will be up for it.

After Silva leaves us, I doubt there will be a rush to sign him. Most likely he'll be on another loan somewhere. Wolves have been done big time.
The only winner in the Silva situation, is the agent who brokered the deal.

Back