Favourite Rangers goal celebration?

Screenshot-20240424-020956-Instagram.jpg

My old man doing the Klinsman in my brother's house after Albertz put us 2-0 up at the cesspit on May, 2nd, 1999.

Thing is. He was 62 at the time and my brother's wife to be (they got married later on in the year) was looking on at the antics and you could see the thoughts perculating.

If we have children, they're coming from the same gene pool?

I told this story before at the time.

We went over to my brother's house and he is some bartender. The three of us have a big one just before the game.

We go one up and we're going tonto.

My brother goes into the kitchen to pour us another and Mahe is red carded.

Come back in, come back in. - So we're happy at this.

He goes back into the kitchen to pour us again.

Come in come back in, we're shouting.

Dallas has been bloodied by an object. - Wonderful stuff.

He goes back in to give us a refill.

Come back in, We've been awarded a penalty.

After Albertz's spot kick and my old man doing the Klinsman, we finally did get that second hauf.

It was worth the wait.

Ferguson and RDB in the 5 1 game , the lack of respect we had for them that day was brilliant , totally annihilated them , Reyna was amazing that day.

No one mentioned Joe Aribo yet ???

The best 11 minutes of our lives . We had a 2 minute delay as we were watching in a big hall with someone’s stick, whilst through the house it was on live - it took until the goal and some guy came running through - they’ve scored , Rangers have scored , Joe aribo has scored for anyone to realise this !!!!!!
Queue absolute mayhem for at least 5 minutes .

Number 2 , lovenkrannds Scf v them

Number 3 , Lee Wallace v them , I had that pic as a screensaver for years

Lundstrum vs Leipzig, Ibrox atmosphere when it went in was off the scale as well, complete pandemonium. Could see how much it meant to him as well.

Mine in the Lovenkrands final, was watching the game in the garden with mates, when he scored, i burst through the gate waving my top above my head for about a mile, missed the final whistle

Any that just show raw emotion and joy. Really can't be doing those that have been rehearsed and almost become a stage play.

In recent years I loved Kent's against the bheasts at the scumdome, if anyone could oblige with the gif?

Honourable mention for Walter Smith [ lookalike] coming out of the crowd and celebrating on the trackside v Kilmarnock.

No one mentioned Joe Aribo yet ???

The best 11 minutes of our lives . We had a 2 minute delay as we were watching in a big hall with someone’s stick, whilst through the house it was on live - it took until the goal and some guy came running through - they’ve scored , Rangers have scored , Joe aribo has scored for anyone to realise this !!!!!!
Queue absolute mayhem for at least 5 minutes .

Number 2 , lovenkrannds Scf v them

Number 3 , Lee Wallace v them , I had that pic as a screensaver for years

I was at easter road for helicopter sunday. Very few games ive missed but that 10 odd minutes in seville probably gave me the best time following us. Mates flattened me and had to be scooped back up off the floor. Bedlam and something nobody can ever take away. Yea didnt end well but those minutes were unreal.

It was quite low key, but Albertz celebration after That free kick was quite good.

McCoist vs them SC semi 1998.
My favourite ever goal.

Back when I got married my wife got in touch with a contact I had at rangers behind my back to get a signed rangers top framed as a wedding present. As this was 2012 ally was in charge and he signed the top along with the players. What he also did was personally sign a poster of himself and amazingly it was the picture of him celebrating with gough in the background. My wife couldn’t believe it when I told her it was my favourite ever goal/ celebration. Just lucky

This one.

I've got a limited edition framed painting of that called 'the Moon and the Star" alongside Lovenkrands and Ferguson celebrating the winner in the 2002 SCF, both in my home office.

In answer to favourite celebration, Walter Smith's classic straight arms into a salute. Also, Souness similar with the arms aloft, and the arrogant stroke of the beard :D

Most of Coisty’s but I actually loved Mo’s high knees sprint to the corner of the Copland and Main stand. Wonderful.

Back