Fewer negative headlines than normal?

If we weren't 3 behind going into this game we know this would have been massively ramped up.
Screenshot-20240510-145516-Instagram.jpg

I've got wet dreams of us being 2-0 up going into injury time. They're pushing for a goal, Matondo breaks and McGregor petulantly chops him resulting in a penalty & red card.

Tav steps up, slams it into the top corner to send us top. Half of their hoardes have already left. The other half are falling over chairs absolutely raging.

Media collapse into a state of despair looking for ways to claim it wasn't a penalty.
That’ll do for me my friend!!

What I find strange is that a lot of the scum fans I know from work are all keeping their confidence levels quiet.

Heart & Hand made a good point on the podcast saying that we tend to finish these games against them pretty strongly. If we can just get past the first half hour standard onslaught from them and stay compact, their confidence could be their own undoing and their fans get restless.

However, an early goal for them normally goes the one way and it isn’t in our favour.

It would make my weekend if we beat those bassas tomorrow, and they are outside waiting outside on Rodgers for a cordial discussion. :))

I can imagine Crocker now.

"This wasn't in the script."

It was in mine you fat fucking speccy hotdog.

Then they go to the Sky studio, which is like a funeral. Apart from Boydy grinning from ear to ear.
His commentary when big Ugo slammed his overhead kick into the top corner is a disgrace.

Absolute dejection in his voice “that is soooo against the run of play today.”

Nothing but a yahoo cheerleader, hope his voice is just as dejected tomorrow.

I’m shocked at how confident they are. Genuinely, they see it as all over. Whilst we’re mediocre, they are too. They’ve been beaten a few times at the piggery this season, struggled a few weeks ago against the sheep and could have been 2 down after 10 minutes to Hearts. For once, I’d love us to get an early goal and hang on to it. It will be absolutely toxic. Things can change. I’m doubtful, but I keep saying this, it’s not a AC Milan 1989. It’s not even a Postecoglu team from a few years ago. They are very, very beatable.
Agree, but you know the script, first chance they get they score. Wish I could say the same about us.

Agree, but you know the script, first chance they get they score. Wish I could say the same about us.
You know what, I don’t think that’s the case this season. Let’s not forget, they’re 3 points ahead of us after beating us twice and drawing with us. They’re not unbeatable. I think as a fan base they’re in our heads a bit. Understandable considering the results, but I think we can do it.

Every pundit in the country predicting a comfortable win. If our players dont come out roaring and shut that crowd up after this week nothing will motivate them! The pressure is off, nobody expects anything. Play free and loose and bury them!

They are ultra confident that they will hammer us tomorrow. I really hope we show up and win. I'm not concerned about goal difference we just need a massive performance and I think we are due it. For what it's worth I think we will win. (Law of Averages).
Tbh, what they think means nothing. The concern should be with the form of a Rangers team over the last few months. Sure, there's been a lot of wins before the big stumble against County and Dundee, but I couldn't honestly say Ramgers were flying. The football's not been great and more recently, it's looked worse. I still think if Kille had kept 11 on the pitch, we would have struggled to win that match. Anything can happen, and Rangers could definitely win tomorrow, but it'll take something extraordinary, something we haven't seen at all this season, I think.

Wait till the cup final.

If we win there will be inquests about “sectarian chanting” and if they win there won’t be a peep.

That’s just the way it works

You know what, I don’t think that’s the case this season. Let’s not forget, they’re 3 points ahead of us after beating us twice and drawing with us. They’re not unbeatable. I think as a fan base they’re in our heads a bit. Understandable considering the results, but I think we can do it.
Worse than that mate, they're in peoples heads 24/7,seems to be ruining their life.

If you have no hope for tomorrow, there is no point in watching it. That's what the games all about from fans of the small clubs to the biggest. If there is none, then the games a bogey.

Am I confident? No, but I really hope we can do them as I never write my team off and love to beat them anytime of the season, regardless where we are.

I've got wet dreams of us being 2-0 up going into injury time. They're pushing for a goal, Matondo breaks and McGregor petulantly chops him resulting in a penalty & red card.

Tav steps up, slams it into the top corner to send us top. Half of their hoardes have already left. The other half are falling over chairs absolutely raging.

