Fabio Silva

Sakala was frustrating but his unpredictability, allied to his blistering pace, caused every team problems. His goals return was excellent. I genuinely was sorry to see him go although he did have me cursing him a few times (those two Hampden open goal misses against Celtic being the most obvious times)
Says it all when we lament letting Sakala go (and I liked his attitude and personality a lot!)

Think I echo what most on the thread have been saying, bit of pace and that’s it. Looked ok in the first few games at the turn of the year but in the last few weeks he’s been shite, and not scored enough since he’s come. Maybe be better back in Portugal. Even if he is being played out of position I’ve seen nothing in him to suggest he would be good through the middle either. His pishy wee flicks to nobody do my nut in. Wolves are numpties for spending that kind of money on him.

Don't want to see him play again

Couple weeks back he was waving his hand at Souttar, fobbing him off for criticising him for a sloppy pass, last week Lundstram had a go at his diving and he done the same to him. Then his attitude coming off today after being rotten.

Thinks he is a player, send him back

He’s absolutely shite. After his first game I made my mind up sharpish. His antics last week made me never want to see him in our shirt again. He’s not our player and he’s not producing so he shouldn’t be playing.

At least sakala had a good song, and scored a few
Also missed some amount of sitters and at times was a genuine embarrassment to watch.

The Hampden howler against the filth was a disgrace especially watching him jog back up the pitch grinning and laughing.

Sakala was never the answer either let's be honest.

The jury would be out if we spent £3m on him. To think Wolves paid north of £30m on him is mind blowing.

He has never been a goalscorer 4 in 62 games for Wolves.He had 7 in 20 for Anderlecht while on loan but apart from that zilch,if Dessers scores one more goal this season it will be more than Silva has scored in his entire career to date.
Its a mental risk to take,Dessers isnt perfect and misses chances but people focus on the misses rather than the 17 goals he has scored so far.Imo he will score 20+ this season.
It's the importance of the misses be makes though added to his general play.

But the reality is he's scored decent amount of goals but when you look at the chances he had had his really should really be double that.

But his misses have cost us this year in different games.

Part of it is he starts to think about what to do instead of just shooting

The jury would be out if we spent £3m on him. To think Wolves paid north of £30m on him is mind blowing.

Is sadly spot on. There's no doubt Silva has the chops to end his career with £££ in the bank, but he's quickly looking like a niche player who'll make the the money based on that £30M folklore.

I play 5’s on a Friday night with a Wolves fan, Silva was brought up the other night on my opinion of him, until today the jury was out. He told me that with the amount of loans the guys had they’ve recouped a lot of the 35m they paid but would gladly see the back of him for whatever anyone offers! He’s dug meat!

Has to be said but his histrionics last week against the filth was embarrasing and he went right down in my estimation. In fairness to him, hes probably being played out of position, but thus far, not showed enough from him to be a first pick over McCausland who would play anywhere for the team.

A complete and utter donkey like Adam Idah has scored 7 goals on 10 games for that lot. Silva genuinely looks no better than what we had before the January window.

Once again poor recruitment at key times lets us down.

Fluffed his lines last week when in front of goal. Like Dessers, Silva struggles to get the ball out his feet and get a shot off. Always an extra touch or fumble.

Recruitment has been pathetic.

I’m not a fan but the guy hasn’t really had a fair crack of the whip. He’s had 2 or 3 games at most through the middle.

Similar to Lammers, playing everywhere except we’re he actually plays, leaves and then looks what happens, Silva is Big Phils Lammers.

Just not very good I'd say
Someone looked at this guy and convinced a chairman to part with 40m euros to sign him.

What’s the deal with him? Is he being played out of position or just not very good?

Someone looked at this guy and convinced a chairman to part with 40m euros to sign him.

What’s the deal with him? Is he being played out of position or just not very good?
A younger but less handsome Nuno Capucho.

Absolute one paced chore of a player.

He’s clearly a very very talented footballer, but ultimately he’s a 21 year old with not much professional experience of pressure. It’s why he’s put out on loan - to go through these motions and learning curves elsewhere.

If we had solid winners and leaders in the side, he would be breezily flourishing. He clearly isn’t the sort of guy who’s going to stand up when the going gets tough and was possibly the wrong signing for January - but would’ve been a useful Summer signing with a stronger core in the squad.

Rotten, we shoild not be considering signing him permanently
There’s no chance of that anyway.

He’s suffering from the team’s general downturn in form, but while he’s looked good on occasion, he’s not really convinced that he’s an addition that improves us on any level.

We had next to nothing to spend in January though so it was always unlikely we’d find anyone that did.

Took until the septic game for people to finally wake up of how utter Colin nish he is. He offers absolutely nothing apart from giving the ball away. Fans were blinded because he apparently chose us over them. Been saying to my mates since a couple games in watch him closely he gives the ball away nearly everytime he gets it, creates next to nothing and doesn’t make runs in behind! He also doesn’t score many. Terrible signing. 3 apprentices signed in jan to win a league!!

Reactions: VGM
Nearly £50m worth of players in our front 3 today and we created nothing.

Silva seems like he plays for himself, not seeing much of a team player in him.

These threads are becoming a recurring theme.

How many signings/loanees have we said this about in the last few years?

An embarrassment last week and then this week has the cheek to to take a huff when he got hooked for playing pish.

Wouldn't play him again if I was the boss.

That prima Donna shit today when subbed off genuinely made me angry. He’s contributed nothing. I think he’s been good for a grand total of 100 or so minutes since he joined, and some of them were against Copenhagen.

Back