Fans forum report from 4 lads

There’s 2 different things in that post
She said it was gold only originally then she qualified it by saying it would be looked at again given the bigger allocation and alluded to it possibly having an allocation going to all tier.
So nothing carved in stone,but it will be looked at going forward.

Who said that was the Castore income? Bisgrove.

It was Karim Virani the Head of Commercial who said it.

KV – ‘Record breaking year for the club with revenue from them, we are focused on the relationship and quality has made vast improvements so we are currently focused on that’

‘We are into double digit million revenue so we are very happy with that relationship’

Reads to me as we're receiving 10m+ from Castore now and don't plan on switching suppliers any time soon.

She said it was gold only originally then she qualified it by saying it would be looked at again given the bigger allocation and alluded to it possibly having an allocation going to all tier.
So nothing carved in stone,but it will be looked at going forward.
Thats pretty much what I would expect. They can’t make an allocation that big gold only. Anyone thinking it’ll be gold only will be sorely disappointed

Parkhead should be gold only, there's very little benefit to being in gold as it is. Is it only Hearts that's gold only at the moment? A few hundred tickets between a few thousand in gold? Hardly rewarding.
Flip that , what benefit is mygers at all to fans who in bronze or low silver points as they be lucky if get one away game all season or don’t have enough points to qualify for Hampden cut off? As much as they try they still can’t get their numbers up as the bar is always being put up? To now with less away tickets going to be kicking around with livi going down and other teams cutting allocation. However if is a chance to get a scum hut ticket in any tier that’s all club needs to have a lot of fans renewing

The replies re MyGers and Euro aways always being passed on were pretty unsatisfactory to be honest

Last edited:

Reads to me as we're receiving 10m+ from Castore now and don't plan on switching suppliers any time soon.
We should switch, if the Tims can claim £34mil in kit and merchandise sales.

The replies re MyGers and Euro always being passed on were pretty unsatisfactory to be honest
What do you expect them to say? It’s impossible to police, even if city collection for domestic games was possible

Logistically it would mean fans having to be at an away end to collect tickets hours in advance. I’m sure the police would love that

They could do a % of tickets are in-person collection but there’s ways round that too. It literally can’t be stopped

Is that £10m + since we first went with them or just this season though.

I would also assume 10m plus but numbers can be manipulated, maybe someone that was present can elaborate.
That's what I took from it ,

KV mentioned double digit of millions in income from Castore,
But he also mentioned that we as a club have also been good for Castore

We should switch, if the Tims can claim £34mil in kit and merchandise sales.
Remember they declare all the money upfront, before subtracting the amount for staff, shops etc. We just declare profit. I wouldn't be surprised if the net amount for both clubs isn't almost identical if not us getting slightly more.

It’s not going to be so no point getting wound up by it.

People could respond saying anyone who was against Celtic getting an allocation shouldn’t be eligible to apply for a ticket at Parkhead. And round in circles we’d go
Well you actually can’t cause even though it was closed gold, if you didn’t apply for it you wouldn’t qualify the 10 points for applying for all away games at end of the season

Parkhead should be gold only, there's very little benefit to being in gold as it is. Is it only Hearts that's gold only at the moment? A few hundred tickets between a few thousand in gold? Hardly rewarding.
The benefit is you have more chance of tickets not guaranteed chances.

Good response from Greg re the Supporters Club question.
Stood out to me. RSCs offer affordable travel for members that might not be able to get to Ibrox without it. RSCs were taking all sorts of tickets when people weren’t interested in lower leagues and under Warburton and Pedro

Now we’ve got a team that can challenge Celtic the RSC allocation becomes a big deal. Access to Hampden and away tickets is a benefit for the value RSCs bring to the club. I really liked the SLO answer

Tickets for celtc away should be 50% of gold mygers members per game so you are guaranteed 1 celtc game and the rest distributed amongst other tiers of mygers members
There’s around 3600 gold members and the mygers allocation will only be around 40% of the overall Parkhead allocation. There will be less than 1200 made available to mygers

Pardon? There’s around 3600 gold members and the mygers allocation will only be around 40% of the overall Parkhead allocation. There will be less than 1200 made available to mygers
So say it is 3600 gold members, 1800 gold get first game and 1800 that didnt get first game get the 2nd game, the other 700 odd tickets then go to the other tiers

Obviously not all gold members will take up their chance of a ticket and they should be allocated to other tiers too

Stood out to me. RSCs offer affordable travel for members that might not be able to get to Ibrox without it. RSCs were taking all sorts of tickets when people weren’t interested in lower leagues and under Warburton and Pedro

Now we’ve got a team that can challenge Celtic the RSC allocation becomes a big deal. Access to Hampden and away tickets is a benefit for the value RSCs bring to the club. I really liked the SLO answer

@RF91

Fair play to the lad who wasn't happy on RSCs getting a 2000 allocation for semi final and accused RSCs getting 2 bites of the cherry but yet admitted he used to go on a RSC bus also used to be part of " prawn sandwich brigade( his own words ) " but now drives to Ibrox and now thinks these allocations are to large ....... just a tad hypocritical me thinks

Back