Fabio Silva loan will not be extended next season

Wish him well in the future but hes not for us..
Money could have been spent on a certain Scottish striker.
This is true. Surely it was worth a risk and I’m certain that Scottish striker would have offered and contributed more.

My thinking has been all over the place with him. To start with it was we will get 20 goals out of him but there is no chance we will ever be able to afford him. It then switched to he isn’t that good so maybe we can agree a reduced fee. It ended up with even if we got him for free I wouldn’t take him.

Worry is he just goes through the motions for five or six weeks, some might say that would be an improvement.
We have a lot of players in that position I think that’s one of the reason for the fall off in form from a lot of players in the last few weeks

He might find form later on in his career, possibly like Lammers but will need to drop down a level first to find it. Some players just can't cut it at pressure clubs.

Got slaughtered for saying he wasn’t a striker. %^*& knows what he is but he’s never a rangers calibre player in a million years. Epitomises the fucking batshit mental financials English football. What was it 35m? Fannies

With the greatest respect to him, his transfer fee represents everything that's wrong with modern football.

But while he's with us I hope he contributes and at least leaves us with good memories and a league championship medal!

I would rather play Scott Wright in the remaining games than Silva.

Silva seems the type that will down tools.
I was just going to say I’m surprised we announce this with 4 crucial games to go. He’s obviously not going to give 100% now. (Unless there was a date set in the loan agreement).

Fabio is a perfect example of how the EPL has distorted the value of players , a club in an other country could get 5 players who are better than Fabio for 35 million.

As critical as some of the posts on here are, they're nothing like those on the Wolves forum lol.

"From the very first moment I saw Fabio Silva, I knew he was absolute shit and that opinion has never ever wavered - not once.

He has not got one single attribute as a footballer.

I said at the time we signed him that I was honestly unsure as to whether he was actually a footballer at all and that he was part of a hoax - a bit like the George Weah’s cousin scenario.

As said, we’ve had plenty of shit footballers at Wolves over the years and most of them I’ve more than tolerated - makes it loads worse that this bloke is an absolute lady's front bottom too."

Edit : Ha ha, never knew the word "c*nt" gets cleaned up on here

Another poor sighted, calamitous loan signing, anyone who watched him on the very few occasions he got with Wolves could see he was crap. 35 mill, just shows how ridiculous the English market is. Surely we have better than this!

The biggest worry for me with the Silva signing is how much Clement wanted him.

I'm sure there were a few stories about the lengths Clement went to to get him signed.

A bit of a worry for future signings for me.
Every manager makes a signing error.
Smith and Advocaat included.
Some, like Beale, even got one, maybe two, maybe three, correct.
Looke like Clement failed with Silva but this is balanced at this point by Diomande.

Last edited:
We cannot play this guy again, he simply can't be trusted to give 100% if he knows he's for the off.
The only game I gave him pass marks was Benfica away, and that was probably because he was playing in his homeland trying to make a point.

Look, he’s a decent player with a lot of talent. He’ll do well and we’ll have posters claiming that they called it.

I guess that’ll be him downing tools then?

Although, you could argue he did that the moment we went out of the Europa

The Emperor's new clothes - he looks gash but he must be good - £35 million and all that. Thank you for your service but you're not what we need.

So another player who now knows his future isn’t with us so why bother trying your arse?

A crucial few weeks ahead and we have far too many players who are not fully committed to doing what needs done.

Every manager makes a signing error.
Smith and Advocaat included.
Some, like Beale, even got one, maybe two correct.
Looke like Clement failed with Silva but this is balanced at this point by Diomande.
A bad signing is a bad signing mate. It's a waste of funds that can't be justified by saying "well one was bad, but one was good, so it all balances out". It's got nothing to do with who is in charge either. It's to do with getting value for every available penny we have to strengthen.

Last summer we wasted a lot of money and it partly led to Beale going. For us not to learn from that and in the very next window dish out more funds on a failed Wolves player is scandalous. Especially when you consider he was never going to be permanent and that money could have been used on Shankland (just an example). Might be okay to say it in hindsight, but it was a 50/50 punt that was always more likely to be a let down than a success.

Another poor sighted, calamitous loan signing, anyone who watched him on the very few occasions he got with Wolves could see he was crap. 35 mill, just shows how ridiculous the English market is. Surely we have better than this!

Saw him at Wolves and said he wouldn’t be a success when he signed in the January transfer thread.

Very few good players come to Scotland from England on loan these days. Hopefully a wake up call for the club because we waste every January window making the same mistakes.

Sad to say it as I never expected it but he's not as good as Candeias or Jota from the scum. Maybe in a few years time he'll justify his fees.

Cant remember the last loan player i disliked as much as him.I’m sure folk will jump and say Ramsey but he’s no where near as bad.

Mind blowing we never brought in an actual striker in January. Silva is a complete nothing, never a striker and never a winger.

I didnt think he would be at Ibrox next season, I only see the guy bouncing from one club to the next.

A bad signing is a bad signing mate. It's a waste of funds that can't be justified by saying "well one was bad, but one was good, so it all balances out". It's got nothing to do with who is in charge either. It's to do with getting value for every available penny we have to strengthen.

Last summer we wasted a lot of money and it partly led to Beale going. For us not to learn from that and in the very next window dish out more funds on a failed Wolves player is scandalous. Especially when you consider he was never going to be permanent and that money could have been used on Shankland (just an example). Might be okay to say it in hindsight, but it was a 50/50 punt that was always more likely to be a let down than a success.
Do you get every decision right?
That was my point.
The poster was “concerned” that the Silva signing was Clement’s normal.
I was only pointing out that it’s a bit unfair to judge like this when there is another signing sitting beside him that seems to be fairly decent.
I’d rather have spent the money on a Shankland type too but that could go wrong as well.

One of the worst players to pull on our Jersey. Too many on here were kidding themselves on at first showings because of the price tag.PC made a c unt of this one.

Does that mean he stops getting picked every week? Because we’ve been a man down every time he’s in the team.

Back