Media collapse into a state of despair looking for ways to claim it wasn't a penalty.
There would be thirty minutes injury time as VAR would take that long to watch all the angles and reel back the recording by five minutes to see if there was a foul they could call.

We will win tomorrow, Killie will take points off them at Rugby Park.

It's not over.
I know, it's quite annoying reading everyone on here talking almost like the game doesn't matter. It's an old firm game, a one off game full of fine margins that we could therefore quite easily win that would take us level with two games to go.

My next door neighbour is one of them, seem his today away getting his beer, grub and other shite for the Ceptic party tomorrow. He even has the flags up in the garden. They think it's already won.

Every pundit in the country predicting a comfortable win. If our players dont come out roaring and shut that crowd up after this week nothing will motivate them! The pressure is off, nobody expects anything. Play free and loose and bury them!
We will not be starting any game roaring. We play ourselves into games. Normally takes us to lose a goal to click into gear

To be fair almost everybody and even some of us on here think the league is over and it is unlikely we will beat them
However in football you can get freak games and maybe we win tomorow and Killie beat them 3 - 0 Probably wont happen but every so often you get games going the opposite of what is expected.

Not even any late Friday night curve balls?

They must be saving their hatred for tomorrow and Sunday and hoping that the mentally challengeds win.

To be fair almost everybody and even some of us on here think the league is over and it is unlikely we will beat them
However in football you can get freak games and maybe we win tomorow and Killie beat them 3 - 0 Probably wont happen but every so often you get games going the opposite of what is expected.
Agreed. If we take our chances like in the bétis game we can beat them. They ain’t great and don’t handle pressure. They have got lucky against teams when they can’t break them down.

Game will be a lot closer than some think.

If we start the game well and get through the first ten mins then the game will open up.

Keep them quiet then fear will creep in the longer it goes and will lift us again.

Games winnable. Maybe not freak result as we’re due a win there.

It would be a massive statement if we beat them.

Usually the same when they are certain it's already won. And to be honest that's the way most of us like it. Maybe it's the weather talking but I've got this feeling that we could go behind enemy lines tomorrow and come away with a victory.
Aye it's definitely the weather!

As many have said, they think tomorrow will be a walk over & the title is in the bag.

We need modern day versions of John Brown, Richard Gough, Jorg Albertz, and McCoist & Hateley to step up for us - and sickeningly, we’ve only got ourselves to blame.

A lot of the recent negativity has been around refereeing, VAR, and the lack of away fans. All three are currently in their favour, hence the quiet week.
Very good point regarding away fans.

Not seen a single person in the media bemoan the fact there are no Rangers fans there tomorrow yet its all you heard in the lead up to the last one regarding their away fans.

Funny that...

I know, it's quite annoying reading everyone on here talking almost like the game doesn't matter. It's an old firm game, a one off game full of fine margins that we could therefore quite easily win that would take us level with two games to go.
Mate the league was over in October

I think they expect an easy afternoon and the title to all but be confirmed.

As such theres no need to hype themselves or trash Rangers, they just assume itll go the way almost every game has gone since Gerrard left.

That in itself is the sad/annoying part of it.

It doesnt matter of course in terms of the game itself but its a telling measure of the times and Clement has a not dissimilar task to Gerrard when he first arrived - dismantle the mental block and make Rangers approach these encounters with confidence.

I think they expect an easy afternoon and the title to all but be confirmed.

As such theres no need to hype themselves or trash Rangers, they just assume itll go the way almost every game has gone since Gerrard left.

That in itself is the sad/annoying part of it.

It doesnt matter of course in terms of the game itself but its a telling measure of the times and Clement has a not dissimilar task to Gerrard when he first arrived - dismantle the mental block and make Rangers approach these encounters with confidence.
We are going to win this league. Feel free to bookmark me. I can just feel it.

As many have said, they think tomorrow will be a walk over & the title is in the bag.

We need modern day versions of John Brown, Richard Gough, Jorg Albertz, and McCoist & Hateley to step up for us - and sickeningly, we’ve only got ourselves to blame.
Unfortunately we have players who do invisible man impressions when the going gets tough.

Back